Diablo® III

Farming Legendary Items and it works!

So basically you are saying that if you get a bunch of mf and kill a whole lot of monsters, you may get a legendary?
Reply Quote
you just got lucky TC.

this isn't a method to farm legendaries in any reliable sense.
Reply Quote
If you run act 3 hell mode and get a 5 stack of NV and play the whole act with the full stack 80% of the time you will get a legendary. I got 3 in 2 today. Had a friend who had never gotten a legendary tr it and he got one.

Really 80%? Did you scientifically determine that number or just make it up? The latter part of your claim is completely anecdotal and useless as a metric.

06/30/2012 09:13 PMPosted by JasonDavid
So happy farming people! The key is not to loose your 5 stack and you can get that in 20 mins in the first part of the act.

Thanks for the tip, I thought the good strategy was to kill one elite pack and leave to reset my NV buff.

06/30/2012 09:13 PMPosted by JasonDavid
There is no guarantee you will get one but your chances are 80% better with my method. If you haven't gotten one by cedera you only haev 2 or 3 more elite packsk before Azmo.

Again with the ridiculous statistic.

The fact of the matter is that there is no better spot to get any particular items. It's all random and the only thing that affects your chances is NV and magic find, period.
Reply Quote
oh, how you would sell your level 50 legendary ring at 500k? the market price is at 4M...
Reply Quote
Recommendation: DO not "identify" legendaries...

WHen they finally get around to fixing them.. you will be able to roll the new stats.

Does not work like that. Stats are rolled on drop.
Reply Quote
06/30/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Tribulation
Freakin no talent *!@ clowns, get a life

Michael..... Bolton? Is that your real name?
Reply Quote
Seiya thank you for your reply. To all the people saying i am a troll you can farm act 1 inferno till the cows come home and you will not get a drop that helps you by any means. Blizzard is not going to fix the brick wall act 2 inferno because then people might get to act 3 and 4 where they can then farm items worth something. Blizzard is the one selling the top tear items on RMAH we all know that. I am showing people away to make a little money. Level 50 legendary might be crap for you but for players rolling their alts they buy them. I've sold every legendary i've gotten.

BTW this is with no MF gear just GF.. So if you don't want to do it don't. Personally I like Act 3 out of all of them if i could get past Act 2 inferno i would be farming Act 3 inferno.

Anyone that does try my method and get's one please post it..

I did have a friend try it and he got one and sold it with in 12 hours on GAH..

Regardless of anything else in this thread, and it's nice that you are at least trying to help the community, the claim that you won't get upgrades in A1 inferno is patently false. In the last few days, I found three personal upgrades myself (one of which was legendary) that I'm still using, and several items that were very nice, including some bracers the AH tells me are worth at least 25m (we'll see how that actually goes). For reference, my WD is currently in A3 inferno, so they weren't just upgrades from my hell gear, either. Maybe they're not dropping all over the place, but my gear is at a decent level now and I don't expect to find upgrades often. It's certainly possible though, based purely on anecdotal evidence.

Again, for reference, my MF is about 130 with NV, so it's nothing crazy. The upgrades are out there. Just don't give up trying.
Reply Quote
I've found at least four in that run. Two Sledges of Athskeling (Enchantress uses one of them), Kill (dagger @ ilvl 56) and Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band (ilvl 59).

I'm mostly geared for gold find in that run, and that gear is pretty terrible in regards to DPS and defense. Which is why I choose that run to grind for gold. I've also found plenty of legendary gear on the Hell Butcher run, although that gear was far below decent. A couple of low level bows, Slave Bracers, and a terrible helmet that looked pretty cool. I dislike almost every helmet in this game and use vanishing dye on just about all of them.

I could farm Inferno Acts I or II with my better gear, but even with five stacks of NV, my gold intake isn't quite up to par with the gold I find in a lesser act that I'm able to steam roll over, and pay a minimal repair bill.

Also, I've found at least 12-14 legendary items in total. Still awaiting the day I see a set piece drop. If it happens, I'll be happy. If it doesn't, I'll still be content, since I've found a nice amount of legendary items. Even if they're not selling, or useful. Haha.
Reply Quote
I've actually seen Act 3/4 Hell to be great for farming and selling. I've gotten some nice items including an amulet I was able to sell for 1.8mill on AH. That was before the last hotfix/patch.
Edited by Serpico#1274 on 7/1/2012 2:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Seiya thank you for your reply. To all the people saying i am a troll you can farm act 1 inferno till the cows come home and you will not get a drop that helps you by any means. Blizzard is not going to fix the brick wall act 2 inferno because then people might get to act 3 and 4 where they can then farm items worth something. Blizzard is the one selling the top tear items on RMAH we all know that. I am showing people away to make a little money. Level 50 legendary might be crap for you but for players rolling their alts they buy them. I've sold every legendary i've gotten.

BTW this is with no MF gear just GF.. So if you don't want to do it don't. Personally I like Act 3 out of all of them if i could get past Act 2 inferno i would be farming Act 3 inferno.

Anyone that does try my method and get's one please post it..

I did have a friend try it and he got one and sold it with in 12 hours on GAH..

yeah because your buddy has all the magic find on just like you stated before so you split the mf. you can a make a ton of gold and find items by doing butcher runs THE RIGHT WAY. i find set pieces and legndaries all the time, no need for this stupid herp derp run. l2p
Reply Quote
Hey Jason, sorry, but i don't agree with this. I have been doing Act 3 hell every day for the last 2 weeks (complete) as i have found this the most profitable money wise so that i can buy gear to move on.
In this time my wife and i have found 1 legendary each, though good luck i hope that you keep getting them.
Also using magic find gear (about 100%) i find that i get about 50k more for act 3 and it takes an extra 1/2 hr to do because of extra time to kill things.
Reply Quote
What does it matter how many hours that it was after if you enjoy doing it?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Some of the best rings and amulets for barbs are level 50-59 and are legendaries. Maybe you should research before opening your mouth. Get the facts and L2P then talk.
Reply Quote
Act 3 hell should bring you 250k in a single run with minimal GF. As far as legendary items it's a crap shoot.
Reply Quote
what is this stack of NV that you speak of?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]