Diablo® III

Farming Legendary Items and it works!

07/01/2012 01:30 PMPosted by JasonDavid
Blizzard is not going to fix the brick wall act 2 inferno

Brick wall Act 2 Inferno?

I'm farming it while watching TV...
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Why would anyone want to farm awful hell legendaries, even if this success rate is true (which I doubt)? Most of them are worthless.

You'd make a lot more money just farming inferno or gold farming Act 3 hell in the Arreat Core.

not sure if serious or if just mad you took his money making and posted it.

fact of the matter MOST gear is worthless because of the craptastic way the random stats roll AND can roll so low of stats that items 30 levels below them are better (ya...60+ items have amazingly bad stats like that). if you get a good roll on a legendary though it could be a huge bank just like getting a good roll on most any other item.

so your trying to say a perfect rolled lvl 40 legendary will have actual value ?

wanna buy a bridge ?
Reply Quote
View profile
Why would anyone want to farm awful hell legendaries, even if this success rate is true (which I doubt)? Most of them are worthless.

You'd make a lot more money just farming inferno or gold farming Act 3 hell in the Arreat Core.

Cuz everyone can farm act 3 inferno right? Oh wait, your retort is gonna be "oh you are bad then or l2p noob", or something of the sort.

Statistically speaking less than 3% of the diablo community is actually farming inferno effectivly. Sure many more have made it but lots can only do act 1.

Also justice lantern will drop in hell difficulty act 3-4 because that is the level range at which the item level is. Those can sell for 10million on average
Reply Quote
80% of the time it works 2 out of 3 times.
Reply Quote
Farming legendarys isn't difficult just takes time. Act1 inferno runs net me about 1 legendary per 2-3hours. Same with any act in inferno really. The question is..Why the hell would I intentionally farm legendarys? Most of them end up getting salvaged at blacksmith anyway.
Reply Quote

Cuz everyone can farm act 3 inferno right? Oh wait, your retort is gonna be "oh you are bad then or l2p noob", or something of the sort.

Statistically speaking less than 3% of the diablo community is actually farming inferno effectivly. Sure many more have made it but lots can only do act 1.

Also justice lantern will drop in hell difficulty act 3-4 because that is the level range at which the item level is. Those can sell for 10million on average

Your chances of getting a justice lantern rolled well enough to sell for 10mill is so small it6 isn't worth the time. Go farm act1 inferno, you're chances of getting a 10mill+item are much much higher dispite still being rediculously low.
Reply Quote
I got a pair of level 63 boots that had 26 dex, and 36 vit, i just laughed when i saw the stats, i had level 20 boots with better stats. ohhhh and they had the - 100$. mouse stat on them that i threw across the room when i identified them. jk jk. true story on those boot stats tho.
Reply Quote
wait RNG is RNG? wanna see my shocked face?
Reply Quote
If you run act 3 hell mode and get a 5 stack of NV and play the whole act with the full stack 80% of the time you will get a legendary. I got 3 in 2 today. Had a friend who had never gotten a legendary tr it and he got one.

Now me i had no MF gear on at all just GF, but my friend has 177% MF before the NV buff. He got his a little past the 1/2 mark for the Act

I have other people trying it as well. Today I didn't get on but tomorrow i probably will.

The drops are for level 50 and higher the ring i got sold for 500k very quickly on AH.

So happy farming people! The key is not to loose your 5 stack and you can get that in 20 mins in the first part of the act.

I am giving this farming method away for free because i have friends with more hours in than me and never have gotten a legendary drop.

It's a tried and true method to getting legendary drops.

There is no guarantee you will get one but your chances are 80% better with my method. If you haven't gotten one by cedera you only haev 2 or 3 more elite packsk before Azmo.

If you have MF gear of course you chances go up much better.

Wait...hang on. I've seen an identical thread before. Let me see if I can find it.
Reply Quote
Ohhh some elitist came on the forums, i Love the people who play 24/7 coming on forums to put thier 2 cents in. Always entertaining to listen to the game crackheads.
Reply Quote
I have been doing this a little.

I have 250% MF with the NV stacks, ran act 4 hell about 4 times and got 3 legendaries in 2 hours.

Of course, they all sucked. This hasn't happened again after trying a few more times so I guess it's down to sheer luck. I got sick of farming hell and started farming inferno.

First time I did that, collected 6mil from the auction house as I found a couple all-res items worth quite a bit.

TL;DR
Farm inferno.
Reply Quote
07/01/2012 07:23 PMPosted by Khizz
what is this stack of NV that you speak of?

When you reach level 60, you're able to receive Nephalem Valor. It boosts your magic and gold find, and is able to stack five times. You automatically receive one stack for killing an elite mob.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Nephalem_Valor
Reply Quote
Did another run tonight and found a belt (Angel Hair Braid).

35 Dex, 140 Int, 25 Resist all, 3% Life, 13% Extra gold and Ignores durability loss. Not bad, but also not good enough for my main character.
Reply Quote
perhaps my MF is too high(328 with 5NV + FortShrine), but I just did this and not a SINGLE legendary dropped in the entire act.

IMO it's all about luck when it comes to legendary drop rate. :\
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]