Diablo® III

PERFECT DUAL WIELD BUILD - 3 Heals barb

Remember back in those days in Diablo 2 where u made barbarians w/ dual wield frenzy and attack as fast as possible till everything melts? then this the build for you.

I already beat the game with this pre 1.3 patch,and now the game is easier, the build is more fun to play.

This for me is the perfect dual wield build, with balance of massive damages and survivability.
try it an see for yourself.
Other builds are good but this IS THE MOST EXCITING TO PLAY.

Here are the skillz:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WRSVkP!ZYb!abcccZ

Heres the GEAR http://tinypic.com/r/if7j90/6

Frenzy + Sidearm - best frenzy rune out there as the sidearm hits the main target also and has his own crit. Think of it as a double attack. Works wonders when surrounded.

Ignore pain + Bliss- HEAL 1. Youll regain full HP if you keep critting the mob. One of the best survival skills. (swap this to berzerker rage for act 1 or act 2 as its very easy)

Charge + Dreadnaught - HEAL 2. Not only it allows you to get out of surrounds, but teh heals are massive. Full HP also when ignore pain is up.
When WoTB is on cool down, and you have around 10% or less HP, pop ignore pain and charge Mobs, youll get to full HP in an instant depends on how many youve hit.
I chose this over leap + iron impact as this one does massive damage w/ crit gear.

Revenge + Provocation -- HEAL 3. this is your massive AOE thatl happen alot and heals. One of the best barb skills out there.
Charge a bunch of normal mobs + revenge crit = All dead and you, full HP.

Warcry + Impunity - best warcry combo

WoTB + insanity - THis will be your elite killer. No matter what the elite is, this plus your dps plus Ignore pain, youll live long enough to kill them.

Passives

Ruthless - You are a Crit Barb. this is a Crit passive.

Weapons Master - Use axe or maces only in main hand. +10 crit is the best weapons master mod among the 3.

Nerves of Steel - Extra armor.

The idea is to kill elites asap with WOTB and ignore pain when you see your HP going down quick. After this short burst, either you killed all elites or you at least killed most of his minions. WHen most minions are still up and you are under 40% hp, run back, kite and wait for ignore pain, then charge and kill. Repeat till elite is dead.
Stack on Crit dmge and crit gear only. This will net you higher DPS. Forget LOH. Go with Life steal if possible.

Heres my Barb Specs:

http://tinypic.com/r/2uj4fv7/6

With an extra offhand slot, you will get more crit damage compared to 2 hand or a shield offhand.

As compared to other builds (my opinion only):

Sword and Board = Easiest to play, best survivability. But gets boring. Best for 3-4 man partys.
2 hand = Best short burst damage, Huge crits, but not as exciting as dual wield action.
Will yield less stats due to no offhand.
Double tornado = This funky build, but gets boring in the long run. At least for me.
Other builds = IDK.

Weapons of choice:

Look for 800 and up+ dps w/ socket and STR not below 150.
Ideally we want ones w/ inherent crit dmge + socket but the price is sky high. get one if you can afford.
Remember, 800dps + 200 str + socket is better than 1000dps + socket

get your crit chance at least 40%, and your crit damage 300%++
Armor 7k up, hp 40k up, all resist 800k up with warcry.

This build works best on SOLO or 2 man.
You want to play 3-4 man act 4?? This build is not for you.
Edited by sevenmelons#1864 on 7/1/2012 5:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
What's the 3 Heals part?
Reply Quote
Charge + dreadnaught = 8% per enemy
Revenge + Provocation = 5% per enemy
Ignore pain + Bliss = 20% life steal Heal
Reply Quote
so for rings and amulet i look out for crit hit chance and cri hit damage? is att spd impt?
Reply Quote
Can u please go one step further and make a picture of all your image?

Your stats are great, but i would love to see the individual pieces to get a better idea of what I am looking for.

I am on act 4 inferno, and I want to try another build like this.
Reply Quote
Yes please post a pic of individual gear pieces, if you're willing to take a moment do screen shot and upload 'em, because the visual is extremely helpful for people trying to gear up :D

With only 40k life, 7k armor, 800 resists, do you find yourself getting one shot or almost one shot frequently? At least based on my stats, which are similar (except resists) three different heals would do nothing when my Life drops so fast. I think you have 200 more Resist than me and only a few % more doesnt seem like it would really help that kind of spiky damage >.<
Reply Quote
Heres the gear that i use.

http://tinypic.com/r/if7j90/6

Some of them i got lucky getting cheap. SOme are like 10mil plus. the highest i paid was my main hand w/c went 18m.
I got the gold from rolling AH and some lucky drops (6 stats glove plan sold 30mil)
Reply Quote
Yes please post a pic of individual gear pieces, if you're willing to take a moment do screen shot and upload 'em, because the visual is extremely helpful for people trying to gear up :D

With only 40k life, 7k armor, 800 resists, do you find yourself getting one shot or almost one shot frequently? At least based on my stats, which are similar (except resists) three different heals would do nothing when my Life drops so fast. I think you have 200 more Resist than me and only a few % more doesnt seem like it would really help that kind of spiky damage >.<

Heres the gear: http://tinypic.com/r/if7j90/6

No i do not get one shot. 200 resist is a noticable difference. Biggest hitters are the subjugators in act 4, but they die in 1 charge. They hit for 1/4 of my HP.

Thats why i opted for ignore pain than berzerker rage.
Plus mobs now dont hurt as much as before.

usually on hard elites, i put out WoTB then ignore pain when i see my hp going below 50%, you wont die as u heal alot and take less damage, and at least 1 or 2 of the elites die, if not all of them.

You can use this w/ Sword and board btw if u want more survivability, but the DW one is more tense and exciting.
Edited by sevenmelons#1864 on 7/1/2012 5:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Can u please go one step further and make a picture of all your image?

Your stats are great, but i would love to see the individual pieces to get a better idea of what I am looking for.

I am on act 4 inferno, and I want to try another build like this.

Sure.

http://tinypic.com/r/if7j90/6
Reply Quote
07/01/2012 01:03 AMPosted by Narsus
so for rings and amulet i look out for crit hit chance and cri hit damage? is att spd impt?

yes ideally those. As long as u get your crit to 40% up and crit dmge high youd be good.

The perfect ring for this is SKull grasps with 25% or more crit dmge, 4% crit chance and 150++ Str. But i cant afford the gold as they sell for 80-100m.

I used Band of fallen heroes and screaming chain. w/ crit damage mod. Its the perfect balance of offense and defense. Plus u get a lil MF :D
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
Hmmm

I have:
43.5% crit
391% crit dmg
57k hp
37k dps
7740 arm
500-700 res

and I am getting messed up still on elite packs. Need more dmg? Need to be less bad? lol
Reply Quote
i'm right around your exact stats but my offhand is only 670 dps spear w/+275 strength and 52% crit dmg, my mainhand is 888 dps mace w/+82 str and socket with +60% crit dmg, my crit chance is 42% and my crit dmg is 280% I have like 40k dps 800 res all 57k hp and 9k armor, I have made it to the part where you have to find the breach in the castle and i'm dying a good bit from elites after that point. I'm assuming I should get a little more all res and crit dmg to do it comfortably? Also running battle rage and overpower instead of furious charge and IP so maybe that will make the big difference for me. I'll give it a shot when I get home
Reply Quote
Yea those 2 skills (charge, Ignore pain) are pretty much the key for your survival.
As DW gives you massive dmge overtime, Ignore pain will give you a 5 second window to kill those elites then get out when things turn rough after IP, ususaly i escape by charge so i get heal as well.
But w/ the current gear i have WoTB + IP destroys most elites.

For shielding packs, wait for them to use shields 1st before engaging.
For Molten, trap yourself in a corner to avoid fire dmge, then charge out when youre in a bad situation.
Reply Quote
Awesome build, saved my !@#. I used to be an epic tank, but that got boring. I tried switching to a whiriwind build, but that didn't work too well for me. I started panicing because I thought I just threw away my awesome tank set for something that didnt even work. I then tried this build as a desperation act and lo and behold it worked out awesomely. Just what I wanted, less defense but much more offense.
Reply Quote
is it necessary to have lifesteal? since there will be 3 healing skills? kind of hard to find weapon with lifesteal crit dmg socket str with high dps.
Reply Quote
No need for ignore pain, waste of a good slot you could use for whatever. With enough life steal you shouldn't need it, 5 seconds isn't much and with charge you should be able to just... charge away. Throw in leap and it'll add that much more versatility to your barb.

7.5-8% life steal is really all that's necessary, but of course the full 9% would be great.

Current stats:

http://i.imgur.com/uBtw0.jpg

There is never a time where I think, "wow, I sure wish I had ignore pain instead of leap", or whatever.

I also use Charge + Merciless Assault instead. Again, no need for that extra heal, when you're fighting a large group and have around 7-8% life steal, you can charge through multiple times and get a good chunk of hitpoints back while doing a ton of DPS if you crit too because it does 200% weapon damage.

edit; I also noticed you're using frenzy + sidearm. I kinda have to disagree with that, I feel that vs elite packs and just in general, frenzy + maniac is going to make life steal work that much better and that much more consistent from the damage buff rather than relying on a chance to proc sidearm instead.

My DPS gets up to around 78k with frenzy + maniac at 5 and the life steal from my crits is very, very good at this point.
Edited by Ennui#1560 on 7/9/2012 12:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
hey seven melons. wats ur battletag? got some question to ask u regarding abt DW and ur items.
Reply Quote
regarding the passives, is bloodthirst subject to diminishing returns in inferno as other life steal is? also, does anyone use inspiring presence for the regen? or are other passives just too much better.

i use a similar build (not nearly as much crit though) and i'm thinking of switching out ignore pain:ignorance is bliss for furious charge:dreadnought based on what i'm reading here. might help me get out of sticky situations, also has a heal, and it has a shorter cooldown.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]