With some of the money I have made off the RMAH I have decided to open a ventrilo server for the ANZ community to use.
I have created a 20 slot Vent server hosted in Sydney, Australia. You your friends or randoms you meet while playing the game are welcome to use this server, personally I always prefer chatting with someone over typing but that may be me being lazy =P
Server details are:
The server itself has no password for general access and I have setup channels in it already, if there is a specific channel you would like then feel free to send me a message or post here.
If you don't already have ventrilo you can download it here: http://www.ventrilo.com
and here is a quick guide on setup/how to connect:
1) Start the ventrilo program. Click on the Start button, click on Programs and then click on Ventrilo. This will display another menu option called Ventrilo that will start the actual program.
2) Click on the "->" button that is next to the first pulldown window called "User Name". This will open a new window where you can create a logon name to be used when connecting to a server.
3) Click the "New" button. This will open a small window where you can enter your logon name. The name you enter is entirely up to you. It can be your real name or a nick name.
4) Click the "OK" button. You can come back to this window and click on the help button later on if you want more detailed information about what the other options mean and how to use them.
5) Now that we are back to the main window click on the "->" button that is next to the pulldown window called "Server". This will open a new window where you can enter the details about the server you would like to connect to.
6) Click the "New" button. This will open a small window where you can enter a name that will describe the new server definition. The name can be anything you want it to be like: "My server" or "Joe's server". When entering a server name you don't need the quotes around it. These server names will show up in the main Ventrilo window.
7) Click "OK".
8) Click on the "Hostname or IP" input box and enter the server hostname or IP address given to you by the person hosting the server.
9) Click on the "Port number" input box and enter the servers port number. The program will automatically display the default port number of 3784 but you can change this to what ever the server needs it to be.
10) Click on the "Password" input box and enter the servers password as defined by the server administrator.
11) Click "OK" to return to the Ventrilo main window.
12) Click "Connect" to establish a connection between you and the server you just defined.
13) You should also click on the Setup button and configure all of the different options that control Ventrilo. This is very important when it comes to controlling the microphone or input source. Once in the Setup dialog click on the "Help" button. Be sure to read what all of the options are and what they mean. This is very important for the Voice page.
That's all there is to it. You can always add more server definitions and create new logon names at any time.
@Narull - ANZ Diablo III MVP
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716 - The Most Valuable Poster program info
There not spelling mistakes, Im speaking 'Ye Old English'