Diablo® III

I keep getting emails for spam

Same here i just got my account suspended for 24h got like 5 of those emails .... im not using chat so wtf?
Reply Quote
I have the same problem since yesterday. I get the emails when i'm off the game (today i logged off and i got the email same seconds later!)... so far I have 5 of them.

it's this one:

Greetings,

Account Name: ***********

A user of the above account has recently been involved in actions deemed inappropriate for Diablo III by the In-Game Support staff of Blizzard Entertainment.

Account Action: 6 Hour Suspension of Chat Privilegees
Offense: Spamming
This category includes:
* Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish.
* Saying the same phrase more than once in a period of 30 seconds.

Based on a review of the information presented, this Diablo III account has had its chat privileges suspended. While the account has been placed under review, you will be unable to speak to other players via any avenue of Diablo III. Should spamming behavior continue, we may proceed to apply further penalties including extended suspension of chat privileges, account suspension, or account closure. Once an account has been closed, any characters, items, or auctions will be irretrievable.

For further information, please review the Diablo III Policies and Terms of Use Agreement: (http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-policies) and (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/d3_tou.html).

Any disputes or questions concerning this account action can only be addressed by Account Administration. To learn more about how Account Administration is able to assist you, please visit: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/account-administration-overview. Customer Support is not equipped to handle this type of account access inquiry via phone. You must contact Account Administration via a Support Site ticket: https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit.

We understand that these policies may seem harsh, but they are in place to ensure that every player is able to enjoy their time spent on Battle.net. Thank you for respecting our position.

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment
Diablo III Customer Support
http://battle.net/support

I dont talk to chats, i rarely do public game and when i do i rarely speak. i only speak with one friend when we party or we whispering to each other.
I logged in to battle.net and wrote them about and waiting for the reply.
Reply Quote
Never have visited any gold selling site nor any fan site.
I have never gotten any phishing mail nor spam in game.
Have never gotten hacked from any online games.
No !@#$ site, no redirect site, no P2P search site, no file sharing site, never click on any links on unverified email, never type in any of your info unless the site is trusted worldwide.
Just do that and you will never get any problems.
I do all sorts of un-safe stuff on separate computer. :)
Reply Quote
I agree with you, Tunagoblin!

First time i get this problem from a game... and i'm not new in games (i've been playing for about 10 years), i'm not new to pc about privacy/protecting/etc (actually i'm educated).

I changed my password and the emails have stopped coming when i log off from the game :D
Reply Quote
I just clicked the link on the email and submitted a ticket. Wish I would have known it was a scam! I had logged in with my info and everything:(. I deleted all my payment info. The letter had the green check and shield ceritifing it was from blizzard though! I sent blizzard a letter to their site to ask what I need to do. I am so worried:(
Reply Quote
I submitted a ticket too and I'm waiting for their reply.

Mine has the green check too and when I log in https://eu.battle.net/support , automatically i'm getting logged in here too.

So, it's the real one :)
Reply Quote
These do not appear to be spam mails, the links are all good from what I can see.

Something appears to be wrong with the methods Blizzard are using to identify and ban spammers in game I'd say.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Either that or people have compromised accounts.

To be on the safe side you can do a few things (also helps troubleshoot the issue)

- security sweep on the PC (a good idea to do frequently anyway)
- create a new email JUST for battle.net and apply it (rules out phishing emails)
- change your password (hacker protection)
- ensure a valid authenticator is on the account. (even better hacker protection)

If all those things are done then it rules out compromise and points to a filter error on Blizzard's end.
Reply Quote
I got the same but already sent a ticket, thought they got it mixed up because I reported a farmer spamming the chat last time I played.

The only reason I'm logged in now is because of this email.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
No, the "spoofed" links and headers in phishing emails are though. Not sure if trolling or what...
Reply Quote
This is ridiculous. It's like people don't know http://battle.net automatically redirects to us.battle.net. It might be different depending on your region, though (like Europeans would be sorted to their site.) I'm running several scans right now, which I know will all come up clean, and I run noscript/flashblock/adblock so nothing gets through unless I whitelist it. I guess what makes me the most frustrated is that I actually feel like playing and I can't. I'm generally not one to point the finger, but I think the problem might be on Blizzard's end. We'll see if my characters are stripped bare/gone in 21 hours.

EDIT: typo.
Edited by Deschel#1730 on 7/14/2012 8:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The reply that i got was:

Greetings,

You are receiving this mail in response to the help petition which you submitted.

I've looked into this and the reason you were getting these emails is because you had a hacker on your account that was sending out spam on our American servers.

As such I've gone ahead and sent you a password reset, which you will now find within your personal email address. Please make sure that this new password is different from other passwords that you may already been using. This is to avoid a hacker logging back into your account again.

Regards,

Loccvor
English Game Master Team

Just change your password guys ;)
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Make sure the PC is free of malware and spyware first! Also, consider an Authenticator. That way no mater what they can't get in without having physical access to the device/your mobile phone.
Reply Quote
Ok I know im bringing an old post back but I have been getting these for 3 days now!
I did a full virus scan, cleared and blocked all cookies, have an authenticator and changed my email password! Yet despite this, they still managed to get onto my account again?!
Its the second time I have had my account suspended after doing all that...
I have never brought gold online or joined any other sites about the game...
I have just used cCleaner and Norton power eraser, but my account is still blocked...

Can anyone else who has had this problem offer any other advice that worked for them?!
Reply Quote
Watch out cause my account was hacked last night.

Logged in this morning said my email didnt exist. Someone hacked my account changed the address associated with it and also my security q's. I saw two emails in japanse or something saying that i changed my settings.

Called support they verified who I was and changed it back to me...I also made my password more secure.
Reply Quote
View profile
If you mouse over the link in the emails you get (DO NOT CLICK ON IT) and look at the bottom of your browser, it will show you exactly where the link takes you to. You'll notice it'll be something dumb like www.battle.ik-net.blah.blah.blah.com (or some other nonsense) you can tell right off the bat it's not a real blizzard email.
Reply Quote
This...This is Blizzard taking out their mistake on their customers...

Blizzard,

Do your customers a favor and fix your mistakes without spamming our emails. I do not and will NEVER play another of your sweat shop games again. I left your game soon after release when I realized that this game is, well, not entertaining. There have been many bad games that I have played, but none of which I have bashed. This game is a disgrace for a MULTITUDE of reasons. Since I do not have the time and you do not respect your customers, I will not grant you the knowledge of my experience with your 'game'. I will withhold any solutions or problems because I don't feel like you deserve to know. I do not wish for this company to continue to produce 'games' because you have lost the concept of 'gaming' and instead have looked at 'profit'. If every project from NASA had the idea of 'profit' in their mind, then NASA would not exist. NASA makes a lunar lander for discovery while YOU should be making games for ENTERTAINMENT. If you're purpose is to hit a home run rather than winning the game, then you are in the WRONG business. Get in the game or start packing.

That said, you now have my main concern for leaving your company and, furthermore, discussing negative aspects of your games and company branding from this day forward in any conversation the name or products of "Blizzard" comes up. Your performance record after WoW (which was pathetic as well) has gone nowhere but down. Your fanbase is diminishing for every empty promise you have come up with and your customers are fleeting for every account issue you spam their emails with. The image is only ONE of 5+ PAGES of spam emails from YOU. Don't !@#$ with my %^-*! If my inactivity on your sweat shop of a game is suspicious, then I should inform you that it is not suspicious to your customers. You must be thinking, "Oh, it's suspicious that you're not playing our super hyped up game! It's so awesome (as you continue to false advertise)." Well, I have your answer. This is a SWEAT SHOP for GOLD FARMERS and 12 YEAR OLD KIDS that SHOULD NOT BE PLAYING YOUR GAME ANYWAY. It is rated M, yet you designed it to be a 'never ending' farm for equipment. This was great when we (MATURE crowd) first got into games (At the age of 12). We grew up! We care about being entertained. If we watch a crappy movie, it's not a big deal. This is simply because we did not give out any of our personal information, were not lied to for over 10 years, did not pay a large percentage of a paycheck to watch it, and do not get our email accounts SPAMMED WITH YOUR MISTAKES! Get the HELL out of my inbox! If you have something IMPORTANT to send to me, like suing your company for ANY reason, send that to me. Otherwise, get the HELL out. This is your warning. If you spam my inbox again, I WILL find a way to put you in court and, preferably, in debt to the point of bankruptcy. Get at me, bro.

I am a paying customer and I am ALWAYS right. END OF DISCUSSION or allow me speak to your manager. If your manager does not concern himself with his customers, then allow me speak with your president. If that doesn't work, the BBB will own your company. It's a bit of a win, win, win situation for me.

Summary of this: Get the HELL out of my inbox. If you don't think it's your spam, I have a few images printed out to prove it. This one is to show you the severity of my case. An email every half hour or less is unnecessary, childish, annoying, insensitive, abrasive, and SPAMMING. You're not a child so stop tapping my shoulder! There's a reason why I'm ignoring you! Do you want to get a spanking!? Face the corner, stay quiet, and keep to yourself! That will teach you from making a mess in my house without permission...

If you would like to delete, ban, or block my account, send me a check for $60 to the address listed in my account, I insist.

PS: You don't see me spamming your forums with flames, do you? Oh, right. As if you would notice my name in the millions of others flaming Diablo III...

PPS: Have a pleasant day.

http://postimage.org/image/5ebibiph7/
Edited by SuperChill#1914 on 9/17/2012 6:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I keep getting this email. it's been going on for a long time. i don't even play it anymore. it's already been like a year since i last played.

but once i click the link, i get a message right away saying that it's a blocked site and to get out of it right away. that way i know my firewall is protecting me.

i wish this would stop already. it's getting really annoying.

Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal Diablo III account(s).
As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.
It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:
https://www.battle.net/account/d3/login-support.html

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

* First and Surname
* Secret Question and Answer
Show * Please enter the correct information

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.
Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Regards,

Account Administration Team
Blizzard Entertainment
http://www.blizzard.com/support/
Diablo III , Blizzard Entertainment 2013
Edited by Twist0Fate#1959 on 11/18/2013 4:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
That is such a common Phishing scam that Blizzard uses that one as an example in their article educating players about how to avoid those sorts of scams. http://us.battle.net/en/security/theft#phishing

Those are not being sent to you by Blizzard, but by hackers/scammers in other countries. Blizzard has no controls over those criminals so can not stop them from sending emails, anymore than they can stop the spammers sending you enhancement or African prince scams.

If you clicked the link at all, you need to scan your PC for malware. I recommend Malwarebytes.

1. Download, install, and update Malwarebytes (free version is fine). Boot into safe mode and run a FULL (not quick version) scan with the game up and gibberish in the login fields. Some malware only activates under those conditions.
2. When that scan is done, run a FULL virus scan with an updated virus scanner. Microsoft Security Essentials is free and decent these days. Some folks here also like Avast. Better than Nortons, MacAffee, etc.
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 11/18/2013 5:15 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]