Diablo® III

Anyone else let down with ACT Environments?

Blizz can't make existing environment look too different. Act 1 and act 3 take place in the same setting as in Diablo 2. It would be weird if you were told that the fields around Tristram had turned into rainforests over the past 20 years.

I can also see the differences between act 2 in D2 and D3. Lut Gholein really felt as a little tradestown based near the sea. Caldeam feels like the jewel it's discribed to be. Also the Oasis zone is completely new and the sewer levels are actually watery. They are deffo not the same as the sewers in D2. However, the desert theme is pretty much the same and the Shadow Realm is exactly the same as the Arcane Sanctuary.

Act 3 has some new zones like Stonefort and both the bridges. Although they are in the same style as in D2, they both deffo gave a new experience. The athmosphere in the whole act was a lot different from D2 aswell. You do feel like your on a battlefield. The towers are also completely new.

Lots of new stuff, imo. It's just that old stuff is so easy to point out.
Reply Quote
Sanctuary is essentially Earth.

Unless Blizzard send Diablo into space, there's so much they can do with existing settings.

OH MAN THERE IS YOUR EXPANSION RIGHT THERE. Diablo 3: In Space! Chase the prime evil (who already looks like he belongs more in Starcraft than Diablo) through the stars on an intergalactic journey that pushes the Diablo Universe to new frontiers.

Just to clarify, I only think this is a viable option because the writing in D3 was such a joke. With that in mind, why not send us to a Saturn-esque planet to battle Diablo and his might moon monsters!!!

Scroll up. I told you! There shall be spaceships (likely full of draenei) crashing into Sanctuary.
Reply Quote
07/03/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Joren
Blizz can't make existing environment look too different. Act 1 and act 3 take place in the same setting as in Diablo 2. It would be weird if you were told that the fields around Tristram had turned into rainforests over the past 20 years

Yeah, well, who told you that Act 1 and Act 3 MUST take place in the same setting as in Diablo 2 ? This was Blizzard decision. They could have done something completely different. I am not saying that I don't like it, though. I think they are Ok. But since we've been there before, well, at least Acts 2 and 4 could take place in somewhere new to the series.

Caldeam feels like the jewel it's discribed to be.

I don't see Caldeum as a "jewel it is described to be" ... I think the city is very small. About the oasis and sewers, yeah, some new stuff, but I think it's not enough, because it is still a "desert level" version 2.

The athmosphere in the whole act was a lot different from D2 aswell. You do feel like your on a battlefield.

Agree to disagree ? I think the atmosphere is pretty similar.

Lots of new stuff, imo. It's just that old stuff is so easy to point out

Anyway, like I said before, I would like to see different areas, completely new areas. In D3, that only happens in Act 4 with the High Heavens. They definitely did some new stuff for Acts 1, 2 and 3, but that is not enough to make D3 feels like a completely new game. Too much of it feels like Diablo 2... 2.
Reply Quote
07/03/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Omacron
Ureh

I was really looking forward to seeing Ureh, even if it was just the ruins.

That said, I really enjoyed the environments in Diablo 3. Although, it seems like Heaven and Hell are really *small* compared to Sanctuary. It's no wonder the Angels and Demons are at war. They don't have enough room to even stretch their legs. They're riding coach with all the screaming babies while us Nephalem are riding first class with our veal medallions and Chardonnay.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]