Diablo® III

FPS drops ridiculously..

(Locked)

I've logged about 150+ hours into the game and have played at Full Settings the entire time with no real decrease in performance. That's fullscreen at 1440x900, high settings all over, anti-aliasing, etc.

Early 2010 MacBook Pro
Lion OS X 10.7.4
2.66 GHz Intel Core i7
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GT 330 M 512MB

Just recently the game has FPS drops to where it is unplayable. Maybe 3-5 fps, it's terrible and I just have to log out right away. The laptop has no problems playing some other games like DOTA 2 and LoL, but SC2 also has terrible FPS drops, which was also a game I would play on all high settings.

I lowered all the settings on Diablo 3, sans fullscreen at 1440x900 but it has done nothing. I have tried everything listed in your FAQ/Guide to eliminate the problem to no avail. After a fresh restart, the game plays fine for 2-3 minutes but right when the fans turn on the FPS drops to the floor. I was playing last night for about 4 hours before it happened, but today no more than 2 minutes in the game is done with.
the comments you will get may contain this:

we are working on that
expect a new patch where these problems will be addressed
restart your mac
SMC
Pram

and this other blizz stuff that makes you feel like a dumb kid.

face the reality: sc2 was patched to death and D3 will never ever run on a mac like it does on a pc. Blizz released a beta.

search sc2 forums and d3 forums about fps stuttering problems ...

A NEVER ENDING STORY

bb
a nearly quitter of blizz games ...
I sure hope not...

It's very strange. D3 will make my machine performance DRASTICALLY worse. If I restart my computer and not load D3 up, everything plays like a charm. If I play D3 and the FPS drops, then it will affect EVERYTHING.

On Cinebench I benchmarked at ~19fps. After D3 I will benchmark at ~4fps. There is something going on here.

But I did just have a decent 1 hour session where nothing went wrong.
Same problem here
Support Forum Agent
Please don't necro threads. Create a new thread about teh issue so we can better assist.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]