Diablo® III

Fun things I do in D3

So I have come to accept D3 isn't D2. D2 is like your first love of your life which can never be replaced but later in life you can love another person in different ways. So what I find fun and not fun is what this post is about. Would love to hear what you guys do for fun and what you see can be improvements to make this game more fun. Fun is what its about right? For backdrop, I have a geared MF demon hunter that I rolled on launch. Always was the plan for me to gear a ranged class MF character first, to farm to gear out my melee which is a monk. So I have a geared out monk as a result.

1. I plan to play all 5 classes to 60 in softcore and gear them out and try builds. I hope devs will come through on class changes in a future patch like they said, that will enable diverse viable builds. (crosses fingers) If they accomplish this, my fun factor will improve immensely.

2. I will play hardcore for fun. BUT once or if server issues like lag get fixed. IDK if this will happen or not.....

3. I like the Auction house...omg I'm gonna get flamed here lol. To me the auction house is the D3 way of sitting in trade channels in D2. While trading in D2 was fun if you could strike a good deal but it could be annoying at times. The same thing goes for the AH. I get excited and its fun when I win a auction at the last minute and its a great buy. Or when my items sell. This applies to RMAH as well since I made about $150 bucks so far. I will probably buy something in RMAH with what I made but waiting for game to settle down after weekly changes. Anyways its kinda fun to me to browse AH in between some games.

4. Inferno is....well fun to me. Is it annoying and sometimes cheap with the elite affixes? Yes! I like the challenge of Act 3/4 tho. I'm sure devs can improve playability in act3/4 but that can be done with time. So when I want a challenge I go into Act3/4 and when I want to faceroll farm, I go into Act 2 inferno. Yes, my monk can faceroll farm Act 2. What is not fun is lack of viablity of so many spells/abilities. Would like more variety in this aspect. I want to slaughter demons in many different ways, Blizzard.....that is fun! make it so.

5. What is not fun is the risk /= reward of act 3 and 4 elite packs. Spending a long time and getting bad drops is not fun. How about making all drops itemlvl 63 after 5 stacks of NV in act 3 and 4. Sure we still get crappy rolls on the items but at least they are high level. This will introduce more godly items into the economy but what does that really do? Give Blizz more transactions in RMAH or gold AH? Win for you guys imo. But somebody who gets to own some cool items will be happy and have fun with it. And people who dont use RMAH can find items of their own one day.

6. What is not fun is itemization. I think this has been covered greatly on the forums. All i gotta say is we want cool, unique, and uber stuff. If I'm like most people who love the Diablo series, we dont even care if its overpowered. We want that stuff for ourselves. Ignore the QQ about powerful builds and items. Those people most of come from MMOs where balance is of big concern. True Diablo fans dont care, they would only be inspired to make a build like that OP person they saw and get that OP item they saw. It will be a goal for fans like myself. I dont get jelly, I get inspired! So lay off the nerfs will ya? Even if I never get those items, at least I will try. You know like that hot girl you know, at least I can try to ask her out or even think about doing it....even if I get denied lol.

7. PvP. This I look forward to for fun factor. I hope with the delay it works out well on the rollout. One thing I would like to see is an open field free-for-all map like D2 had by the Encampment. Man, did I have fun killing and being killed by random people in a free-for-all. or going into barb or pally only duels to test my skill/gear with fellow barbs and pallies. The 4 player cap kinda sucks for FFA maps, maybe increase the cap to 8 one day for FFA pvp? More people to kill is fun!

8. Last point for me. Farming. Diablo is about farming. We like to farm. It is fun. Right now its meh for me. I look for easy and fast farming spots, I would guess most other people would too. I take that approach from playing d2 and I probalby will never give that up. Time effiency is important. Itemization will make farming fun. Nothing like the feeling of getting a good drop, right now its too slim. I hope with rework of some legendaries at least we have some more solid pieces to look for as well as random yellow rares. More great items dropping=more happy ppl=having fun=more transactions for you guys in RMAH. WIN WIN.

Sorry for any typos and thanks for reading. I was bored with servers being down :).
Reply Quote
jesus...this guy is bored!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
psh... not bored just spoken like true diablo fan and not a wow fanatic. i whole heartedly agree :D i was disappointed at first, but in time grew to love this game as well and am looking forward to whats coming next.
Edited by SuburbanPunk#1482 on 12/9/2012 1:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
What a damned good write up. Good one, Condorhero. Enjoyed the read.

For me, the fun with these types of games comes from collecting and crafting. The AH is blah for me. Can't get into that. PvP? Naa. not into that either.

Questing & crafting. That's my personal sweet spot. Both need some tweaking, like many of the other aspects of the game. Everyone has their own preferences. Variety of choice is what made D2 thrive for so long.

What everyone wants is options. More things to choose from.

Cheers.
Reply Quote
woah! I've been necro'ed! Didn't even notice. lol
Reply Quote
07/03/2012 07:34 AMPosted by Condorhero
5. What is not fun is the risk /= reward of act 3 and 4 elite packs. Spending a long time and getting bad drops is not fun. How about making all drops itemlvl 63 after 5 stacks of NV in act 3 and 4. Sure we still get crappy rolls on the items but at least they are high level. This will introduce more godly items into the economy but what does that really do? Give Blizz more transactions in RMAH or gold AH? Win for you guys imo. But somebody who gets to own some cool items will be happy and have fun with it. And people who dont use RMAH can find items of their own one day.

Sorry but that would not be good, because MP1 would make it where the only thing dropping in all acts of inferno will be ilvl 63. No doubt you are at a level of gear where it will take a long time to find your next upgrade as it should. If it only takes you a day to get all of your gear. Then players would be able to clear inferno in about a weeks time.

GJ Blizz for making a game where players only have to play for one week and they have cleared your game. Now I guess they can move on to other games. Then Blizz can shut the servers off for good since everyone is done playing right.

That is why it has to take a long while to gear up because making gearing up super easy would make gearing in this game lame. The great item hunt would die a horrible death.

6. What is not fun is itemization. I think this has been covered greatly on the forums. All i gotta say is we want cool, unique, and uber stuff. If I'm like most people who love the Diablo series, we dont even care if its overpowered. We want that stuff for ourselves. Ignore the QQ about powerful builds and items. Those people most of come from MMOs where balance is of big concern. True Diablo fans dont care, they would only be inspired to make a build like that OP person they saw and get that OP item they saw. It will be a goal for fans like myself. I dont get jelly, I get inspired! So lay off the nerfs will ya? Even if I never get those items, at least I will try. You know like that hot girl you know, at least I can try to ask her out or even think about doing it....even if I get denied lol.

All games need a challenge in order to be played for years and years. A game with zero challenge because you are unkillable gods will only be played for a little while by the majority. Then they will move on to a new game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Says the guy posting with a wow account bahaha
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]