Diablo® III

Since justice has been met this day...

...whereby a girl was betrayed by both her father and mother, turned into the Prime Evil against her will and slaughtered, I shall now take the role of wisdom, despite not foreseeing the betrayal factoring into this plot, and I shall do so as a mortal, in a realm where death does not exist.
Reply Quote
hahahhahahahha this is awesome
Reply Quote
hmm...maybe Tyrael is also the Aspect of Irony.
Reply Quote
Forcing the hero to go along with transparently evil beings, Adria and Kulle, to further the game is the greatest failing of the D3 story.

The game's producers went to great lengths (in the cinematics) to make Leah a very sympathetic character, only to turn around and force you to be an active and more-or-less witting participant in her destruction; frankly, that makes no sense. I can hardly believe that they just couldn't see how off-putting and manipulative that would seem to players.

In D2 you're a hero who got to oppose evil. In D3 you're not a hero; you're forced to be either evil or a fool.
Reply Quote
That whole ending was so out of left field. I wish Itherael had been like, "Wait what? Whoa, whoa, Tyrael, wait a minute - who said you get to be wisdom now? Maybe you should just read some books and... man, I don't know, sit around and think about the bad stuff that your lack of wisdom caused in Act 1 before you declare yourself wisdom incarnate. Maybe that first."
Reply Quote
I might forgive the weakness in the writing if in the expansion (should they make one) Tyrael steps down from Heaven because he realizes justice was never met, then aids humanity in stopping Adria and her cult from resurrecting some Prime Evil. In the process, Tyrael and the hero can find and reassemble the fragments of the Black Soulstone, then enter the Soulstone to recollect Leah's soul and bring her to life. Leah could then aid them in the defeat of this Prime Evil, whichever one it is, and carry on the mission of the Horadrim. They could make Leah older and wiser, and maybe give her a romance with Tyrael. The fallen angel and a former demon, working together to preserve the world from evil.
Reply Quote
I might forgive the weakness in the writing if in the expansion (should they make one) Tyrael steps down from Heaven because he realizes justice was never met, then aids humanity in stopping Adria and her cult from resurrecting some Prime Evil. In the process, Tyrael and the hero can find and reassemble the fragments of the Black Soulstone, then enter the Soulstone to recollect Leah's soul and bring her to life. Leah could then aid them in the defeat of this Prime Evil, whichever one it is, and carry on the mission of the Horadrim. They could make Leah older and wiser, and maybe give her a romance with Tyrael. The fallen angel and a former demon, working together to preserve the world from evil.

Great idea I wholeheartedly agree!
(Except the part about forgiveness.)
Reply Quote
There was no angel of Wisdom after the destruction of the worldstone so probably people became less wise just like when the angel of hope was captured, people like haedrig became very pessimistic.

BUT now that there is no angel of justice, doesn't that mean people will not seek justice in the expansion? Town guards will let you steal stuff?
Reply Quote
It wasn't the slaughtering of the innocent girl that was justice, it was the fact that we tracked down the person responsible and killed her too... Oh, wait.

Also, let us not forget that in addition to being tricked by Adria, Tyrael was also tricked by Izual (twice) and was wrong about the soulstones (twice). He really should be the aspect of Hope, because that's the only thing that explains such repeated gullibility.
Reply Quote
07/03/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Topdek
..whereby a girl was betrayed by both her father and mother, turned into the Prime Evil against her will and slaughtered, I shall now take the role of wisdom, despite not foreseeing the betrayal factoring into this plot, and I shall do so as a mortal, in a realm where death does not exist.

and this:

That whole ending was so out of left field. I wish Itherael had been like, "Wait what? Whoa, whoa, Tyrael, wait a minute - who said you get to be wisdom now? Maybe you should just read some books and... man, I don't know, sit around and think about the bad stuff that your lack of wisdom caused in Act 1 before you declare yourself wisdom incarnate. Maybe that first."

made my day
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]