Diablo® III

High dps follower

Expecting a high dps follower?
Very funny.
then why don't we equip the best stuff on the follower,
and hide and run around behind it,
and let it fight the mobs all the time?
You guys think the game would make sense that way?
The buffs that the followers give are good enough.
Stop whining.
Reply Quote
But they do do that - kill stuff I am running away from - sometimes. Gotta love them for that.
Reply Quote
Followers offer buffs and some DPS, albeit minor DPS. Always better to have something than nothing.

Hand-Me-Downs are usually good enough unless you have the money to spare to make them better. Are they awesome? No. Are they average and better than nothing? Yes.
Reply Quote
My HC enchantress has over 3k DPS. Her forceful push hits for 12k, crits for 25k. Her DoT ticks 6-7k per second, crits for 11-12k.

She can solo packs of inferno white mobs, and would take out champ packs (without vampiric/extra health/shielding, enrage timer FTL) if I kited them for her.
Edited by Wanfear#1697 on 7/3/2012 1:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
my enchantress have 6.150 dps
Reply Quote
Its not about having high dps, its about having noticeable dps. Perhaps around the lines of 1% of your dps at least?

The only time it gets above 1% of your dps is when you gear your follower up with level 60 items stacked with primary stats (the only stat they gain 2.5x benefit from for some reason)
Reply Quote
Look at D2 Merc's.
They !@#$ing owned.
Supplemented sorc's perfectly with lvl 12 conviction from infinity runeword polearms.
You could literally let your merc fight for you if you wanted.
Reply Quote
my follower can dish out 6.8kdps. I think you just have to know what to give them. They do decent dps on top of their buffs
Reply Quote
Its not about having high dps, its about having noticeable dps. Perhaps around the lines of 1% of your dps at least?

The only time it gets above 1% of your dps is when you gear your follower up with level 60 items stacked with primary stats (the only stat they gain 2.5x benefit from for some reason)

my barb have 15k dps and she have 6.100 its 40%+-

if you have higt dps WHY YOU NEED DPS IN YOU FOLLOWER ?

use a Templar with high RES VIT AND STR. you templar can TANK A LOT for you.
Reply Quote
use a Templar with high RES VIT AND STR. you templar can TANK A LOT for you.

very rarely do you have situations where he can actually work as a tank. Enemies almost never attack your followers.

07/03/2012 09:51 PMPosted by ScarfDeath
if you have higt dps WHY YOU NEED DPS IN YOU FOLLOWER ?

Why do followers have damage dealing attacks if they cant deal damage?
Edited by Brathearon#1214 on 7/4/2012 9:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Um, Enchantress with 4.6k dps deals about 24k with her force push. That's not a small number mind you. If I can get a slightly better stuff to equip her with, and get her to 5.5k+, she could deal as much damage as familiars or pets.
Reply Quote
07/04/2012 10:33 AMPosted by MasterSpark
Um, Enchantress with 4.6k dps deals about 24k with her force push. That's not a small number mind you. If I can get a slightly better stuff to equip her with, and get her to 5.5k+, she could deal as much damage as familiars or pets.

That only happens at max level gear though. It should be that high while leveling as well. If anything, the damage penalty should only kick in when the player reaches max level.

for its CD, 24k is a pretty negligible number. Remember even though the listed dps may be comparable to yours, the actual damage per second you are dealing is significantly higher. Your followers are dealing dps much closer to the listed dps because of their long cooldown abilities, some of which are not even dealing damage.
Edited by Brathearon#1214 on 7/4/2012 11:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
True, but their DPS still counts towards total damage dealt, and their buffs and CC definitely make them must haves, most of which can help increase your own DPS. I do agree that they can stand to buff the damage on followers a bit. More like they should have their damage reduced in difficulty levels, with highest base damage leveling through normal, then nightmare etc etc.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
My followers can generally take care of non-elite monsters that I'm sort of ignoring, and make fights in general go faster.

But really, their buffs are the big reason to have them.
Reply Quote
I have Managed To Get My Scoundrel To Have Just Over 10k dps Really Its Not That Hard To Get :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
My enchantress is just under 11k dps
Reply Quote
My scoundrel has 20k dps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]