Diablo® III

Account hacked

Good job with the security Blizzard you guys are just the best.
I log in today and my character is naked, 40M of DH equipement gone + a few millions.

Keep it up Blizzard!
Reply Quote
Customer Support
Good job with the security Blizzard you guys are just the best.
I log in today and my character is naked, 40M of DH equipement gone + a few millions.

Keep it up Blizzard!

Apologies for the compromise experience, NoMethod. I'd recommend checking out the following security information for advice on securing your computer and account to prevent these types of situations from occurring: http://us.battle.net/security/

For information specific to Diablo III and requesting a compromise rollback, please see the following article: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/compromised-diablo-iii-account
Reply Quote
You blame blizzard, but it was most likely your own fault.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You want Blizzard to help you, and then you're an !@#$%^- to them for something that was most likely your own fault. Nice.
Reply Quote
Well lets see... have a password of at least 24 characters with numbers and etc. NO WORDS, Nothing you like, nothing you are familiar your with, you should write your password.

If you can remember your password. It is not a good password then.
Reply Quote
07/02/2012 03:38 PMPosted by BreakerZero
you should write your password

??no
Reply Quote
And let's take a moment to thank everyone who patronizes the gold spammers, thus creating the market for account hacking in the first place. (slow clap)
Reply Quote
Well lets see... have a password of at least 24 characters with numbers and etc. NO WORDS, Nothing you like, nothing you are familiar your with, you should write your password.

Same story every time. This is your own fault - DEAL WITH IT.

Everyone always says "My password was 20310230 characters long." "I have 15 firewalls." "I've never had this happen before." "I've been playing for 10 years and never got hacked." "I never got to any bad website to download any bad things." "I have 47 virus scanners running." "I am a computer science major with a minor in system administration."

Shut up - you got hacked - your fault - get bucked!
Reply Quote
change your password once a month and make sure your passwords arnt the same pass word you use everywhere its your own fault you deserve to be naked
Reply Quote

From my very first network security class. If you write down your password, then you are definitely doing it wrong. Writing down a password leaves you very wide open to social engineering tactics.
Reply Quote
Oh, and get an authenticator, too. If you've got a halfway-modern smartphone, the mobile authenticator is free. Download the app and set your account to request the code every time you log in.
Reply Quote
Uhm, Breaker, no...that's excessive. By the time you're at 14-15 chars you're into millenia of brute force tries to crack if you just toss in a number, mix the case a little, and add some punctuation. Besides, one keylogger you don't find makes your 24 char gibberish written password moot anyway.
Edited by Corvinus#1600 on 7/2/2012 3:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Go here to check your password. Play with it until it's at least rated "Strong."

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security/pc-security/password-checker.aspx
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]