Diablo® III

Account hacked

this is what happens when you download various 3rd party software and/or entering your login information there... 99% when ppl are hacked like you its their own fault..
Reply Quote
Good job with the security Blizzard you guys are just the best.
I log in today and my character is naked, 40M of DH equipement gone + a few millions.

Keep it up Blizzard!

Good job with the blame shifting, bro. Pull out that wallet and fork over $6.50 for your authenticator. It was your fault. You probably knew your account wasn't safe and yet you made this ridiculous thread.

Once again, good job.

If the OP's got an iPhone, Android or Windows 7 phone, they don't even need the $6.50. It's a FREE APP. No excuse at all not to have it.
Reply Quote
Customer Support
Let's keep the responses helpful rather than abusive towards the OP. The compromise experience is a terrible thing to go through and while account security is ultimately up to the user, it doesn't warrant a public lashing.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
NGC
Blizzard actually pioneered a lot of things to keep your account safe - something unprecedented in the world of online gaming. Blaming Blizzard for.. just about everything is a convenience that far too many people abuse in many unnecessary situations.

For those of you recommending strong passwords, that will not always do the trick - a keylogger works very, very differently from cracking a password. I used to use an unintelligible password that I had to keep written down just to log in - and guess what?

I got hacked.

Yep, it was my fault. It wasn't fun. But, Blizzard did a very good job of restoring everything I had, and they did so in a very timely fashion.

But please, I speak from experience... do yourself a favor, and get an authenticator.

Simply changing your password isn't enough! Complicating your password WILL NOT do enough! I can't emphasize this enough! If you've got 40 million worth of gear on that demonhunter, then you should be able to RMAH a few pieces of loot that you get to afford the cost of an authenticator - assuming you cannot afford one and do not have a smartphone.

Good luck to you.
Reply Quote
my account has been hacked, i was playing solo and then the whole game closed down and not allowing me to log back in. when i finally could all my gold, gear and gems worth over 300mill was gone! then i was once again kicked out of the game and unable to log in and then this time they took my AH items and even deleted my lvl60 pargon 54/53 barb and monk! then i see a name on my friends list that i dont even know who it is and its a low lvl character who most prob took my stuff, would put the name on here but not sure if allowed.
ive put in a ticket and its been over 24 hours and still no reply nor help, what can i do? cant even call then or get any help.
ive checked my pc and its all clear, ive been using an authenicator from the start, havent given out my password or anything to anyone.
Reply Quote
my account has been hacked, i was playing solo and then the whole game closed down and not allowing me to log back in. when i finally could all my gold, gear and gems worth over 300mill was gone! then i was once again kicked out of the game and unable to log in and then this time they took my AH items and even deleted my lvl60 pargon 54/53 barb and monk! then i see a name on my friends list that i dont even know who it is and its a low lvl character who most prob took my stuff, would put the name on here but not sure if allowed.
ive put in a ticket and its been over 24 hours and still no reply nor help, what can i do? cant even call then or get any help.
ive checked my pc and its all clear, ive been using an authenicator from the start, havent given out my password or anything to anyone.

This story doesn't make sense. Based on what you described above, your pc wasn't very clear at all. You probably downloaded and ran an exe while logged into the game on your char that allowed somebody to hijack your session. And this probably only happened because you were trying to run a bot or something else exploitative. Otherwise you probably were on skype taking files from somebody you shouldn't trust. Rule of thumb - never run any exe or installer while logged into the game.
Reply Quote
i did not do anything you had said, i did not bot and did not run any exe or installer.. i was in game playing as i normally would, pc was clear as i check it everyday with scans before i play and i do not have anything running in the background while playing as it make my game play slower.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]