So this past few weeks I have been trying out the "Double Tornado" Build for the Barbarian. It is a purely amazing build, and has made me about 30m in 2 weeks. I could play for hours and never get bored, especially in the Fields of Slaughter in Act 3, while destroying the Ballistae.
I used a timer and timed how long it took me to kill each pack of elites, for 20 packs of elites, and then averaged them out to lasting roughly 40 seconds each. Amazing right?
Many of you viewing this post do not know what a "Double Tornado" build is. So I will explain (If you already know how to run a double tornado barbarian, skip below):
First of all, you have to set your skills up like this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#hUPXik!bYZ!ZZcaYc
Using the gearset below, you will follow these steps when approaching a monster/champion pack. This build is best used in big groups, and who doesnt like being able to kill big groups all at once?!
- You will first pull a bunch of monsters, or in Fields of Slaughter, They are already in packs.
- You will then buff your War Cry which will generate 30 fury.
- After you have that 30 fury, you will buff your Battle Rage which will cost 20 fury.
- You are now left with 10 fury. You will then use your Leap to jump on a monster.
- This will generate an additional 15 fury, leaving you with 25 fury.
- You will then use Sprint, and run around the pack in a circular motion, spawning tornadoes behind you due to the rune.
- Due to the rune on your Battle Rage, 15 fury has a chance to be generated for every critical hit your tornadoes hit. With 51% Crit Chance, you crit more often than not, regenerating fury at enormous amounts. You will then start using Whirlwind, as well as right clicking for your sprint to stay up. (Note: If you dont keep your tornadoes up, you will starve of fury. Also, Battle Rage must also always be up, otherwise you will lose fury generation altogether.)
- You will then be doing enormous amounts of damage with Whirlwind, as well as hitting crits with 3-6 tornadoes. And now your cruising, and just dont stop. You will kill the elites amazingly fast. Shielding is a bit tough, but totally manageable.
The Life on Hit on this build finishes it off to make it even more unstoppable, with 2200 Life on Hit, you almost never drop below 50% Health. Think about it, 3-6 Tornadoes along with Whirlwind all attacking at once, thats about 15 hits per second, or 33k life per second!
This build will take some practice, and I recommend starting in Act 1 of Inferno to try it out before you progress to Act 3 and 4.
Still dont Believe me? I have video proof! Check out some of these hot videos of the "Double Tornado" build.
3 Elite Packs in 20 Seconds!
Note: I recommend setting a button to move in the key bindings menu, that way you dont Whirlwind while trying to move.