Diablo® III

If the Templar is a Zakarum guy....

....then why does he look like a pally and not a witch doctor?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
07/03/2012 10:27 AMPosted by avauntzero
....then why does he look like a pally and not a witch doctor?

Zakarum is a faith that has spread all over the world. It has adherents all over, in the kind of Indian/African jungles of Kurast (where the dark skinned Sorceror of the first game was from) and the European-like western kingdoms which includes Westmarch, where the Paladin of D2 was from. Presumably, the paladin either had ancestors from Kurast or was from Kurast himself and sent by the church to Westmarch.

That said I'm actually not 100% sure if the Templar follows Zakarum or not
Edited by Omacron#1477 on 7/3/2012 11:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks =) Good ideas and plausible for sure. I only assume he is Zakarum because it seems to be the only 'good' religion in the game, and I've heard a few other people suggest that he is a Zakarum follower. Ty again.
Edited by avauntzero#1760 on 7/3/2012 10:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
07/03/2012 10:50 AMPosted by avauntzero
Thanks =) Good ideas and plausible for sure. I only assume he is Zakarum because it seems to be the only 'good' religion in the game, and I've heard a few other people suggest that he is a Zakarum follower. Ty again.

Zakarum isn't really a "good" religion.

There's nothing "good" in the world of Sanctuary. You just have to learn to settle for "not trying to eat my flesh and feed on my soul".
Reply Quote
In Book of Cain it's said that an angel visits this guy named Akarat and tells him of this religion about embracing light and resisting evil. Akarat spreads words around Kurast and Kehjistan then mysteriously disappears once word has been spread around enough. It also says that the angel that Akarat saw might not have been an angel but an echo of Uldyssian from his sacrifice in the Sin War.

Zakarum also got tainted by Mephistos influence so there's always that.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
In Book of Cain it's said that an angel visits this guy named Akarat and tells him of this religion about embracing light and resisting evil. Akarat spreads words around Kurast and Kehjistan then mysteriously disappears once word has been spread around enough. It also says that the angel that Akarat saw might not have been an angel but an echo of Uldyssian from his sacrifice in the Sin War.

Zakarum also got tainted by Mephistos influence so there's always that.

The Book of Cain also implies that it may not have been an angel that visited Akarat at all, but he witnessed the explosion of power that Uldyssian, the leader of the Edyrem and one of the few nephalem to emerge after the creation of the worldstone, gave off.

It's interesting because the Archangel that supposedly visited Akarat is nowhere to be seen in the high heavens- Yaerius is not part of the Angiris Council and he's not mentioned by anyone.
Reply Quote
Thanks for all the info guys =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]