Diablo® III

End game solutions?

Can you please give any info about the possibility of adding some end game content, or at least fixing the problems that exist with the current end game content.

I understand people weren't supposed to get so far/so fast, but we have (350 hours played, YIKES).

Act 4 is currently pointless due to the small number of elites and the the drop rates being identical to ACT 3. Act 3 is superior in every way to Act 4, which seems nonsensical to me.....

Maybe you could up the difficulty in Act 4, increase the drop rates, add some elites or allow VALOR to transfer over from ACT 3.
Edited by Slicktorine#1159 on 7/3/2012 12:27 PM PDT
Bump.

I know those of us who have progressed this far are the extreme minority, but it would be nice to hear something, even if it's bad news.
Bash, how is the D3 Hero Site coming along?

When can we browse our D3 accounts WoW Armory style?
Yea a4 really is a letdown in terms of farmability.

I also don't understand why NV can't carry over from one act to another. They want us to play through the game more than farm one thing over and over, but if we play too far we get penalized for it.
Bump.

I know those of us who have progressed this far are the extreme minority, but it would be nice to hear something, even if it's bad news.

Its not like Act 2 is not pointless too with the poor drop quality.

Im probably not alone in not wanting to play a game where the drop chance for a good item is 1 in a million. And it is, considering all the possible combinations on the gear.
Edited by Shaman#2650 on 7/3/2012 12:31 PM PDT
well it is it's job.
View profile
End game content? In Diablo? This is not an MMO. All you're gonna get is PvP, eventually.
Bash, how is the D3 Hero Site coming along?

When can we browse our D3 accounts WoW Armory style?

They gotta find a way to hide game director's offspring's account first, you have any idea how enraged the community is gonna be when they see her decked out in perfect affixed gear, that noone else could dream of...
Bump.

Its not like Act 2 is not pointless too with the poor drop quality.

Im probably not alone in not wanting to play a game where the drop chance for a good item is 1 in a million. And it is, considering all the possible combinations on the gear.

In all honesty, I'm not having to much of an issue with the drop quality. I still get good items, not as good as pre 1.03, but those might have been too good.
Bump.

Don't worry, soon you will be the majority since I am pretty sure most people are over the concept of "I need to be farming in act 3/4"
07/03/2012 12:34 PMPosted by MorriganGrey
End game content? In Diablo? This is not an MMO. All you're gonna get is PvP, eventually.

I think that you're confused on what we mean by "end-game content". It's not a term limited to MMORPGs, there are FPS with end game content.

Also, to think Blizzard doesn't want to give it's player base a reason to continue to play long after they "Beat" the game is foolish. Most of the money generated on the RMAH will come from players at the "end-game" state.
Well, you changed the Title of the thread anyway...... Almost as good as giving us some insight =)
If they're not already in the process of creating some kind of end game right now (and not telling us) then this game will be dead in a matter of months.
Community Manager
We recognize that the item hunt is just not enough for a long-term sustainable end-game. There are still tons of people playing every day and week, and playing a lot, but eventually they're going to run out of stuff to do (if they haven't already). Killing enemies and finding items is a lot of fun, and we think we have a lot of the systems surrounding that right, or at least on the right path with a few corrections and tweaks. But honestly Diablo III is not World of Warcraft. We aren't going to be able to pump out tons of new systems and content every couple months. There needs to be something else that keeps people engaged, and we know it's not there right now.

We're working toward 1.0.4, which we're really trying to pack with as many fixes and changes we can to help you guys out (and we'll have a bunch of articles posted with all the details as we get closer), and we're of course working on 1.1 with PvP arenas. I think both those patches will do a lot to give people things to do, and get them excited about playing, but they're not going to be a real end-game solution, at least not what we would expect out of a proper end-game. We have some ideas for progression systems, but honestly it's a huge feature if we want to try to do it right, and not something we could envision being possible until well after 1.1 which it itself still a ways out.
Edited by Bashiok on 7/3/2012 12:58 PM PDT
We recognize that the item hunt is just not enough for a long-term sustainable end-game. There are still tons of people playing every day and week, and playing a lot, but eventually they're going to run out of stuff to do (if they haven't already). Killing enemies and finding items is a lot of fun, and we think we have a lot of the systems surrounding that right, or at least on the right path with a few corrections and tweaks. But honestly Diablo III is not World of Warcraft. We aren't going to be able to pump out tons of new systems and content every couple months. There needs to be something else that keeps people engaged, and we know it's not there right now.

We're working toward 1.0.4, which we're really trying to pack with as many fixes and changes we can to help you guys out (and we'll have a bunch of articles posted with all the details as we get closer), and we're of course working on 1.1 with PvP arenas. I think both those patches will do a lot to give people things to do, and get them excited about playing, but they're not going to be a real end-game solution, at least not what we would expect out of a proper end-game. We have some ideas for progression systems, but honestly it's a huge feature if we want to try to do it right, and not something we could envision being possible until well after 1.1.

Thank you for that straightforward and informative answer, Bash. ^^
07/03/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Bashiok
We have some ideas for progression systems, but honestly it's a huge feature if we want to try to do it right, and not something we could envision being possible until well after 1.1 which it itself still a ways out.

Can we get a hint? Champion levels maybe, hmmmm? :D
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]