Diablo® III

End game solutions?

If you would stop nerfing the !@#$ out of all the farming spots, because you do not consider it "FUN", people would have stuff to do.
07/03/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Noahhuman
We may be whiny babies

Oh you are. You are.
What bashiok is trying to say is that after two months we will all get bored and quit game. They dont really have an ace in their pocket.
07/03/2012 03:17 PMPosted by RooK
more random events to make even farming feel unique ;x

Remember the potion you get from the statue that you find in Act3 in Diablo2? Little things like that make for "warm and fuzzy" moments.

I guess you either didn't read his entire reply, or didn't understand it.

In the "D" series (Diablo), there is no end game.

This is not WoW or any other game.

Actually, WoW doesn't have a true "end game" either since it continues foreever. Even after you kill the big boss, you keep farming the area and wait for the next expansion.

You could say killing Diablo in Act 4 of inferno is the end game, but it's a big repetition after that. Make new character, go to 60, rinse and repeat.

People who like to PvP, do PvP things (once that is released). If you like PvE, you keep doing PvE things.

You could make a lot of level 60 characters because Blizzard has said previously that they may allow the sale of characters. In that case, you could keep going on and on.

This leads me to my main gripe - if you cannot complete the game (beating all difficulties) with a single character with over +100 hours put in, the game is broken. Sure, in the beginning when there were really OP characters, it was possible, but it is not possible with a barbarian unless you are magically given 100 million gold to buy the gear needed.

This is flawed and needs to be fixed. The most logical solution is to remove the level 60 cap. Then start working on a real skill tree like the Diablo 3 beta had.

If you cant Beat the game in 100 Hours your like most people. But i Agree with how long it takes to be able to, Just need to put more stuff in between to make it worth it and fun the whole time. even if it takes 500 Hours, As long as im having fun, Feel like im steadily progressing and what not Ill keep playing to get to that point.
View profile
We aren't going to be able to pump out tons of new systems and content every couple months.

That's not WoW either.
I'm still excited about this game, with 300+ hours I'm still finding tons of things to do whether it is going for achieves, which are extremely fun, finding loot, or starting a new char I'm just having a blast. So, thank you Blizzard for making such a fun game.

Some things that I would like to see in the future are: patches bringing additional legendary items every year or so, a cooperative meta game in addition to PvP like a survival mode where each successive wave of monsters is tougher than the last.
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 7/3/2012 3:39 PM PDT
WTB Waved survival mode with leaderboards.

Kthx
07/03/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Bashiok
we believed pre-release that the item hunt would be far more sustainable, and would work to be a proper end-game for quite a while. That didn't turn out to be true, and we recognize that.

This is what's so incomprehensible and what is ultimately the core of D3's failure.

It's not that the "item hunting" itself is not sustainable; it is the missing "content" that allures the "item hunt." Players only hunt items to clear the content that is enjoyable and worthwhile. When that content is missing, there is no reason for the players to hunt items.

It sounds like, from Bashiok's quote above, that Blizzard expected players to be continually engaged in the game "for quite a while" for the sole joy of mindless item hunting.

I hope they once and for all understand how fatally arrogant that line of thinking was.
Edited by Ellvor#1431 on 7/3/2012 3:49 PM PDT
Blizzard was my last hope for doing good games :(.

I guess I will learn Japanese. There is still some real developers out there.

100% correct. The whiners whined, they got what they wanted, and kept right on whining.

You don't really think this do you? If you do, think about how many ideas have been given away to blizzactivision for free that they just ignore.
We have some ideas for progression systems, but honestly it's a huge feature if we want to try to do it right, and not something we could envision being possible until well after 1.1 which it itself still a ways out.

Can we get a hint? Champion levels maybe, hmmmm? :D

Add rare random outdoor elite bosses in random map spots of random Acts , they have a chance to drop random ilevel 63 - ilevel 63.5 Legendary items . If you have luck find one of them , please call your friends with good gears .
Edited by Fen007#1279 on 7/3/2012 3:46 PM PDT
This leads me to my main gripe - if you cannot complete the game (beating all difficulties) with a single character with over +100 hours put in, the game is broken. Sure, in the beginning when there were really OP characters, it was possible, but it is not possible with a barbarian unless you are magically given 100 million gold to buy the gear needed.

roflmao.
people have beaten all of inferno on a barb with LESS THAN 500K GOLD. its on youtube with thousands of viewers verifying it. no bosses or champs skipped(though he did cheese some champs that he should have skipped).

if someone can beat the game with 500k worth of trash gear and you cant with 100+ hours of farming the problem is with you the player not being skilled enough, not the game being too hard. some people just arnt made for the hardest difficulties of games
Thanks Bash, it's nice to get such an honest and straightforward answer. Unfortunately it seems as if any progress on this front is going to be several months away from materializing, and even that seems a generous estimate. I can't speak for others, but I'll likely be shelving D3 until plans for a real endgame are worked out.
Solution to end game?

http://www.pathofexile.com/news/2012-06-26/dev-diary-maps

If you can think of anything better, let me know because that ^ looks incredible.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]