Diablo® III

End game solutions?

90 Orc Hunter
Don't know how realistic these short term fixes can be, but my suggestions:

1) Higher Level Cap
2) Get your plans out and made public, people need to know what the state of the game is and it's future intentions, the community is just holding their breath
3) Ladder System quickly, the game in it's current state needs to just be reset. Everyone needs to start on an even playing field. Every successful ARPG has had some sort of ladder system.
4) Hold weekly tournaments, such things as hardcore leveling contests, or speed runs of acts, something to keep people engaged with some cosmetic items and maybe some crafting mats or things like that, nothing gamebreaking.
5) The AH really just needs to be reset with a ladder system too, the economy is probably ruined for a very long time.
Edited by Crono#1269 on 7/3/2012 1:43 PM PDT
07/03/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Bashiok

Can you quantify 'tons' of people playing?

I mean if you are counting the US player base that might mean 7 players if we are using weight ratios here ...

Haha... oh wait, that's mean! I don't know that I'm allowed to release specific concurrency numbers, but we have hundreds upon hundreds of thousands playing every night. Comparing to just normal drop-off post release of a WoW expansion, Diablo III has been very solid, and it's not even out in China yet.

So you're going on record saying that public games only account for 1-2% of ALL games...ALL games, on a nightly basis? Meaning actually LESS than forum users daily? LOL, don't worry Bash apparently a lot of fanbois believed you on that so I'll give you 9/10 trolling. Successful.
basicly im done with D3.... just trying to make my $60 back using RMAH cuz D3 is totally not worth $60..... Blizzard keeps nerfing the game making it more and more difficult to do anything i cant even get a good peice of gear unless i have 30 mil which is totally lame... this game seems like D2's ugly step sister.... and with Guild wars 2 comming out 8-28-12, blizzard has till then to make the game how it's supposed to be.... I Pre-purchased the collectors edition of GW2 and played in all the betas... and it was tottaly worth the 160 dollars i paid for it... and GW2 isnt even out yet... I bought this game thinking it was going to be better than D2 but i was dead wrong.... and unless blizzard changes their ways, I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER BLIZZARD GAME FOR AS LONG AS I LIVE!!!!!.... Even Might&Magic Heroes 6 is better than this game, even H6 has some major issues but the game is alot more fun than D3.... cant w8 for the new town screens update for H6 here in another week or two!

and i really hope that 1 of the blues reads this...
Still waiting on a answer to my question regarding Item rolls. Can a item duplicate on the server? IE. Can you have 2 helms with the exact same stats and sockets?
Bashiok, thank you for the candid response.
We recognize that the item hunt is just not enough for a long-term sustainable end-game. There are still tons of people playing every day and week, and playing a lot, but eventually they're going to run out of stuff to do (if they haven't already). Killing enemies and finding items is a lot of fun, and we think we have a lot of the systems surrounding that right, or at least on the right path with a few corrections and tweaks. But honestly Diablo III is not World of Warcraft. We aren't going to be able to pump out tons of new systems and content every couple months. There needs to be something else that keeps people engaged, and we know it's not there right now.

We're working toward 1.0.4, which we're really trying to pack with as many fixes and changes we can to help you guys out (and we'll have a bunch of articles posted with all the details as we get closer), and we're of course working on 1.1 with PvP arenas. I think both those patches will do a lot to give people things to do, and get them excited about playing, but they're not going to be a real end-game solution, at least not what we would expect out of a proper end-game. We have some ideas for progression systems, but honestly it's a huge feature if we want to try to do it right, and not something we could envision being possible until well after 1.1 which it itself still a ways out.

how long did it take you all to realize that Primary stat+vit+resist all + what hasnt been nerfed this week isn't enough to sustain the item hunt?
After reaching level 60 and defeating Inferno you have absolutely no incentive to play except the item find. In D2 you beat Hell Diablo around 60 and then still had 39 more levels to gain. After level 80 those levels took hours to gain, and after level 90 days, That's assuming you were constantly running cows or baal runs and not dying. For most people, after level 80 you saw a level every couple days, and it would be a week or more after 90.
We recognize that the item hunt is just not enough for a long-term sustainable end-game. There are still tons of people playing every day and week, and playing a lot, but eventually they're going to run out of stuff to do (if they haven't already). Killing enemies and finding items is a lot of fun, and we think we have a lot of the systems surrounding that right, or at least on the right path with a few corrections and tweaks. But honestly Diablo III is not World of Warcraft. We aren't going to be able to pump out tons of new systems and content every couple months. There needs to be something else that keeps people engaged, and we know it's not there right now.

We're working toward 1.0.4, which we're really trying to pack with as many fixes and changes we can to help you guys out (and we'll have a bunch of articles posted with all the details as we get closer), and we're of course working on 1.1 with PvP arenas. I think both those patches will do a lot to give people things to do, and get them excited about playing, but they're not going to be a real end-game solution, at least not what we would expect out of a proper end-game. We have some ideas for progression systems, but honestly it's a huge feature if we want to try to do it right, and not something we could envision being possible until well after 1.1 which it itself still a ways out.

Unfortunately at the rate its going There might not be anyone left for awhile... Not going to spout the world is ending. I know you guys are trying hard to fix mistakes.. Or even the Oh man we Really should have did that.. I wish u guys the best of luck trying to fix this game... ITs going to be one Heck of a uphill battle from here.
I made another thread with this suggestion but I think that it fits in here too. I think this would add to the end game experience.

http://disgaea.wikia.com/wiki/Item_World

For fans of the disgaea series the item world is a fun 30/60/100 stage dungeon to improve on weapons and gear that are found through normal gameplay. The items in the disgaea series all have level and all items that are found and bought start at level 0. As the player goes deeper into the item the level of the item increases (1 stage cleared = 1 level increase) and the stats on the items increase as well. I would like to see something like this implemented into the game as it not only allows us to just step into a dungeon and kill a bunch of mobs and when done proceed to the next stage (Diablo 1) but also be able to improve our favorite items in the process and not have to rely on finding gear on the AH to buy for upgrades. We can just get lv 59 magic/rares, hop in the item world and maxing the items out, and then beat the "normal game".

It could be set up so that white items get 30 levels, magic get 60, and rares get 100. Once you get to level 61+ on an item of ilvl 63 then higher ilvl items start to drop so that we have even more re-playability.
Ladder would only benefit RMAH, though a lot of ragequits in the meantime. Ladder would need to be on a specific and predictable schedule for people to trust it enough to buy stuff.

Imagine people paying 250 for a week one 1100 damage 2 hander... Then later paying another 250 for a 1100 1-hander, 2 months before ladder expires and blizz does it all again.

Imagine how happy a real government would be if they could just stamp out all tax exempt wealth every 6 months, requiring a trend toward high level commerce instead of constantly trending down... That is what ladder does.
Thanks for a real answer Bashiok. At least you guys admit the shortcomings. I'm sure there was pressure to get this game released when it was and Blizz didn't have time to get all the features in they'd like. "When it's done" seems to apply to only Valve and indie devs any more. Even the mighty Blizzard gets mega pressure from the top levels to get it out ASAP. I blame Bobby.
90 Orc Hunter
07/03/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Jinrah
After reaching level 60 and defeating Inferno you have absolutely no incentive to play except the item find. In D2 you beat Hell Diablo around 60 and then still had 39 more levels to gain. After level 80 those levels took hours to gain, and after level 90 days, That's assuming you were constantly running cows or baal runs and not dying. For most people, after level 80 you saw a level every couple days, and it would be a week or more after 90.

This also had people playing for a very long time lol, it was just so much fun to see how powerful you could become, and there is nothing wrong with being powerful. That is what ARPG's are all about, discovery, mystery, and testing the limits of the game!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]