Diablo® III

Lag Lag Lag and Rubberbanding Rubberbanding

What the hell happened man? Isn't server maintenance supposed to be fixing these kind of latency issues? It is so freaking lag that its unplayable!!!!!!! The bar is green but the lag and rubberbanding is absolutely horrible. Horrible, horrible, horrible!!

I am able to play other online games with NO LAG, LAG SPIKE, DISCONNECTIONS, and RUBBERBANDING, but when I enter Diablo 3. It is just a freaking absolutely HORRIBLE!!
Reply Quote
Blizzard, please fix this. The lag and rubberbanding is totally unacceptable and horrifying. I don't even dare to run out to kill some elites because of the ridiculously expensive repair costs and horrifying rubberbanding. It's not fun being thrown back onto a desecrator when the elite has no vortex affix.

Fix this please.
Reply Quote
fix please !!!
Reply Quote
Hello,

Can you try checking through the following article and test the steps there:
http//eu.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-connection-troubleshooting

This is what the clowns at blizz have to say, its our fault.
Reply Quote
Hello,

Can you try checking through the following article and test the steps there:
http//eu.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-connection-troubleshooting

This is what the clowns at blizz have to say, its our fault.

Yea, the issue is not on our side JERKS!
Reply Quote
this is ridiculous , i just got that game and im about to throw it. i get lag spike so !@#$ing high that i think im playing on a 56k modem while being connected to a server in mongolia.

fix the issue!
Reply Quote
I also confirm the issue of extreme latency, I am consistently getting 400+ ping + occasional huge spikes (800 - 1000ms) and this happened after the latest patch, the game was running fine before that (It is also worth mentioning that all other online games e.g Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Battlefield 3 etc are working flawlessly on my connection). I am getting tired of this always online experience in D3, a person cannot even play this with peace and enjoyment. Seriously disappointed by your development steps Blizzard.

I just unlocked nightmare difficulty on my second char and already feeling frustrated because of issues we face daily. Pathetic !!!
Reply Quote
It lag like there is no tomorrow. Other online games are fine. Please fix it i just wanna play.
Reply Quote
Ok I checked something, my traceroute disconnects at servers with name telia.net. And then it consistently time out after that. It is something I cannot fix. You have to check that out Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Join a group with 3 other players, play a bit and get a major rubberband/lag spikes during the game and confirm all other players got the same issues at the same time, then contact Blizzard and get told the issue is on your end.

This actully happens.

They really need to admit there is an issue with the servers (just like they need to admit there is a loading assest issue in the game code) as rubberbanding is getting beyond a joke.
Edited by Ziggy#2907 on 7/7/2012 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I had opened a ticket for this. guess what support told me. It was the internet! They wont admit that they have an issue and are blaming there customers!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Yeah this lag is unbearable and you even get disconnected from it, like I did 2 minutes ago. Blizzard is worth multi-billions of dollars and they give us the crappiest servers and the worst gameplay experience, congrats blizz!

P.S. The whole point of D3 to Blizzard's view honestly was because of the RMAH, especially since WoW is going downhill and will soon not be the cash cow anymore.
Edited by HellKnight#1307 on 7/7/2012 10:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Absolutely absolutely horrible.
My skills sometimes take up to three seconds to work, that lag is just coming and going completely random. it's totally unplayable! i keep dying from aoe stuff on the ground because by the time the hamster-wheel powered servers figure out that i keep telling my champ to move away i'm dead.
This is so damn pathetic, every single other game I have plays without lag, i have a 20mbit connection, my firewall is obviously not the problem since other blizzard games work (starcraft 2 and WoW) and I have no other program running other than that pathetic excuse for a game.
I really really like the gameplay but it's just simply unplayable.

Stop denying the fact that it's YOUR fault blizz. the forums are full of people complaining about the exact same issue.
Reply Quote
Absolutely absolutely horrible.
My skills sometimes take up to three seconds to work, that lag is just coming and going completely random. it's totally unplayable! i keep dying from aoe stuff on the ground because by the time the hamster-wheel powered servers figure out that i keep telling my champ to move away i'm dead.
This is so damn pathetic, every single other game I have plays without lag, i have a 20mbit connection, my firewall is obviously not the problem since other blizzard games work (starcraft 2 and WoW) and I have no other program running other than that pathetic excuse for a game.
I really really like the gameplay but it's just simply unplayable.

Stop denying the fact that it's YOUR fault blizz. the forums are full of people complaining about the exact same issue.

Exactly! I now understand why Korean gamers asked for refund. The game is simply unplayable under these circumstances, even character animations don't complete properly because of high latency, seriously a failed game. The entire pathetic always online DRM is unacceptable. Your promise to provide a better service via battle.net failed Blizz, I bought this game with my hard earned money and I want to play it RIGHT NOW ! NO MATTER WHAT EXCUSE YOU HAVE FOR YOUR SERVICE.... Make the always online requirement for PvP, Coop and Auction House only and leave single player offline for GOD SAKE ! we just want to play a game which we bought, are we asking too much ?

USELESS SERVICE !
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I also confirm the issue of extreme latency, I am consistently getting 400+ ping + occasional huge spikes (800 - 1000ms) and this happened after the latest patch, the game was running fine before that (It is also worth mentioning that all other online games e.g Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Battlefield 3 etc are working flawlessly on my connection). I am getting tired of this always online experience in D3, a person cannot even play this with peace and enjoyment. Seriously disappointed by your development steps Blizzard.

I just unlocked nightmare difficulty on my second char and already feeling frustrated because of issues we face daily. Pathetic !!!

Try playing like that with 5 level 60 characters. I finally had to quit playing because my blood pressure was getting too high from getting pissed off...
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
It looks like we'll have some more tweaks for rubberbanding in our upcoming 1.03b patch. Assuming they make it into the patch they'll hopefully provide some relief.
Reply Quote
delete
Edited by outlaw#1941 on 1/31/2014 2:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
07/07/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Kaltonis
It looks like we'll have some more tweaks for rubberbanding in our upcoming 1.03b patch. Assuming they make it into the patch they'll hopefully provide some relief.

good lord i hope so
despite all the negative sentiment i keep reading, I actually enjoy the game a great deal
and since 1.03 it has been an inconsistent mess, and i'm tired of fiddling with settings and prefs etc when it clearly appears to be an issue with coding or blizzard's own servers
Reply Quote

Any updates on the stuttering being fixed?

The issue of stuttering is somewhat related to latency. Even if your machine exceed maximum requirements of game, you are likely to face stuttering if your ping/latency is high. The client never completes the animation of running, attack, skill if it does not get reply from server quickly and we feel that it is stuttering. For example The seven-sided strike animation of monk is quiet long but if your latency is high, you will see only two strikes being made by your monk, rest of the strikes will execute but you won't see them. In other words the client will skip the animation and we feel stuttering. If they only focus on making their service more stable/better for everyone then we won't have any objection or just simply remove always online requirement from single player if they can't make it any better (I know many will say this is impossible but I will still say that I am against this always online requirement and I think no player likes the idea). Is there any shortage of MMOs that now we also see always online system in single player games ?

@Kaltonis

Though I appreciate an official answer, I am quitting Diablo 3 for now. At this moment it is safe to say that I am totally disappointed from your service, such an epic game and such poor service ? I ran battlefield 3 today and I was surprised to see that I was consistently getting 120 - 150 ping and as I mentioned in my previous post it is an indication that there is not wrong with my connection. I played around 7 - 8 matches on like 3 different servers and I didn't exceeded 200 ping so for the moment I am going to play other games which I can actually enjoy.

@Leiahona

I understand your frustration. Today I joined with a friend just for checking and we were only roaming the tristam area (not even fighting loads of mobs) and our latency bar dropped to red level (653 or so). Even selling to merchant is taking like 1 second delay before the item gets disappeared. That is why I am also quitting, I can't play like that...
Edited by BrutalAce#1976 on 7/7/2012 4:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]