Diablo® III

Diablo 3 icon pinned to taskbar

I just got done playing a little and closed out of the game. Now I look down at my taskbar and the icon is pinned to it. I don't want that there and it won't go away. I am unable to remove it like other icons (right click and click unpin from taskbar).

I'm running windows 7 for reference.

Anyone know why this is?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I3enit, if Diablo III is pinned to your Start Menu, try unpinning it from there, and it should unpin from the Taskbar as well.
Reply Quote
No just no...It's not pinned to my startbar and when I do click on it it opens up a new window so there are two icons on the taskbar
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
would like to know if there's any further answer here- i have the same problem. windows 7 on a brand new (and completely updated) machine. Diablo 3 downloaded day before yesterday, and did standard install, etc. have played the game but not tinkered with ANY of the settings, etc.

the "D" icon is stuck on my taskbar- was not pinned there, nor to my start menu. right clicking does absolutely nothing- not even a dropdown of any kind. left clicking starts the game, and puts *another* icon on the taskbar, which closes when i close the game. pinning/unpinning this second button works as usual.

looking up on the net to find the folder for the taskbar items gave me this route-

C:\Users\(User-Name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

to hidden folders. got to the user pinned folder and looked in all of the options there- nothing for diablo in the taskbar or start menu folders. Howver, in the "ImplicitAppShortcuts" folder, there was a folder named b15f30ab853b7d31 with a diablo shortcut in it. deleting this did NOT remove the taskbar icon.

so. still have the icon. there's no sign of it in the place where it would seem to HAVE to be located in order to show up on the taskbar. does anyone have any ideas? i like the game, but seriously- not enough to have it permapinned.
:) tyfyt!
~T
Reply Quote
This worked for me:
http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-support/80660-failure-unpin-taskbar-related-diablo-3-a.html#post262191

1) Click Start button and search "Diablo III"
2) Right click the program and click 'Open File Location'
3) Delete the "Diablo III Launcher"
4) Run the pinned Diablo III on your taskbar
5) Click the Delete option
6) Go to your recycle bin and restore your launcher
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Its also important to note that using Thalassicus's solution supposes that you have the icon in the same location as when it was originally put on your taskbar. (e.g.-I dragged mine onto the taskbar from the desktop then put it in a folder. I was only able to use the above solution when the source program was taken out of the folder and put back onto the desktop)
Reply Quote
Thalassicus fix did not work for my issue. It deleted the shortcut that was on the desktop not the pinned one to my taskbar. I did have D3 pinned to my taskbar before and had removed it but this current one will not go away. I'm going to look into this a bit more
Reply Quote
This worked for me:
http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-support/80660-failure-unpin-taskbar-related-diablo-3-a.html#post262191

:O thx
Reply Quote
I just right clicked the shortcut i had (also had pinned to taskbar) and under the right click options for the shortcut it also had unpin from taskbar as an option so i clicked it a few times and the pinned icon went away (not the shortcut).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Awesome, thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This worked for me:

Thanks that helped me get rid of it.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Hunter
That worked, thank you very much!
Reply Quote
This worked for me:

AMAGAWD ILU <3
Reply Quote
1) Click Start
2) Click All Programs
3) Click Diablo 3 folder
4) Right click on Diablo 3 exe and click "Unpin from Taskbar"

No need to delete the Launcher :)
Reply Quote
88 Gnome Mage
Woot fixed it!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]