Diablo® III

Email Scam from "noreply@battle.com"

Just wanted to let people be aware of this particular scam, but also I'd like to know how they managed to get my email associated with battle.net when I have not signed up to anything in relation to battle.net with that particular account (also, not even close to my IP address). Anyway, here it is...

From "noreply@battle.com"

Dear customer,

This is an automated notification sent from our account security system. You logined your account successfully at 4:27 on June 30th form the 125.87.108.* range, but our system shows the 125.10.151.* IP range exists a large number of hackers. As too many customer complaints, the 125.98.104.* IP range has been blacklisted.

We are concerned about whether your account has been stolen. In order to guarantee the legitimacy of your account, visit click:
LINK TAKEN OUT

website fill out some information to facilitate our investigation.

Account security is solely the responsibility of the accountholder. Please be advised that in the event of a compromised account, Blizzard representatives will typically lock the account. In these cases the Account Administration team will require faxed receipt of ID materials before releasing the account for play.

Sincerely,
Blizzard account system
Blizzard Entertainment

So yeah, take care.

EDIT: Took link out.
Edited by DeadestKex#6263 on 7/5/2012 4:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
lol at "logined"
Reply Quote
Sure, just did that.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warlock
Go one today, they just shotgun these emails actually and HOPE.

Didnt open it, ended up in spam folder so I researched saw it was from battle.com and thought it very strange.

Deleted now.

You know, if they had a guy that could actually speak English, it would help their crimes vastly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
If I opened one is that bad ? I ran a scan just in case. But didn't click on any links. It was in my junk mail folder, so yeah. I thought it was real at first, then noticed it read "Battle.COM" and then remembered how it is "Battle.NET" officially.
Reply Quote
you LOGINED!
Reply Quote
I feel so left out on these scams :(
Reply Quote
16 Blood Elf Rogue
I found the same email in the spam folder.

Not only I logined, I must also visit click!
Reply Quote
lol wow learn english before u write scam emails to english customers... just wow, reminds me of nigreian scammers on ebay...

lol i had to respell NIGREIAN for it to not block it out
Edited by bmwiley#1898 on 7/17/2012 11:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Nope never got one of those. But I do get the ones claiming some dude in Africa has 550 million dollars for me. I get those all the time. Or the one claiming I'm under investigation from interpol.

Or how about that one that tells me my cell phone bill is over due. Ha, delete, oh that's legit. NM.
Edited by FeralGamer#1790 on 7/17/2012 11:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hobbs!! same here. I keep getting those stupid texts. I was wondering how they got my number.
Edited by FeralGamer#1790 on 7/17/2012 11:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I better logined and check my stuff!
Reply Quote
lol My blizzard emails always have a shield next to it Indicating its trusted, Any from Blizzard that don't have that are definite scams and deleted to my spam folder automatically.
This system has not failed me yet But i still check the address of the page and sender before logging in.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]