Diablo® III

Post your SMS protect complaints here.

86 Blood Elf Warlock
Why the hate on the ones who can't get a cell :<
Reply Quote
Why the hate on the ones who can't get a cell :<

Good question... why does Blizzard hate people that don't use cell phones provided by one of their business partners?
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Not to be negative, but I'm pretty sure SMS protect was added for the sole reason to discourage cashing out.
Reply Quote
07/09/2012 11:11 PMPosted by Solenis
Not to be negative, but I'm pretty sure SMS protect was added for the sole reason to discourage cashing out.

I think this too. It's the only thing that makes sense. Any other reason has holes you can sail a ship through.
Reply Quote
Time to comply with customer service and continue to post about this SMS crap.
Reply Quote
There were endless threads on this topic when they revealed this information just before release.

Blizzard didn't respond then, and didn't really seem to care about it, which is too bad. I'd use the RMAH, but my provider isn't supported.

I lose, Blizzard loses, everyone loses.
Edited by Hugz#1749 on 7/12/2012 1:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Bumpity, bump
Reply Quote
Time to keep this puppy alive.
Reply Quote
you know whats odd, they never use other than your first sale. As far as I know. Hope I am not breaking a policy for saying that but, its like authenticator, it bugs you one time then never. well on the AH anyway, Auth gets me if I log into bnet but not to log in game. I got one sms for posing my first sale, since then nothing.
Reply Quote
This still upsets me.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I've been using Virgin Mobile for years, got a steady plan with unlimited data/txt. As it stands, I have 5 bucks in my RMAH that I'd like to send to paypal, but as it stands, I can't because of this stupid thing.

EXPLAIN BLIZZARD! GIVE US AN ANSWER ALLREADY!
Reply Quote
Refuse to buy a cell phone just to use the RMAH. Sad that they still have not come up with an alternative (heck, if they want my first born they can have him! LOL).
Reply Quote
The SMS requirement is to protect them, not you. The reason Virgin isn't accepted into SMS is that they don't do the background check required. The alternative to SMS would be to have Blizzard carry out the background check themselves... not going to happen.
Reply Quote
I've been using Virgin Mobile for years, got a steady plan with unlimited data/txt. As it stands, I have 5 bucks in my RMAH that I'd like to send to paypal, but as it stands, I can't because of this stupid thing.

EXPLAIN BLIZZARD! GIVE US AN ANSWER ALLREADY!

You can't "send" your account balance to paypal even with the plan.
Reply Quote
bump. Reply already blizzard!!!!! I along with many others have stopped playing this game because of the sms requirement to cash out with paypal. Before the sms requirement news came out i was motivated to play and get end game gear to sell on the rmah to make some money but since i can't use the rmah since i have no cell phone i have no reason at all to play now. rmah is the whole reason i bought the game in the first place, it never said sms was a requirement at all on release day.

"
Edited by Zod#1369 on 7/23/2012 4:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
its a shame that sms is the only way to verify these blizzard. give us another option please.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]