Diablo® III

AMD Radeon HD 7000 series- can they run d3?

Hi. I am about to purchase a new laptop as my current one can't play diablo 3. I am trying to work out which one would be better or capable of running diablo 3. One has an Intel HD Graphics 3000 whilst the other has an AMD Radeon HD 7340. The Intel is on the low performance list but none of the Radeon HD 7000 series are on any of the supported or unsupported lists. Basically i am trying to find out which one would be the better buy, as if i buy one and it cant play diablo i may have to give up :( below will be the specs of the laptops if any of you tech savvy people could please help me.

Acer Aspire AS5733Z Notebook:
PC Graphics- Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 128MB of dedicated system memory, supporting Microsoft DirectX 10.1

Memory 2GB DDR3 1066 Memory (1 Dimm x 2GB)

Processor- Intel Pentium Dual Core P6200
Processor Cache- 3MB L3 Cache
Processor Speed- 2.13 GHz

Hard Drive Size 500GB

or

Toshiba Satellite C850/010 Notebook

PC Graphics- Radeon HD 7340

Expandable Memory Up to 16GB
Hard Drive Size- 320GB
Hard Drive Speed- 5400rpm
Memory- 4GB DDR3

Processor - AMD
Processor Bus- 1333MHz
Processor Cache- 1MB
Processor Speed- 1.7GHz

Thanks a lot and i would really appreciate if people could help me :)
Reply Quote
To be honest both of those setups are pretty horrible. If I can get some more info on what your budget is and if you absolutely need a laptop or if a desktop is alright to look into, it would help me figure out what computer would be a decent fit for you.
Edited by Thuron88#1568 on 7/3/2012 11:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks :) to be honest my budget isn't great about $500 and i would prefer it to be a laptop but i wouldn't mind a desktop. Basically i'm not after the best just what could run diablo well enough :)
Reply Quote
You can get much much better machine if you go for a desktop.You could even run it in max graphics if you already have monitor+mouse+etc.(that will save some money for better parts)
Edited by ArcDrive#2760 on 7/4/2012 12:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ah k. I should be fine with monitor mouse etc but could you please tell me where i could find decent PCs for around my budget? And what sort of stuff i should be looking for?
Reply Quote
Like Arc stated if you happen to have the monitor and mouse/kb you can put the rest of the money towards a decent desktop. If you don't have those your best bet would to probably be the best package deal you can find at Wal-mart or other department store and upgrading the graphics card etc. I got my brother a decent $450 acer about 3 months ago and just added a cheap 6570 hd card ($70 with tax on newegg) and it runs diablo perfectly fine.
Reply Quote
Newegg or tigerdirect are pretty decent for looking at what you need. I did some quick looking on newegg myself for you and even though it's a little over your budget and not top of the line it will run diablo for you just fine. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229285
Reply Quote
Thanks for the help Thuron88 :) I see what you guys mean about how you can get a better machine by going to a pc. Only problem is that i live in Australia, so would you happen to know any sites that ship internationally or any local ones?
Reply Quote
hi buddy, im sure many have suggested above me (didnt read..)
but i would HIGHLY recommend not getting a laptop to play d3..
just get a desktop, doesnt have to be powerful.
Here is a list of supported and unsupported cards for d3

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/D3supportedvideo
Reply Quote
i just read your bottom post Sacredfyre, im from aus too, melbourne :)
I get most of my computer stuff from a nice place called CPL.
I think it stands for computer parts land :)
Most nerds will know of it :D

If you know what your doing, you can get ultra cheap parts, otherwise,
they have packages that are also very cheap.
You could probably get a full setup sold as a kit to run d3 on max settings
for about $350 to $400.
May aswell spend 500-600 and get a couple of luxuries ;)
I got a computer for a friend just 2 weeks ago from there, and hes playing d3 on it
just fine. (payed about 500)

Im not sure the cheaper packs come with mouse keybourd monitor.
But you could pick them up there also for dirt cheap :)

Goodluck hope that helps!

EDIT : ps, they have a website so you can easily compare prices!
Edited by DrFunk#6146 on 7/4/2012 1:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Try this site mate, will give you a feel for what kinda prices your lookin at.

http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/build.php
Reply Quote
You're welcome sacredfyre as for international stores i am not to sure but seeing as how thc1138 found you a nice one there in Australia and Drfunk is from there I would recommend taking their advice on the stores they listed. If you have anymore computer questions though feel free to ask or add me as friend on battle.net and ask if i'm not on the forums.
Reply Quote
http://aldi.medion.com/md8365/au/?refPage=medion

http://aldi.medion.com/md8365/au/_movie/movie.php?refPage=movie

There's all you need. 499 Australlian dollars.
Includes 2 years of factory warranty. ;)

I'm a huge fan of Medion, great support, quick delivery and superb performance for a low price.
Edited by Eagle#2703 on 7/4/2012 6:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]