Diablo® III

Stop saying PvP will be "Pay to win"

I have over 350 hours played. I've yet to seen a 900+ dps weapon with any decent stats.

I've yet to see an ilvl 63 piece with proper stats.

Don't tell me that those of us that grind vs those that pay for gear, are on equal standing. It's simply not the case.

Of course. He paid money in the RMAh and that is the reason he won against me in this situation.
He paid and he won
Pay to win

If I earn my gear hard by myself and some other guy buys it for 500 and defeats me, guess what, he paid to win.

This is exactly whats wrong with games these days, gamers are a bunch of whiners, you lose and you immediately blame everything other than yourself.

Typical WoW players who don't understand how item levels work in a diablo game. Lol you think everything thats higher level should be better with a stupid linear stat progression, go back to WoW please.

Way to miss the point. You said it isn't pay to win, while the game clearly is. The guy with the most cash has the bigges advantage since he can buy any gear he wants.
90 Orc Warrior
Or, you know, you could just suck. Whats gonna happen when Player A loses to Player B? Is player A going to admit he made mistakes, could have done x y or z to have made a difference, or will he simply assume Player B "paid to win"?

I can see it now, anyone who wins will instantly be p2w, and losers will be the poor little guy who can't afford to spend money on gear.

I for one, am looking forward to wrecking guys that have spend hundreds on the RMAH with my GAH and looted items.
The entire game is P2W.

Players farm to sell good sh!t that they can't use to obtain enough gold to afford the good sh!t they want.

There are hardly any redeeming factors in farming besides getting more AH commodities.

In other words, it is rare that someone will run Inferno to look for stuff they can use.
It is pay 2 win. But I'm still going to beat the !@#$ out of everyone who goes against me in the arena.
The only matchmaking I trust this company to do anymore is matching your money with their bank accounts.
Or, you know, you could just suck. Whats gonna happen when Player A loses to Player B? Is player A going to admit he made mistakes, could have done x y or z to have made a difference, or will he simply assume Player B "paid to win"?

I can see it now, anyone who wins will instantly be p2w, and losers will be the poor little guy who can't afford to spend money on gear.

I for one, am looking forward to wrecking guys that have spend hundreds on the RMAH with my GAH and looted items.

That's gonna be difficult since nothing in the game is skill based, only gear based. Have fun with that.
07/09/2012 10:43 AMPosted by obscura
you think blizzard wouldn't think of that?

... Yes.
07/09/2012 10:10 AMPosted by obscura
Stop spreading this misinformation. Blizzard has said multiple times, THERE WILL BE MATCHMAKING BASED ON YOUR GEAR.

So the classes are equally balanced already when buck-naked? No, No, No. Surely you have played this game and know thats not right?

Sounds like you need gear to even things out. So Blizzard is going to let you all get some "amount" of gear, based on what? In-game cost; ie what you get when you sell a piece to the vendor? You dont think THAT value has any bearing on the value in-game do you?

Blizzard has given no simple way to objectively evaluate any set of gear versus another that makes "there will be matchmaking based on your gear" have ANY meaning across the same class, let alone among different classes.

The man with the best 6 random affixes on his items, at whatever "value" they choose for the bracket will tend to win. You KNOW what it takes to get good affixes; one heck of a lot of luck in farming, or money. 99% of the time, its money.

Your characters survivability in this game is based on 80% GEAR, 15% on intelligent skill selection, and 5% on playing the tactics that complement those previous items. Given the above, thats PAY TO WIN.
I DONT WANT TO LIVE ON THIS PLANET ANYMORE
lol trust blizzard???
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]