Diablo® III

Is it REALLY so hard to add ACTION BAR LOCK??

(Locked)

Hey blue,

We all know it's an issue. There's no action bar lock. I just now accidentally drug an ability off my bar while chasing a treasure goblin. Long story short, lost my 5 stack, goblin dropped nothing, rest of the run ruined.

You've said you're going to fix it.

It's been weeks and you just put out another patch and it's STILL NOT INTEGRATED???

I've been a .net programmer for 16 years and I can't imagine any way it would take more than 30 work hours to integrate this option.

What's going on???
Edited by qqeyes#1825 on 7/10/2012 11:47 AM PDT
I haven't tested this yet... but if you are playing with Elective Mode ON... spec your skills how you want. Go into options, and turn Elective Mode OFF. This will lock your current spec so that you can't drag your skills accidentally.
^

works.

Don't be a noob, you can lock your bar already.
Hey blue,

We all know it's an issue. There's no action bar lock. I just now accidentally drug an ability off my bar while chasing a treasure goblin. Long story short, lost my 5 stack, goblin dropped nothing, rest of the run ruined.

You've said you're going to fix it.

It's been weeks and you just put out another patch and it's STILL NOT INTEGRATED???

I've been a .net programmer for 16 years and I can't imagine any way it would take more than 30 work hours to integrate this option.

What's going on???

As others have said you can already do this. So basically your whine just makes you look ignorant.

Also, lol @ .net programming. Learn a real language please.
Edited by Castyn#1505 on 7/10/2012 11:54 AM PDT
Bigger fish need frying. Since there is the Elective Mode workaround, it simply isn't a priority. That's my assumption, anyhow.
+1

I dont even see the point why it is draggable.

+10

I really hate this too when I accidentially dragged an ability while I was running away from Elite and lose all my hard work and buff.
Community Manager
We agree that it can be frustrating to accidentally swap your skills in combat (especially if it causes you to lose an NV stack), so we're planning to add in an action bar lock for Elective Mode in an upcoming patch. Right now, we're looking at patch 1.0.4.

In the meantime, as other players have suggested, you can enable Elective Mode, select all of your skills according to the build you want, and then disable Elective Mode. This will temporarily lock your action bar. After that, you can still make changes to your skills by opening up the Skill UI, but if you want to drag-and-drop your skills or make combinations that aren't available normally, you'll need to re-enable Elective Mode.
Edited by Lylirra on 7/10/2012 12:02 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]