Diablo® III

dual wield attack speed broken

Since 1.0.3 the attack speed for dual wielding monks is broken ( i guess only if different type weapons are equipped.. haven`t tested for same kind of weapons). My attack speed is 1.82. From time to time it (randomly?) drops to 1.53 and i have to unequip offhand and equip it back again so i get to my normal attack speed. I haven`t really tested this but i guess it might occur when enchantress reapplies speed aura.
It is really annoying cuz pressing "i" and details to check if attack speed hasn`t randomly dropped isn`t one of the things you want to be doing when fighting mobs ( especially elite ones).
I find worth mentioning that my attack speed when I have only my main hand equipped is 1.61, which is higher than the value i have after one of the "random drops in attack speed".
Reply Quote
mine is doing the same thing...dropping from 1.73 to 1.55 or somewhere around that area. Unequipping and reequipping seems to fix but this is obviously a bug. Seems to depend on which weapon i place in first and which hand it goes in. Hopefully this will be fixed soon
Reply Quote
oh and i'm playing with a barbarian...so it seems it is not just one class
Reply Quote
Bump.
Its whenever I die or even join game sometimes.

I always keep my faster weapon on my main hand and slower weapon on the other. It seems when I die my attack speed is lowered to the amount vice versa'd. I switch my weapons around the attack speed stays the same and then i switch my weapons around again and its back at the higher amount.
I would just like to know someone acknowledges this glitch because its even happened in 1.04
Reply Quote
same problem doesn't necessarily happen only when i dual wield, happened when using shield and regular sword(1.40 attack speed). dropped from base 1.40 attack speed down to 1.00

Posts i made about it on general forum

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6935296087#1

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6933306448#1
Edited by REDRUM13#1762 on 10/23/2012 2:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am a ranged barb.....I dont think I need to tell you how stupid this is. My atk is always different....base is 1.96 with the faster weapon in main hand(1.40) and drops down to 1.6. Whats funn though, when I put slower weap in main hand(1.20) my base is 1.78, but then jumps up to 2.08....

This leads me to the thought the glitch is in the attacks from main hand and off hand, and not in the "atk speed increased by" or "increase atk speed by" titles....or it is both and its just completely screweed. Although only recently did this start happening to me after I got a new axe, but now its so noticeable and anyoying I have to fight the urges to stop playing. Please just fix it already.

I can understand trying to make main and off hand attacks differ in atk speed, but if it can't be done responsibly......com'on. Axe throws should always have same atk speed regardless though, and this is curently not the case

At least acknowledge the bug, thats the least you could do...outside of fixing a glaring issue of course

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sudistic-1405/hero/3977120
Reply Quote
Think I might of figured this out.

Looks like both weapons attack at their own rate individually plus the 15% dual wield boost. I left the inventory details open while attacking a mob and saw that for each hit the attack speed would alternate between each weapons attack speed.

So the last hit when you quit attacking is probably the one that is displayed.
Reply Quote
Think I might of figured this out.

Looks like both weapons attack at their own rate individually plus the 15% dual wield boost. I left the inventory details open while attacking a mob and saw that for each hit the attack speed would alternate between each weapons attack speed.

So the last hit when you quit attacking is probably the one that is displayed.

This is exactly how dual wielding works. It's a game mechanic that your dual wield attacks alternate weapons... otherwise what's the point of having an offhand besides stats? Note: Some special abilities only use main hand damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]