Diablo® III

Dropping Gear @ Azmodan/Items Disappear

90 Worgen Rogue
Good day,

I lost a whole set of gear when attempting to do the New Hero's Clothes achievement for Azmodan in Act III. When he was near to death I immediately dropped my gear onto the ground as I had little to no room left in my bags (thankfully I was able to stow my legendary in there!).

Long Story short, I ended up dying and when I returned to the room, none of my items were present. I'm guessing since I died, the instance reset and removed any gear I dropped in there. :\
Reply Quote
To get the achievement for Hero's New Clothes, you have to be naked throughout the fight from the moment you enter the room. You will have to be the one dealing the last hit to get the check for all bosses except Diablo. Either way, you shouldn't have gotten the check off Azmodan for Hero's New Clothes since you were dressed during the fight.

Not sure how your items disappeared though, cos when I drop items and die later on, I usually get them back.
Edited by KyotoKisses#1877 on 7/7/2012 8:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
To be honest, I'm not so concerned about the achievement as to the majority of my gear disappearing. I'd rather it not happen to others.
Reply Quote
The same thing happened to me. I accidentally dropped my ilevel 61 helmet then died. I went back into the fight with Azmodan after ressurecting to see it was not there to pick up.

I was able to successfully do the Cydaea achievement by removing my gear at the last minute. Unfortunately I don't want to do the other achievement for the chance I could loose an item again like I did on Azmodan. Too much risk involved.
Reply Quote
I suppose I just fell victim to this same thing :/

I was fighting belial trying to remove my gear on phase 3...accidently dropped a ring on the ground instead of placing it in my inventory while running. Of course I died before Belial did (who thought of this achievement anyways?!) and when i respawned and went back into the boss it was gone. I even killed the boss hoping it would show up at the end and it was gone. I submitted a ticket, however, I have little belief I will get the 12 mil ring back (I only had it for 1 day too damnit!) Anyways, I have some possible suggestions to prevent this in the future if anyone important reads this:

The item spawning on the ground at the gate outside of the boss fight.
The item returning to the player's inventory.
The item spawning on the ground at the waypoint in town.
The item entering into the merchant's rebuy option.
Reply Quote
i kill azmodan and the moment he was killed that fireball from him hit me and i died too, it drop some legendary chest armor and i cannot get it because i died, so when i get revive and went to the area, the item is not there, only blue and yellows are there. BLIZZARD pls fix this issue pls.
Reply Quote
I was trying to get Naked Lust Achievement and had her down to a sliver of life and went to corner to take off armor. Storm Crow Helm, Tal Rasha's Amulet(Vitality Flawless Star), Zunimassa's Pox and Morrow with 3 Flawless Star Topaz and a Flawless Star Emerald, Tasker and Theo and a Vile Ward. If the little spider had not killed me, I would have taken it all off. I thought at respawn I would be able to pick it back up, but it was not there! Please help! So distressed.
Reply Quote
same thing just happened to me. They really never fixed this, huh? Has anyone filed a ticket about this?
Reply Quote
No need to fix, when there's no bug! If you die in a bossfight the room gets reloaded. It's easy like that.
But Pilipots issue seems to be a bug.
Reply Quote
02/28/2013 10:15 AMPosted by Liogela
I'm not quite sure why you guys aren't stowing your gear in your stash before going to the boss...

03/01/2013 09:24 AMPosted by Liogela
I also have this achievement, and I did it without any gear (except for a crappy weapon I bought for like 50,000 gold that I dropped towards the end of the fight) precisely because of the possibility of losing it should I die. You should not be taking anything valuable with you to a fight where you expect to be dropping it on the ground imo.

03/01/2013 09:24 AMPosted by Liogela
At any rate though, I'm talking with the designers about this particular achievement to see if there's anything that can be done to change the design of it so that it's not putting players in the position of potentially losing gear. I can definitely understand the frustration that's being caused by the achievement asking you to get rid of your gear, only for you to lose it for such a silly reason. In the meantime though, all I'm sayin' is, don't bring your good gear for this achievement! It's not necessary :)
Reply Quote
08/05/2013 06:15 AMPosted by Sirportalez
No need to fix, when there's no bug! If you die in a bossfight the room gets reloaded. It's easy like that.

Its also easy to fix like that--tell the map not to refresh upon death, just like it does not refresh upon death under normal circumstances.

Posted by Liogela
I'm not quite sure why you guys aren't stowing your gear in your stash before going to the boss...

Because you only allow 3 stash tabs and 10 auctions at a time. This means space is always at a premium, especially considering new types of items continue to proliferate in the game world (keys, hellfire mats, demonic essences, account bound gear, etc.) without a corresponding increase in available storage space.

08/06/2013 12:45 PMPosted by Spherix
I also have this achievement, and I did it without any gear (except for a crappy weapon I bought for like 50,000 gold that I dropped towards the end of the fight)

If you had anything equipped at all anytime during the fight, you did not get the Azmodan achievement. You must be talking about a different achievement that asks you to kill a boss naked.

all I'm sayin' is, don't bring your good gear for this achievement! It's not necessary :)

You must have been using blizzard hax in that case, considering Azmo's fireballs one shot my paragon 100 monk on mp0 hell mode. Either that or see above.
Reply Quote
It happened to me too. Damnit . I thought my gear would be there when I respawned

Bye -Bye Inna's Vast Expanse with cold resist for my ice monk build.

Guessing from the posts that I will never see it again

That piece took me days to afford.

So upset right now

Who thinks to buy crap gear before trying this achievement until after something like this happens???

AAAAAAAHHHHRRRRRRGGGG!!!!!

I am so close to quitting for good.. I just might
Reply Quote
It happened to me too. Damnit . I thought my gear would be there when I respawned

Bye -Bye Inna's Vast Expanse with cold resist for my ice monk build.

Guessing from the posts that I will never see it again

That piece took me days to afford.

So upset right now

Who thinks to buy crap gear before trying this achievement until after something like this happens???

AAAAAAAHHHHRRRRRRGGGG!!!!!

I am so close to quitting for good.. I just might

You won't see it again. Anything on the ground on a boss fight disappears if you have to reload the fight for any reason. The whole instance is reset. Don't drop stuff on the ground, you have a stash for a reason.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]