Diablo® III

Public Games Matchmaking Clarification

i play d3, i still play d3...i hate constantly looking on these forums and reading about how negative these comments are. $60. $60 that i think was well worth every penny. the cinematics are great, the gameplay is smooth, the new characters are interesting, the storyline, the auction house, and everything this game entails is beyond par for me. coming from a hardcore D2 player, i really dont get why i see the complaints about and "end game", or about the fact that in D3 you have to grind for hours to find nice items. its Diablo, thats what you do in Diablo. bottom line. the PvP option is more than likely to be in development...go back to WoW if you dont like Diablo, im sure there is something you missed, in the meantime, im going to work on my lvl 60 characters and enjoy slaying masses with ease...(my 2cents...)
Reply Quote
A new patch for Diablo 3 is available. The game will now close and apply the patch. You will be able to continue playing after the patch has been applied. 4 times and I STILL CAN'T bloody play!!! GET UR ASSES INTO GEAR AND FIX THE DAMN ERROR. EVERY SINGLE PATCH IS EXACTLY THE SAME. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Reply Quote
I don't really see the point to play together anymore...

Single player I can kill those elites easily, I can run anytime without having to worry about my partners. In multiplayer, It feels like it's a lot harder and I still feel that the monsters are doing more dmg in multiplayers although they calme that it's fixed and the monsters no longer increase dmg in multiplayer game. In addition, I lose my merc, my merc usually gives me more def and faster attack speed.

In multiplayer game, we don't really do more dmg. I am a barb and most of my skills won't really benefit my partners except maybe "War Cry" & "Ignore pain" but that doesn't help farming. We do not need more def, I just want to kill faster.

Diablo 3 is fun I mean in some way but I really think that the old system is much better...

Runewords.... a Paladin that teleport, a Sorc that knows BattleOrder, a necro with 40+ minions who teleports with all his skeletons too.

The gem system is more variable, we have 7 different kind of socketable Gems including skulls and each one of them has different effect on different Armors or weapons.

The "useless" ethereal items could turn out to be Very powerful with Runewords.

Most of the skills have no annoying colddown, we has less disabling skills back then but at least we can use our skills as long as we still have mana.

I really don't want to compare D3 to D2 but I can't help. I bought D3 with a very high expectable. 10 years of waiting and the D2's system is so great. Stick with it and change the characters and put up more runewords and stuffs, change the story line, put some better graphic and it's another great game that will last 3 to 5 years or even 10.

In Diablo3, the game is still very good but it's not as fun. We don't have much choices when it comes to build and skills. The game force us to play seperately, back then we enjoy playing in a 8 player game because we gain experience points a lot faster and we will get better drops. But now, we hate playing we other players my friends would even yell at me for joining their game because by doing that I make his game harder. We can stack all kind of auras to gain def and dmg, we have battleorder or druid's spirits to double or triple our hp. I was expecting like 16 players in the same game in D3 but obviously it won't happen anymore. Playing with friends would really double or triple to fun. But I really don't see the point to play together in D3. We do not have much chemistry together.

Yes, I think Diablo3 will improve, at some point, I even feel like they are holding back all the interesting stuffs and they are planning to release them a bit by a bit. When you guys are done farming all the ilvl63 items, they would probably come out with an expansion that allow you to get 73ilvl stuffs and leveling you character to a maximun of level 70 or 80. But to be honest, I already lose 50% of my interest on Diablo. Back then, even before D3 come out, I would still login to my D2 to kill a few monsters just for fun or kill Ubers, indentify the torch and just throw it away for fun. I am doing that because in my memory I cannot find a better ARPG. If you cannot make it better, just make it similar. I do not want WOW when I play Diablo.

We keep complaining because we are disappointed. We keep check checking the forum because we hope that one day it will turn better. We are still here because we have hope. I really hope that the Diablo team will come up with more better interesting ideas. We really hope that, next time all my friends would be so happy to see me join his game because it won't make his game harder but easier.

Logged in just to +1 this.

It probably deserves its own thread, really.

This post, and many posts just like it, that describe exactly how I feel (and many other players feel...dare I say the majority) get ignored and Blizz works on MF gear swapping and what the number of public games mean?

It makes me want to stab my !@#$%^-*s with a spork
Edited by Corky#1832 on 7/10/2012 3:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Please change the number to actually show how many people are playing games... not even just public ones, but games in general. This feature was in ALL Battle.net 1.0 games; why not here?
Reply Quote
I'm just gonna whisper it, so only a few people hear it...

damage control
Reply Quote
anyone is interested I sell
my account
Reply Quote
Seriously?
Go add some content to this game. Go make this game fun.

No one gives a sh!t about public games numbers, or any of this bull!@#$. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
still a very low number no matter how you look at it. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more people "publicly" playing together in Diablo 2 12 years later.

I'm just gonna whisper it, so only a few people hear it...

damage control

lol, yup. such an odd thing to address isn't it? half of the people making those threads are probably just trolling anyway.
Edited by Spekkio#1591 on 7/10/2012 3:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't believe you.
Reply Quote
Have the main figure show PLAYERS LOGGED IN and the quest ones show GAMES AVAILABLE.

brave enough?
Reply Quote
07/10/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Lylirra
The number that displays in the Public Games window represents the total number of games currently available

Not true! Check it Yourself... I added all "games" available for me, and got only 310 while "in public games" counter was showing 1376!

"Raw" games available form me on different quests/acts: 0, 19, 8, 26, 3, 11, 26, 12, 1, 4, 2, 0, 0, 5, 5, 42, 3, 10, 15, 2, 5, 18, 11, 0, 5, 8, 6, 12, 12, 2, 7, 4, 7, 0, 4, 12, 3.
Reply Quote
Um yeah. Those figures don't actually mean what they say they mean something that makes us look better and no we are not brave enough to list actual figures like PLAYERS LOGGED IN.

Not true! Check it Yourself... I added all "games" available for me, and got only 310 while "in public games" counter was showing 1376!

"Raw" games available form me on different quests/acts: 0, 19, 8, 26, 3, 11, 26, 12, 1, 4, 2, 0, 0, 5, 5, 42, 3, 10, 15, 2, 5, 18, 11, 0, 5, 8, 6, 12, 12, 2, 7, 4, 7, 0, 4, 12, 3.

Well done keyvis
+1

Edited for spelling error.
Edited by Dirk#6120 on 7/10/2012 4:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes it has nothing to do with the loss of players that actually play diablo3 has it? hahaha this is hilarious... Blizzard just admit people are quiting the game, tell us your going to fix this game, and not only ah, and we might stay around... The ones who play the game wont quit it just becouse you let us know how many players have droped from d3. Or will they?
Reply Quote
07/10/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Mnemonic
Blizz-style PR only seems to work when the product is actually being enjoyed by the majority of its players. You may need to change your approach for Diablo 3!

+1
Reply Quote
"our goal has always been to promote the four player cooperative experience in Diablo III. "

the cake is a lie
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]