Diablo® III

Public Games Matchmaking Clarification

The positive I can derive from the quitters is that there will be less people straining their server.

The negative is that I have to start playing public games more often, because my friends have quit and no longer can I play with them..

You reap what you sow.

'Nice job', Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Seriously. I read several threads that made it into POPULAR TOPICS which talked about this public games number, when almost every single thread was a hate thread (1-3 weeks ago idk). They just affirmed that "x" % of the players quit the game based on it AND most people obviously believed them in those 26 page filled out threads so.. you all DID ask for it.
Reply Quote
So 1500 games, at 4 players max, that's 6000 players give or take, playing public games in the Americas? Really?
Edited by Wulfgar#1640 on 7/11/2012 12:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/10/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Ryan
In this thread, Blizzard attempts to convince us that people are enjoying the game, still.
Reply Quote
Cut the drama on other topic, fix the bloody patch repetition loop and let us have fun and game on. Come on this is blizzard not any ordinary small game company. it have been like 15hours waiting to play the games. if is it other sme game company we can keep an eye close. But this is blizzard the 1st on-line multi player gaming company. Can't you fix a minor problem on you patching and launcher....
Reply Quote
Please show the total number of people playing diablo in public games window.
Reply Quote
I don't give a F@$#$ about how many public games.
The only number that interests me is the number of online friends. And that number, my friend, is now ZERO.
Game is dead.
Edited by dupont#1511 on 7/11/2012 4:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My friends moved on. I haven't played in 2 weeks.

Too little, too late guys.
Reply Quote
You should hire a new lead game designer, stop worrying about petty things, and really who wants to work for Blizzard anymore? Your requirements are too high and you fire your staff regularly.

Just because someone has worked on a shipped product doesn't make them good either, so you should maybe fix some of these problems to get better people on the job.
Edited by Helladen#1373 on 7/11/2012 5:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
As much as I feel blizz doesn't give a crap what we think anymore. Why would they? They already have my money. I just want to post my discontent with D3 somewhere. I played WoW for 5 yrs, where I retired #1 on my server. I would have never considered playing Wow if it wasn't for first playing D2. I spent so much time playing D2. I know blizz has a nice male audience to appeal to however D2 is a good game starter with a lot of the other girls I play with. I convinced one of my girls to play D3 and am now embarrassed I did so. I am so frustrated with the game I haven't played in weeks. I play a mage. I spend all my time kiting and dying in inferno mode. It's getting to the point where I am LOSING gold to repair cost. After paying a ridiculous $60 for this game I feel I should at least get some enjoyment out of it however all it does is anger me. I can't solo anything in Act II Inferno. Farming Act I is not worth it. I will never be able to afford the gear I need to move on as I spend all my gold on repairs. I am completely disgusted and sick with how D3 turned out. After so many years of waiting you expect the wait to be worth it. I'm sorry blizz, you failed me. It will take a lot to come anywhere near convincing me to buy another game from you.
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Hunter
from a good friend of mine.....karrion..... NEVER EVER under any circumstance underestimate the power of stupidity.... especially in large groups.... and that goes for everyone that want them to nerf this or nerf that when its nothing wrong with it...just bad players.... me and karrion went through inferno just the duo of DH .... no prob L2P people... learn your class lern how to use it

Yes, cause this is totally WoW...

This "learn your class" !@#$, is WoW and does not belong in D3. Get your MMO out of my ARPG.
Edited by Nightwolf76#1580 on 7/11/2012 6:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/10/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Pappie
While 13.39% is still a very formidable number that many publishers wish they had, take into consideration that Gametrics originally recorded a massive 39.41% usage rate at internet cafes on May 24th, a week after the launch of Diablo III, which occurred on May 15th, according to This Is Game. The declivity of game usage and drop-off rate are almost identical to Xfire's stats.

Lmao ,You base all of this on xfire and internet cafes in other countrys.
xfire is a voice chat like vent. i dont use it, and theres no tellling how many other people dont use it. And there are millions that play at home, not in cafes.

Lets face it. blizzard is the only company that can possably know how many players they have.
Every on esle is just speculating. If the games player base has droped that much then why are the gold spammers still trying to sell gold to a player base that dos not need it.
Trust me they are spamming more than ever.

Xfire might be seeing a drop in the usage of there own voice software and reporting it as a player base drop in diablo. Lets face it ,if thats the fact then everyone on xfire should know by now that xfire is monitoring there voice channels, and that is a violation of privacy rights.
Edited by Jackeler#1614 on 7/11/2012 7:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
thank you very much Blizzard!
Reply Quote
07/11/2012 05:33 AMPosted by Khailia
As much as I feel blizz doesn't give a crap what we think anymore. Why would they? They already have my money. I just want to post my discontent with D3 somewhere. I played WoW for 5 yrs, where I retired #1 on my server. I would have never considered playing Wow if it wasn't for first playing D2. I spent so much time playing D2. I know blizz has a nice male audience to appeal to however D2 is a good game starter with a lot of the other girls I play with. I convinced one of my girls to play D3 and am now embarrassed I did so. I am so frustrated with the game I haven't played in weeks. I play a mage. I spend all my time kiting and dying in inferno mode. It's getting to the point where I am LOSING gold to repair cost. After paying a ridiculous $60 for this game I feel I should at least get some enjoyment out of it however all it does is anger me. I can't solo anything in Act II Inferno. Farming Act I is not worth it. I will never be able to afford the gear I need to move on as I spend all my gold on repairs. I am completely disgusted and sick with how D3 turned out. After so many years of waiting you expect the wait to be worth it. I'm sorry blizz, you failed me. It will take a lot to come anywhere near convincing me to buy another game from you.

▲This
Reply Quote
You should be making buffing of legendaries your priority. It gives an incentive to play because there is an expectation of the chance of getting something good. Good yellows are always rolled randomly but farming endless hours and getting crappy rolls is discouraging. There is no stat to enhance better yellow rolls. But farming for legendaries is predictable and can be increased in chance with MF, and makes endgame worth playing.
Reply Quote
If it was only filling games to 2 people and you fixed it then the average number of games online would have halved, not divided by ten. It seems to confirm a loss of players when this is the best excuse Blizzard can offer for such a huge number of online activity lost.
Edited by Tarrachal#1387 on 7/11/2012 9:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
so from now we will know what it means

and if the number goes down .......

but 10k at start to 600 odd now

some one made areal mess of the sort algorithum at release
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]