Diablo® III

Public Games Matchmaking Clarification

SEE, this is all you have to do is communicate more of issues like this instead of letting the player base get paranoid about this. Thank you Lylirra, I appreciate you ma'am.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
SEE, this is all you have to do is communicate more of issues like this instead of letting the player base get paranoid about this. Thank you Lylirra, I appreciate you ma'am.

Looking at the comment people will wildly speculate/wont believe anything Blizz says regardless of what they do.
Reply Quote
07/10/2012 10:02 AMPosted by ElliotX
Hi lylirra :D

Dude, he's a guy.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Warrior
We've recently seen a lot of questions from players regarding the number displayed in the Public Games window -- specifically, what the number represents and why it's changed so drastically since patch 1.0.3 released.

That's funny because I see a lot more about bots, but you choose to answer the one that provides you a good PR explanation of why your player count is dropping like a rock.
Reply Quote
Sorry, I just had to smile at this thread. Even stifled a few good laughs.

The amount of angst that Blizzard reps have to put up with on a daily basis... wow.

I'm not saying it's unwarranted. But I can just see them sitting there in their corners, staring at the endless vitriol bubbling forth out of the forums, a glass of water in one hand and a bottle of valium in the other :D

Dear Blizzard reps, if you're reading this: you really (really) need to post a large, cosolidated response in which you take into account the majority of the concerns expressed here (and elsewhere on the forums). Otherwise, you really will lose the majority of the D3 player base. Either relatively quickly over the short term, or inexorably and irretrievably over the long term.

We can forgive bad design, bad mechanics, poor droprates, etc, etc, but your silence we cannot forgive. Communicate with us properly about the fact that you're aware of Issues X, Y and Z... and you will regain a lot of our trust.

But maybe you don't care about that. Maybe WoW lines your pockets with enough gold that you can treat D3 players as if you don't care.

However, if you want to stem the tide of quitters and at least shore up what's left of your reputation, then have the common courtesy to reply to the concerns that people are voicing.

Sweeping them under the rug is sweeping your company away. You may not think so, but I very much fear that years from now you'll look back and say that this* was the turning point. I don't want that to be the case. I like Blizzard games. But you owe your customers for their loyalty.

Don't make us regret it.

*by 'this', I mean this period of time, with the large groundswell of unhappiness over a large number of issues with D3.
Edited by MorgueFLB#2252 on 7/12/2012 3:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Goblin Hunter
07/10/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Lylirra
Prior to patch 1.0.3, the in-game matchmaking system would often create new Public Games instead of filling existing games to their maximum capacity of four players. That configuration was to help reduce server load within individual games (fewer players, less load); however, it caused situations where players were rarely being placed into full games, and our goal has always been to promote the four player cooperative experience in Diablo III.

Except for when you get into a 4 person game that has some dolt sitting in town, making mobs harder for everyone in the field. Man what a bad design!
Reply Quote
Eleven out of eleven people that I know who used to play no longer play
Reply Quote
I still cant find people in act 3 or 4 inferno for quite some time now. It says 0 playing this quest. this is obviously bogus. Even xfire has confirmed the huge drop.
None of my friends play anymore. uggg
Edited by beastxjason#1403 on 7/12/2012 9:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh so the 100,000 games prior to this update really hasn't changed! oh wait, even if there were 1 person in all 100,000 games, and you said their were two usually... that would mean we could expect 25,000 games after...

The number is 1,000 - 2,000. Well its good to know basic math is wrong as I'm sure you'd NEVER deceive us.
Reply Quote
07/10/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Lylirra
As a result, we're seeing more filled Public Games than ever before (you may have noticed this yourself while playing), but it also means that the number displayed in the Public Games window generally isn't as high as it was prior to patch 1.0.3.

First of all, LOL. I love fluff.

Secondly, I'd just like to clarify for everyone that Lylirra's post says the "value only reflects Public Games which aren't yet full." This is entirely different than showing the number of players in public games or even the number of public games.

Her explanation accounts for the huge decrease in the number as you only see games that are not full. Completely different than what a lot of you are saying such as: "If what you're saying is true, then we'd still see 25,000 if before the patch the number stated 100,000". That statement makes no sense in the context of Lylirra's post.

Please understand I am in no way defending Blizzard's argument for the huge drop in numbers. I believe it is propaganda just like the majority of you. I don't understand how a mechanics change such as this one would "unintentionally" change the displayed number to show an incorrect measurement. Nor do I understand how, if they changed the mechanic, they would leave the displayed number to read "number of players in public games", and above all that leave the change undocumented. It certainly appears that Blizzard is trying to save face, and I have no idea how fan boys can swallow such a shallow "explanation".

I just wanted to clear up that logical fallacy so many of you have come to "understand".
Edited by g4mb1t#1291 on 7/12/2012 10:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
so, basically the counter is meant to be deceptive about what the number actually is or they changed its actual function.
Reply Quote
Love having 4 players in game. Thanks for the change!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]