Diablo® III

Public Games Matchmaking Clarification

Can't you only have 10 toons then go buy another game?
Reply Quote
Imagine the woman in this gif as Blizzard; http://i.imgur.com/ds46K.gif
Reply Quote
We've recently seen a lot of questions from players regarding the number displayed in the Public Games window -- specifically, what the number represents and why it's changed so drastically since patch 1.0.3 released.

Here's the skinny:

1) What does the number displayed in the Public Games window actually represent?
The number that displays in the Public Games window represents the total number of games currently available to your hero, based on your game region and mode (Hardcore heroes qualify for a different set of Public Games). The number does not represent private games or Public Games that already have four players. Players hanging out in the character menus or using the auction house are not considered here either.

2) Why did that number suddenly change so much after patch 1.0.3?
Prior to patch 1.0.3, the in-game matchmaking system would often create new Public Games instead of filling existing games to their maximum capacity of four players. That configuration was to help reduce server load within individual games (fewer players, less load); however, it caused situations where players were rarely being placed into full games, and our goal has always been to promote the four player cooperative experience in Diablo III.

In patch 1.0.3 we made some changes so that the matchmaking system would attempt to fill Public Games instead of creating new ones whenever possible. As a result, we're seeing more filled Public Games than ever before (you may have noticed this yourself while playing), but it also means that the number displayed in the Public Games window generally isn't as high as it was prior to patch 1.0.3. As explained above, this is due to the fact that the value only reflects Public Games which aren't yet full.

We understand that labeling this number as "In Games" in the Public Games window can be confusing, so we're currently looking into ways to make the number and what it represents more clear. In the meantime, we continue to closely monitor both the state of the game service and your questions and comments about Diablo III.

Sweet. Good to know and also to clarifty to people. Too many people think thats the total number of people playing Diablo 3 lol.
Reply Quote
07/10/2012 10:02 AMPosted by ECross86
Really? THAT is what you have seen 'a lot' of concern about?

lmao. +1

That and gear swapping is the main concern of the players in Blizzard's opinion.

All other things are just uncostructive crap from QQers that benefits nothing other than reverting D3 back to D2. Nuff said.
Reply Quote
somewhat insulting from where i can see.....
Reply Quote
23 Gnome Rogue
This is an excellent post, Lylirria, thanks for the info. Unfortunately, the forums trolls prove once again how lacking in character they are, when they throw a fit over this kind of communication.
Reply Quote
Praise the lord.... my game is totally broken but at least, now, my mind is clear. I can finally sleep well now.
Reply Quote
07/10/2012 10:03 AMPosted by insomniac29
Actually, that is good to know.

QFT
Reply Quote
1) What does the number displayed in the Public Games window actually represent?
The number that displays in the Public Games window represents the total number of games currently available to your hero, based on your game region and mode (Hardcore heroes qualify for a different set of Public Games).

Too bad I get exactly the same number no matter which hero i choose. That's incredible coincidence that on my 60 lvl barb there are 1545 games available, and on my 5 lvl wizard there are 1545 games available aswell ! That's must be some kind of miracle ! Fking public games how do they work ?

Good try, next time when you make damage control post try to make up something that actually makes sense or at least doesn't look like obvious scam.
Edited by DonVadim#2543 on 7/10/2012 11:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info and I hope you guys release more information on other matters as well.
Reply Quote

The number that displays in the Public Games window represents the total number of games currently available to your hero, based on your game region and mode (Hardcore heroes qualify for a different set of Public Games).

Too bad I get exactly the same number no matter which hero i choose. That's incredible coincidence that on my 60 lvl barb there are 1545 games available, and on my 5 lvl wizard there are 1545 games available aswell ! That's must be some kind of miracle !

Good try, next time when you make damage control post try to make up something that actually makes sense or at least doesn't look like obvious scam.

The character you choose has no bearing. The game doesn't try to balance classes (I wish it did sometimes so I don't have to leave game). The number would be the same for anyone. I think her wording is throwing you off, it seems to be just games that aren't full and available (not specific to which quest you are on).

I agree the game has some issues but people are going a little over the top here.
Edited by Opsyate#1260 on 7/10/2012 11:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Why find this insulting when it is just information??? nothing really to do with the game. Half the things a company does to maintain itself has nothing to do directly with the game.
Reply Quote
I think you guys should be more worried about making this game better and improving it instead of worrying about dumb !@# questions asked.
Reply Quote
So instead of addressing real problems, they work on protecting their image by ensuring that people know that others are still playing Diablo 3.

Lame, self serving, and pointless (for the player). It's even more lame, self serving, and pointless than addressing magic find swapping.
Reply Quote
What a pathetic attempt.. how would you explain when I lick on the quest and it clearly says players available.. from 300s on each its 20 or even single digits now.. in inferno.
Reply Quote
07/10/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Lylirra
As a result, we're seeing more filled Public Games than ever before

also seeing more server lag and rubber banding than ever before. so i guess the original theory was right then? either we get empty groups or server lag.. awesome choice, that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]