Diablo® III

Error 53

I got kicked out of my game tongiht with error 53.. it tells me to check my email and I find:

A user of the above account has recently been involved in actions deemed inappropriate for Diablo III.

Account Action: 24 Hour Suspension
Offense: Spamming

This category includes:
* Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish.
* Saying the same phrase more than once in a period of 30 seconds.

Based on a review of the information presented, this Diablo III account has been given an account suspension. Until the suspension has been lifted, the account will not be accessible. Should spamming behaviour continue we may proceed to apply further penalties including extended suspension of chat privileges, account suspension, or account closure. Once an account has been closed, any heroes, items, or auctions will be irretrievable.

For further information, please review the Diablo III Policies (http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-policies) and Terms of Use Agreement (http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/legal/d3_tou.html).

Any disputes or questions concerning this account action can only be addressed by submitting a ticket through the Battle.net support site. To submit a ticket, please visit http://battle.net/support/ticket/submit. Our support team will not be able to investigate account actions over the phone.

We understand that these policies may seem harsh, but they are in place to ensure that every player is able to enjoy their time spent on Battle.net. Thank you for respecting our position.

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment
Diablo III Customer Support
http://battle.net/support

Are you kidding me? You can't type the same thing within a 30 second period or you get banned? So if some says someting funny in game and you type LOL...then some else says another funny comment about it and you type LOL again you can get banned for typing LOL twice in a 30 second period? REALLY? Don't you think that 30 seconds is way to long? This is just plan stupid on every level. I never use publc chat channels and I don't talk much in games, but I started getting these emails starting around 6/29 that I am a spammer....

Review my chat logs and you will find that this filter is broken!

Blizzard you need to change this. This is just total crap! I understand why you have a policy like this in place but 30 seconds is just way to long...most people who spam crap like "u mad bro"...or some other stupid saying do it one after another like every 2 seconds...not every 20 or 30 seconds. Please review this and change the time on it, you are only hurting players with this policy.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Well, the other option to consider is that someone else is on your account. I would change your password and email associated with the account to be on the safe side. After all, hackers steal accounts to either bot/farm/strip them or spam gold selling text with them.

Also, 24 hours is not the usual for a first time ban so whatever you are doing you are already climbing the penalty pyramid. Not something you want so figuring it out would be in your best interest.
Reply Quote
I can not loggin ...... got error 53, im no compfreak, so plz help me blizzi
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
LordKnugen,

You'll need to submit a support ticket as we can't discuss account issues like this here in a public forum

This article will lead you through the process.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact
Reply Quote
yeahp = i got the same.... i think i used the word "thx" !

so a party member revives me, and i thank him.... and i get banned for 24 hours for being polite!

this seems wrong on so many levels!
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Hi there TuffTee...don't assume that was sent from Blizzard, although it may have been.

There are a couple options with that email

1. Phishing - there are some good fakes going around with this message. DON'T click any links.
2. Account compromise - Hackers are using stolen accounts to post gold spam.
3. Account holder really was spamming
4. Blizzard filters are wonky? That is a theory some folks have.

You can rule out all but #4 by doing the following:

1. Create a new email that you use for only Battle.net. That rules out phishing
2. Change your password from a clean PC. Hacker prevention
3. Consider attaching an Authenticator (mobile app or keychain). 99.9% hacker proof
4. Ensure you don't break rules

If all of the above are done, that leaves Bliz filters and really helps troubleshoot it. If you clicked on any links in the emails, I would suggest updating your malware software and virus scanner an doing a full sweep in safe mode with D3 login up (gibberish typed in the fields). Just to be on the safe side.

My own personal theory? That it is often combination of one and two. Hackers send a phishing email. User clicks the links and then the account gets compromised. Hackers spam gold selling with it and then the next chat spam ban emails are real.
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 7/15/2012 7:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
error 53 on login to diablo3...
The 1-800 line has always had a full que and won't even let me hold to talk to someone from Blizzard.
Submitted a ticket about the problem a week ago, which was marked "resolved" but the problem persists.
Really I think I'm done with Diablo 3, as the game is very shallow and repetitive. I would like to DELETE my battle.net account and just move on to a "less attractive to hackers" gaming. Please can you tell me if this is possible?
Reply Quote
Error 53 here for botting or hacking? I guess I was supposed to pick one. Garbage.
Reply Quote
error 53 on login to diablo3...
The 1-800 line has always had a full que and won't even let me hold to talk to someone from Blizzard.
Submitted a ticket about the problem a week ago, which was marked "resolved" but the problem persists.
Really I think I'm done with Diablo 3, as the game is very shallow and repetitive. I would like to DELETE my battle.net account and just move on to a "less attractive to hackers" gaming. Please can you tell me if this is possible?

SAME problem but me i get hack than i recovery my account but the hacker do something and now when i try to log in its say error 53
Reply Quote
I Got error 53 for buying somthing from the auction house lol wow. and now i get to wait up to 24 hours to get my acount back.....not sure i want it back .
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]