Diablo® III

Fiery Brimstone Trade Glitch

(Locked)

85 Tauren Paladin
This just happened to me. Kenny #1424 as well. Lost 7.9 million.
85 Tauren Paladin
Watched the trade window carefully. I clicked accept on the 79 brimstone, Showed 79 brimstone but then only got 1.

Its quite possible that he can switch it to 1 and hit enter insanely fast for us not to notice the switch.

Because its the same item it might not cancel the accepted trade from the player.
can we get a blue post on this issue talked to 4 other people in game that had this happen to them from the same guy... made a ticket and got the response that basically said i need to be more cautious.....? how much more cautious can i be than to have the person accept first and it show the correct number in trade window when i accept, yet i only end up with 1 of said item in my bag....?
Got scammed as well by player "heat". Only lost 900k though, i guess im lucky compared to some of you...
Only trade securely
The Auction House and secure trade window provide ways to safely trade with other players in Diablo III. Avoid trades that are not conducted through these systems, as both provide ways for players to clearly see the items and amount of gold that will be traded.

I read this and felt safe using the trade window,lost 28m.It clearly stated what i was getting in the trade window,and i was concious to keep my eyes on the stacks as i clicked accept,there was no way a switch was made.

This is clear miss-information from blizzard,stating its safe to use trading window on their policys,which i checked before doing the trade.

Yet,after being scammed and comming here,i see employees saying its a "use at your own risk" system
I trusted what the policy said,and i lost pretty much all i got

Balforzar
I submited a ticket and this is the response that i got

Hey there,

Game Master Basthonn here and I hope this message finds you doing well.

I am very sorry to hear that this happened to you while playing. :( I have seen many cases of other players that get into the same tough spot after doing some trade agreements with other players and it is never pretty when people scam others.

While this is not a type of play we endorse, as almost no one in the D3 community wants to see this kind of behavior, alas, we do not currently support trade scam transactions such as this, and will be unable to assist with this and we will be unable to reimburse for these types of transactions and agreements. These are considered "at your own risk" trades, and since both players will need to click Approve and all trades require the consent of both players, it is up to those players to make absolutely sure that the trade is correct before clicking the approve button.

With Diablo III, our goal is to provide players the means to effectively protect themselves from scams. Customer Support will not be able to intervene in cases where one player takes advantage of another. Because of this, it is up to every player to be aware of the systems in Diablo III that will protect them and exercise good judgment when trading with others in-game.

The Auction House and secure trade window provide ways to safely trade with other players in Diablo III. Avoid trades that are not conducted through these systems, as both provide ways for players to clearly see the items and amount of gold that will be traded.

Again I am very sorry this happened to you though and I hope in the future you are very very cautious with this type of trade to other players and have no other issues like this one.

Thank you again for contacting us and I hope you continue to enjoy your experience in Diablo III!

Regards,

Game Master Basthonn
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment

Pretty lame since this is an exploit and not a scam.

07/10/2012 02:43 PMPosted by ryanlau
These are considered "at your own risk" trades, and since both players will need to click Approve and all trades require the consent of both players, it is up to those players to make absolutely sure that the trade is correct before clicking the approve button.

we are absolutely certain the correct item values showed in the trade window and was accepted correct, the is player using an exploit to steal some that can be sold and purchased for real money blizzard " you can not take a percentage of the real money then provide a exploit for a player to steal it and claim to be unaccountable" at the very least you need to ban the players stealing before the cash value of items stolen via the exploit in YOUR system rack up to a point of mass lawsuit - youve made you ingame items a tradeable good, reguardless of you unnacountability clauses in your code of conduct does not exempt you from actual legal proceedure, your gambling on your player base being to damn dumb to understand the law
mean while the gold stolen by said players is being resold on your auction house for which you take a cut again blizzard - would not be wise to ignore this subject
even if you cannot verify return the gold being stolen the player involved are violating the code of conduct/ terms of use by using these exploits - blizz is just letting em run rampant steal the gold resell it on ah and they get a cut again, double trippl quadruple taxes for them - lotta things are pointing to very serious mega lawsuit corruption blizz

might be fine in other countries but this is a whole lot of american cash being targeted - implications for such is pretty big
Edited by Soothesayer#1345 on 7/16/2012 4:50 PM PDT
SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!! KENNY#1424 SCAMMED ME! I lost 5 million gold to that doosh
Me:
Trade hackKenny#1424 used a trade hack, scamming me for my 5 million gold. He placed 50 Fiery Brimstone and I had put my 5 million gold. When the deal was complete all I ended up with was 1 Fiery Brimstone and -5 million gold. PLEASE HELP!Agreed to Diablo III Compromised Account Policy: Yes
Me:
I am not visually impaired, nor would I ever accept an offer that I didn't look at first. Please help!!

GM: Kalyrakar Customer Service Representative

Greetings Defender of Sanctuary!I'm sorry for any frustration this player has caused you, but I'm afraid the previous Game Master was correct. Our scope of support for Diablo is vastly different and much more limited than that of our World of Warcraft support. Any trades and transactions that you made do in the game are at your own risk. We will be unable to intervene in any way. We are also unable to give any compensation or restore any losses due to these types of situations. This policy is clearly stated on our Support site here: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-scam-policyRegards,Game Master Kalyrakar

Me:

I'm also not the only one to get trade hacked by this guy. Theres a forum going with multiple people being scammed by the same person.http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6036617020?page=2I read your scam policy and I would agree if I were in the wrong, but that is not the case in this situation. "Trade Scams Item and gold trades in Diablo III are handled through a secure trade window. Before a trade is completed, both players will need to click Approve. Because trades require the consent of both players, it is up to those players to make absolutely sure that the trade is correct before clicking the approve button."All of that happened exactly as it took place. We both put in the CORRECT amounts, 5 million gold for FIFTY Fiery Brimstones, but after the transaction is COMPLETE. He receives 5 million gold, and I only receive ONE Fiery Brimstone. Again I am not the only one this is happening to. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6036617020?page=2

GM: Otariliel Customer Service Representative

Thanks for the feedback, I'll forward that to the right folks. Did you need anything specific from us in the meantime?If you still need assistance you can select the “Not Resolved” button below or call us directly. If you would rather speak with someone directly, please contact Account & Technical Services. Our contact information can be found at <http://blizzard.com/support/article/cs>Game Master OtarilielAccount & Technical ServicesCustomer ServicesBlizzard Entertainmentwww.blizzard.com/support

Me:
CAN I PLEASE TALK TO SOMEONE WHO IS REAL AND WILL ACTUALLY READ WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN?! Why can I not receive my gold can back I was a victim of an exploit bug, NOT A SCAM.?This player is exploiting people for massive amounts of gold. PLEASE DON'T IGNORE THIS!!!

GM: Aerungir Customer Service Representative

Hi David,I am very sorry for the frustration and that we are not able to offer more support for you in this case. If you have reported the player responsible for this trade there is nothing more that can be done. We are currently looking into the bug you mentioned and will resolve it as soon as possible. There is however no ability for us to restore your gold or remove if from anyone who have recieved it. We advise caution and using the auction house for your purchases going forward to help prevent scams where other players attempt to abuse and exploit.If I missed anything at all, please click on 'Need More Help', so another GM or myself can assist you. Otherwise, you can use 'Message Read' to close it out.Thanks for contacting us today! Regards, Customer ServicesBlizzard Entertainment <http://www.blizzard.com>Customer Support: <https://us.blizzard.com/support/>International Support: <http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/international>

This is some BULLLLLLLLLLL CRAPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!
BUMPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a hack. One of several that's possible with the in-game trade window.

DO NOT TRADE IN GAME.
Kenny#1424 abused this bug/exploit/script thingy on me as well. Showed up as 91 brimstones on my trade window the WHOLE time. Even after I clicked accept it was still 91 brimstones on the trade window.

But I only ended up getting 1. This is beyond a scam as it is an exploitation of a bug.

Look, I don't really care if I get my gold back. But please ban this guy.
I submited a ticket and this is the response that i got

Hey there,

Game Master Basthonn here and I hope this message finds you doing well.

I am very sorry to hear that this happened to you while playing. :( I have seen many cases of other players that get into the same tough spot after doing some trade agreements with other players and it is never pretty when people scam others.

While this is not a type of play we endorse, as almost no one in the D3 community wants to see this kind of behavior, alas, we do not currently support trade scam transactions such as this, and will be unable to assist with this and we will be unable to reimburse for these types of transactions and agreements. These are considered "at your own risk" trades, and since both players will need to click Approve and all trades require the consent of both players, it is up to those players to make absolutely sure that the trade is correct before clicking the approve button.

With Diablo III, our goal is to provide players the means to effectively protect themselves from scams. Customer Support will not be able to intervene in cases where one player takes advantage of another. Because of this, it is up to every player to be aware of the systems in Diablo III that will protect them and exercise good judgment when trading with others in-game.

Again I am very sorry this happened to you though and I hope in the future you are very very cautious with this type of trade to other players and have no other issues like this one.

Thank you again for contacting us and I hope you continue to enjoy your experience in Diablo III!

Regards,

Game Master Basthonn
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment

Pretty lame since this is an exploit and not a scam.

Blizzard is most certainly responsible. The scammer is using an exploit in Blizzards code to falsely represent the items in the trade window. The person getting scammed is 100% unaware of what is going on. Also, trading is not against the EULA. Why should we rely on using the AH and RMAH? Blizzard has stated many many times that they did not design this game around the AH. I am learning that is 100% utter rubbish.

Further more, it's a conflict of interest on Blizzards part because they are aware of this exploit and their only solution is for people to use the AH... which they run and directly profit from. I believe the common term for that is RACKETEERING.
This just happened to me as well. Did a trade with heat#1737. Displayed 35 brimstones. I checked it multiple times both in the text as well as the # overlaying the brimstones. No new windows opened, nothing funny like that (I move slowly in bigger trades). It traded only 1.

This is very much a problem, and obviously myself and none of the others who had this happen 'misread' or anything.

I have been a customer of Blizzard since diablo 2 came out. If this kind of thing continues to go unchecked and it is shown that the company doesn't give a rip, I highly doubt myself nor any friends will not be returning to any of their games again...
Blizzard declared open season on honest players.

DWTBrown#1502 is pulling the same scam now.
is there any way they can approve a roll back for these situations? I just got jipped for my natalya's ring. I was supposed to receive 23 perfect star emeralds, but only got 1 after the transaction. This is clearly a hack and exploit. A scam would be more word of mouth trickery. There were no catches, just a seemingly fair and honest trade...
Hey can anyone try help me i got this problem that i cant trade my irl friend but i can trade everyone els in the game why is that????? and got any thing that can fix it? answer in an reply plz :D
Sadly they don't give a crap, and honestly I don't believe in the fact that they couldn't do much nor anything. They just don't want to.

Took me a while to get back the money and the feeling that I wanted to play some more again.

I never complained about anything in the game. This is an exploit and that isn't up to us. It's a shame that Blizzard looks like if they endorse this kind of gaming.

Really really disappointed.
If complaints have been filed, but the business resolved the complaints not in a timely manner or to the customer's satisfaction, then file another complain here.

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/find-business/name/blizzard+entertainment/
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]