Diablo® III

Inferno should only drop ilvl 61+ items

07/10/2012 09:08 AMPosted by Arluz
I say it should only drop Ilvl 64 legendary and set items, and maybe Jewelcrafting patterns. And a pony.

Listen I'm not asking for too much hear 99.9% of the drops are crap and not even worth anything but the mats you can get from them.

All I"m asking is that the hardest difficulty only drop usable gear for people in that hardest difficulty.

To me this makes sense
Reply Quote
07/10/2012 09:10 AMPosted by Meow
Lol yeah lets just drop all the good items for people to get maxed geared up in 1 day and faceroll everything and !!!% the RMAH/GMAH. Ruin the economy even more

It seems like the people who these sorts of things have missed the point of this video game. The point is not for you to get a billion gold. The point is not for you to make real money and get rich. The point is not to have a balanced and stable economy. That's right folks Diablo 3 wasn't made for you to get rich. People go too far. They make the auction house the game and forget that there is a world of slaying demons waiting for them. This game was made for players to have fun. If you say things like "better items will destroy the game," then you probably are playing the auction house, and not diablo 3.

Thumbs up Meow you're kinda my Diablo 3 hero of the day.
Reply Quote
Drop rates are reasonable, but I have noticed the more mf I have the low the ilvl items I get. I used to have 250% with 5 stack then 300-310 then now 350 and with each upgrade I get more 52-60 ilvl items and less 60-63 ilvl items. Its alot alot more rares per run with no loss of time. So rates for dropping rares are fine yes. But they should tone down the drop rate of 52-60 but not take them out. Example Saturday 1 act 1 run 250% mf every full inventory i had atleast 3 ilvl63 yesterday I was lucky to have 1.

07/10/2012 09:03 AMPosted by Cabbage
The drop rate with NV is perfectly fine. I find at least 1 legendary every day of running for 4 - 6 hours.

Damn lucky you 340% for 5 hours then 350% for another 6 and not 1 Legendary yesterday.
That was between acts 1-2.
Reply Quote
I don't know about 'only ilvl61' but I sure as hell don't want to see any more ilvl52 crap drooping in inferno.
Reply Quote
07/10/2012 09:02 AMPosted by Lorithas
That would be dumb. If only I61s drop then the GAH/RMAH would be flooded and the value of gold would plummet.

LOL?

Increasing the item drop rate and level = decrease in the value of high lvl items, aka, gold worth more aka less inflation
Reply Quote
07/10/2012 09:00 AMPosted by UmbraDrakon
Well for one crafting would become more popular because the mats would be available in a higher abundance.

Nope. Crafting still sucks. Not gonna change unless crafted items get a buff and isn't such a HUGE gold sink.

07/10/2012 09:00 AMPosted by UmbraDrakon
Also both the GAH and RMAH would flourish because of all the gear flying in even if its not the best its still some of the best gear in game.

It definitely would NOT florish. Overload a store with 6 aisles of Fruit Loops and the store will have a LOOOOOOOOT to throw away at the end of the month. Bad example, but still. That would cause deflation like crazy cause why would you pay alot for an item that you could find that much quicker?

I personally don't think this will ever happen, but to each his own.
Edited by JaySleezay#1109 on 7/10/2012 9:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh hey, nothing is stopping you from leaving every < 61 item on the ground.

/thread
Reply Quote
07/10/2012 09:12 AMPosted by PbPSY
I don't know about 'only ilvl61' but I sure as hell don't want to see any more ilvl52 crap drooping in inferno.

Thats basically what I'm calling for but saying only ilvl61's gets the money grubbing trolls in here sooo

Because honestly It should be things that I can use i'll even take ilvl 59+ if I can get it. But why am i getting gear that could be upgraded in hell while I'm farming inferno?
Reply Quote
They just need a more rewarding system in the game when I see ilvl63's they should always be at least decent not a severe downgrade to what I'm already using.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
07/10/2012 09:06 AMPosted by Pyramid
Lol yeah lets just drop all the good items for people to get maxed geared up in 1 day and faceroll everything and !!!% the RMAH/GMAH. Ruin the economy even more

YEAH! Because I know I am soooo concerned about the economy.

+1
Reply Quote
07/10/2012 09:18 AMPosted by Cørvin

YEAH! Because I know I am soooo concerned about the economy.

+1

This ^^
Reply Quote
07/10/2012 09:09 AMPosted by UmbraDrakon
Get better and play the game

Quote for your own life much?

I mean I have run act 1 over 100 times now and gotten well over 1000 ilvl61 items and only 2 of them have actually been worth anything.

Why not get those 2 items just a little faster.

Do you really need your hand held while we get crayons and draw this up for you. There are more than just YOU playing the game and using the auction house. So if EVERYONE has only the ability to get ilvl61+ from inferno then where do you think that this would actually do more than give the person who GETS said drops more of a chance to give themselves an upgrade?

That is the only thing this would accomplish. Maybe save the individual some money, but kill the economy.
Not worth it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
07/10/2012 09:02 AMPosted by Naive

LOL cause that would happen when 99.9% of the items are complete and utter !@#$.

Inferno shouldn't drop anything under ilvl 58. I love killing elites in acts 3/4 and getting a ilvl 50...SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
Bad idea, the whole point of Inferno is that it's SUPPOSED to be very hard, and as such you're not expected (nor should you expect) to gear up and get through it in a few days or even weeks.

Plus this goes against the whole mechanics and design of the game; Pretty soon you'll ask that no white items drop, or that only gold over a certain amount, etc. etc. The concept of a treasure hunt game is that you have to get a lot of junk to make the good stuff feel special. Blizzard has stated this repeatedly so no, you're idea isn't going to get any attention, sorry.
Reply Quote
07/10/2012 09:02 AMPosted by Naive

You're retarded. The economy has been ruined and increasing the drop rate or quality wont ruin it dumbass. Higher supply in items= lower prices. Unless you are one of us who made !@#$ing hundreds on the AH or thousands of dollars, then you have zero chance of ever having that kind of money because they can farm faster than your dumbass thus produce better items, thus get more gold, thus be richer. Devaluing gold or anything at this point is a good item. No value in gold=meaningless whether you have millions or zero.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]