On pages 15-17, I have replied to many people about help for their equipment. A lot of the information in these posts overlap. If you're considering asking for equipment advice, I definitely think you should check out some of these posts, many people often have similar questions! Otherwise, if it's a more specific question, ask away!
UPDATE 1: Added video below demonstrating an Inferno Ghom kill with our 4M gear
UPDATE 2: Adding videos of Act 3 quest clears with our gear - uploading in quest order
UPDATE 3: Added video below demonstrating an Inferno Rakanoth kill with our gear
UPDATE 4: Added a couple of important patch 1.0.4 points (some might already know this info)
Yesterday I recorded 3 videos, and I wanted to share with everyone a very nice way to balance your demon hunter for CHEAP. You don't need fancy Natalya gear, nor any 10mil per equip gear, as many people often say.
With this balance, you don't need to be a "GLASS CANNON DH" or a "TANK DH," but rather you are tanky and you can do good damage. For this guide, I used a naked level 60 Demon Hunter, with a 5M gold budget. This is ALL you need to do well in Act 3.
Higher Budget Players: If you have a high budget, and would like a reference for a good balanced gearset, here is a link to my main DH gears:
I explained in detail what kind of equipment to look for, what you need for each equipment, and so on in Part 1.
I documented the entire process and split it in 3 parts. I also added a quick summary of my final gears after Part 1 in the screenie below:
Part 1 Gear: http://i.imgur.com/OuBjI.png
Part 4 Gear: http://i.imgur.com/obM2o.jpg (+200k movespeed boots)
Part 1 [1 hour]: Collecting gear using a 5M Budget (used 4M)
Part 2 [20 min]: Description and short demonstrations of skills/specs
Part 3 [20 min]: Short demo where we kill some elites, deal with reflects, and finish Azmodan with our gear!
Bonus 1 [14 min] Ghom - A detailed strategy and skill spec/demonstration for killing ghom with our 4M gear
Bonus 2 [8 min] Rakanoth - A good strategy and skill spec for killing rakanoth in Act 4
Part 4: Act 3 Quest/Elite Walkthrough - Beginning of each video annotated with elite kills
1. Skycrown Battlements- www.youtube.com/watch?v=212G0EHCutg
2. Stonefort - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I6I_rw89m4
3. Keep Depths - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13-wGdQeVnk
4. Machines of War - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7-UkG-OAMI
5. Siegebreaker - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U23WQXYtpgQ
6. Heart of Sin 01 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ndAMEI8K2k
7. Heart of Sin 02 (& Cydaea) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlYknu3c4iY
8. Arreat Core (& Azmodan) - (Part 3 Above) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7_Y4irSR3c
Patch 1.0.4 Updates: Some useful information
1. With paragon levels, you should seriously consider a socketed helm with a high level ruby gem!
2. Inferno mobs lost 15% dmg (so your defensive gear is much more effective)
3. Entangling shot got a big dmg buff, very helpful if you don't use Hungering Arrow - Shock Collar rune even does good dmg now
4. It would be worth trying to replace Companion: Bat with Vault:Trail of Cinders, it would be especially useful for kiting fast melee elites backwards (don't vault into them for the dmg)
5. Invulnerable minions are gone now, which was a big problem for this setup
6. With the combination of the Inferno -15% dmg nerf, and with vault of cinders, phase beast elites could be manageable (but still tough)
7. With the huge influx of insanely strong legendaries, this same gear is obtainable for even cheaper, I'm hesitant to say even as much as 3mil now (if not yet, likely very soon!)
Enjoy, feel free to critisize (I imagine I'll get mostly flames lol), but I'll answer any questions you guys have.