Diablo® III

WW & Sprint RLTW mechanics (RoS update)

Well, either way, I´ve spent some quality friday evening time trying to explain things to him as best as I could but even I do have limits and that "dps" comment was it.

But honestly there is so much info hidden from us and at the same time so many outright misleading tooltips and counter-intuitive game mechanics that it´s no surprise that people may doubt stuff when it gets uncovered, because it really is mind-boggling at times.

I mean things like weapon dps, inventory damage a.k.a. "dps" and RoS featuring "toughness" are supposed to help make things easier for casuals but in fact they make the whole situation even more confusing for those who wish to understand what´s going on because those values are in no way applied in actual damage calculations.

I believe the devs should either get rid of all the supposedly advanced tooltips or actually make them advanced and begin listing stuff like proc coefficients (at the very least) and clearly state the skill damage relation with aps, resource responses, on hit and on crit effects...
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 10/18/2013 3:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
They should get rid of inventory damage and just give damage meters.

Inventory damage is already good for nothing but epeen. It needs to go entirely.

If they have to have some epeen measurement at least make it accurate.

It looks like they're trying to be a bit more transparent about the mechanics. Maybe they'll actually start making the tooltips accurate in RoS. Wouldn't count on it, but we can hope.

I know we'll never get damage meters. And the "toughness rating" is probably going to be some other meaningless epeen number.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 10/18/2013 3:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Are these break points the same on console?
Reply Quote
View profile
The Champ. this is an old thread thats not really active any longer other than as a reference for mechanics.
Also since they do not have a console specific forum, there no telling if they changed mechanics between PC and console version.
so there is not definite answer to your question available atm as far as i know.
We all are pc version users here cept the few console players who come to ask a question etc.
Reply Quote
This is fantastic. I now understand why my witching hour took me to a whole new level of damage - far more than what an 18k increase should feel like. I gained four ticks. What should have been only a 10% gain in total DPS, behaves more like a 30%+ gain. Yes I am killing stuff at least 30% faster. The 9% gain in attack speed pushed me from 26 to 30 ticks. &&^#^# yeah! Thanks again bro for taking the time to explain this ESSENTIAL mechanic so clearly. I had heard there were aps break points that fundamentally affected your character, but now I really understand why and how that is.
Reply Quote
View profile
Bump to see how many views this had:)

More than any class sticky, (and possibly any thread ever created by a player), GG Nubtro!
Edited by RagingKoala#1984 on 3/6/2014 3:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
ww will never be viable
Reply Quote
03/06/2014 07:57 PMPosted by Wayneold
ww will never be viable

Says the guy with 23k dps lol...
WW is fine, just use a big slow 2Hander with fat damage and never have trouble with fury again.
Reply Quote
Posted by Wayneold
ww will never be viable

Says the guy with 23k dps lol...
WW is fine, just use a big slow 2Hander with fat damage and never have trouble with fury again.

Says the guy to...

The guy who pioneered WW:RLTW.
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 12:39 AMPosted by Anwin

Wait, he did?
Reply Quote
Posted by Anwin

Wait, he did?

Yes, one of our Barb Pioneers. A little respect maybe?
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 02:56 AMPosted by Anwin
Posted by Anwin

Wait, he did?

Yes, one of our Barb Pioneers. A little respect maybe?

Interesting, is there a thread of where it all started?
Reply Quote
Heh, thanks Anwin. I was being silly posting that anyway, I deserve a silly response.

Back on topic though, even though this thread is no longer relevant in the same capacity it was before, I just glanced back over it and was thinking how many hours it must have taken Nubtro to do all this, and then subsequently how many hours were spent by people using his calculations to try to optimize their barb. The time spent on all of this as a collective effort of gathering and interpreting this data is just incredible.
Reply Quote
I thought some guy whos name started with a D made the WW/RLTW build? Something like Dyno or Deno.
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 08:24 AMPosted by MASKOAA
I thought some guy whos name started with a D made the WW/RLTW build? Something like Dyno or Deno.

Dino is who you are talking about. He popularized the build on these forums, but there is much contention to who actually "started" the build....which is now a moot point.
Reply Quote
View profile
Nubtro trying to stealth update this thread :) Caughtcha ;)
Reply Quote
Awesome Nubtro! And good catch Koala!

It's good to see Sprint/WW is still viable. Since Chilanik's Chain is dependent on War Cry for the bonus movement speed, the option now is to drop Sprint/RLTW or BR.
Reply Quote
If the fury cost is (7+3*aps)/(3*aps) per tick and it ticks for 3*aps per second then it costs 7+3*aps fury per second.

The damage per second is 275%*aps

27.5%weapon dmg per fury when aps=1 and 35.869%weapon dmg per fury when aps=1.5.

The most cost efficient skill is HOTA with smash rune having 32% weapon dmg per fury.

This would make ww to be the most fury efficient skill. Even for single target?

Did I get anything wrong?
Reply Quote
OP you put a lot of work into this and should be remembered for that.. but I gotta say the "updated for RoS mechanics" portion of the post is kind of a joke. Should have just said in one line or so "build doesn't work anymore."

Whirlwind still is the best fury spender barb move imo, but it's not nearly as fun without old huricane and without old Into the Fray. Just not the same at all :)
Reply Quote
So i read it but my head kinda explodes of things like this, still a nice read.

So can someone conslusion it?
Like i myself tried WW abit and furywise its the same damage as Hota but when i try it
it just do crazy less damage against mobs.

So attackspeed is rly nice etc?
Is it viable?
Meh, its so hard this skill dunno why its so ahrd rly, why cant blizzard just texzt in ingame or something..
Meh...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]