04/22/2014 04:24 AMI have also come to the conclusion that for most builds, after fury on crits was removed,
Posted by Nubtro
attack speed is not very high on my priority list and the primary/secondary affix system puts it under even more pressure.
Amulet - elemental, strength, crit damage, crit chance
Gloves - strength, crit damage, crit chance, vitality/cooldown
SoJ - elemental, strength, elite, crit chance/crit damage
Grandeur - strength, crit damage, crit chance,
Unity - strength, elite, crit damage, crit chance
Less attack speed makes fury management easier in general. On the other hand, as was discussed in the previous posts, WW/Sprint are among the most cost efficient damage dealers we have, plus one has a specific non-linear cost formula and the other always costs the same, so they are an exception to the rule.
But overall, the gameplay shifted between vanilla and RoS and new popular stuff like LeapQuake and Boulder Toss don´t really benefit from increased attack speed at all or not very much.
As for weapon procs and elemental skill bonuses, I really dislike testing them because the devs may hotfix them whenever they want without having to to tell us as it´s hidden info for now anyway. Even the explanation of the SoH "fix" was very vague.
I´ll take a look at Odyn Son again when I´m online, it wouldn´t hurt if the effect tooltip at least told us how much weapon damage it deals. I mean Thunderfury´s is 5 lines long so "space" can´t be the issue :)
That's pretty much what I go for, Elemental damage/Strength > CC/CHD (to keep a 1:10 ratio between them) > AS.
With the exception of the amulet where you can choose to take CHD instead of Elemental as CHD goes up to 100% on amulets. Which I didn't for the moment as i had a perfect 20% Elemental and I'm already at 1:10 CC/CHD ratio.
For each piece I'd say:
- Helm: Strength / CC / Slot / WW damge. With a special case for Andarielle Elem / Strength / CC / WW Damage. That means you need a perfect base item as you'll change the native AS by WW damage or CC.
- Shoulders: Strength / Vita / AR / %HP or CDR (Not all legendaries shoulders allow AR on them for what I saw).
- Gloves: Strength / Vita / CC / CHD.
- Chest: Strength / Vita / AR ( or melee reduction or reduction from elites, but seems hard to have it) / 3 slots.
- Bracers: Elemental / Strength / Vita / CC.
- Belt: Strength / Vita / AR / % HP. Or Thundergod with Elemental / Strength / Vita / AR.
- Legs: Strength / Vita / AR / 2 sockets.
- Feet: Strength / Vita / AR / WW damage.
- Amulet and rings : what you said.
That's for a generic legendaries setup. What I'm precisely aiming for would be:
- Helm: Andariel. Elemental / Strength / CC / WW damage.
- Shoulders: Auguild. Strength / Vita / AR (if possible on Auguild) / %HP (or zone damage).
- Gloves: nothing special, the 10 min on shrines maybe. Strength / Vita / CC / CHD.
- Chest: Auguild. Strength / Vita / AR (or -10% from elites if it can have it) / 3 Slots.
- Bracers: Reaper's Wraps. Elemental / Strength / Vita / CC.
- Belt: Thundergod's Vigor (Chilanik for speed runs). Elemental / Strength / Vita / AR.
- Legs: Mr Yan. Strength / Vita / AR / 2 Slots.
- Feet: Iceclimbers. Strength / Vita / AR / WW damage.
- Amulet: the fire or arcane immunity. Strength / AS / CC / CHD.
- Ring 1: SoJ (can be changed by Unity for higher torments). Elemental / Strength / CC (or CHD) / Elite damages.
- Ring 2: RoRG (for Auguild's second bonus). Strength / AS / CC / CHD.
- Weapons: two amongst SoH, TF and OS. I'd think about SoH/TF for the moment, because they are of the same weapon type and thus you can take full payback from the AS you have. OS got stronger damages from its proc than TF, but TF is good for survivability with the -30% enemy's attack speed and movement. For the stats: Strength / damage to elites (seems hard to get >.<) / Slot.
A Sun keeper may be a good choice too. In combo with OS then to have a mace in each hand for tresholds.
That's what I'm planing for right now. There are some part that can't be moved like pants, boots, head and bracers because the items have a special skill that makes them BiS. Some may prefer Strongarms bracers rather than reaper. But Reapers often come in handy for fury generation, there are lots of moments where I would be fury starved without them. And they allow me to use Sprint much more than a Strongarm user, which in term of time to finish a Rift/Prime is equal to a lot of dps gain.
A note on AR on shoulders. I made my 2 Aughuild pieces yesterday and as I already had a tip of it some days ago, AR on shoulders is really strange. I had AR on some of my tries, but on the ones I'm currently wearing I'm not allowed to reroll AR. I can see only two reasons to that (both having no logic): you're only allowed to have AR at first stats' pick during creation of the item or it's the +armor stat that 'block' AR, they would be exclusives. I had the same case with another kind of shoulders (the ones on my Crusaders) which got +armor and where i can't reroll for AR.