Diablo® III

Kripparian Best Barb d3 ?

Anyone have Screen shots of gear / Barbs better than kripparians ?
Reply Quote
Last I checked kripp wasn't anywhere near top geared. Link his current gear.
Reply Quote
hes a skill player not a rmah jockey. im sure you can find lots of barbs here with over 130k dps.
Reply Quote
respect for mad skillz
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I concur, Kripp is a skill player and as such he often levels up with inferior gear and superior talents. Once at the top he upgrades his gearset from the Gold AH, then farms Inferno for gear and patterns, which he also uses to upgrade his gear with. He's crafty like that. :-)
Reply Quote
skill player lol

this is diablo 3 there is no skill
Reply Quote
^ D3 = 99% gear 1%skill
Reply Quote
true but if you can clear inferno on hardcore with a 7000 dps barbarian, youre one of the few players with that 1% skill.
Reply Quote
skill player lol

then clear inferno hardcore with a barb, or any class for that matter. Or spend less than 500K on your gear in total and clear inferno softcore with a barb. If other people can then so should you right? Tired of people saying theres no skill involved. I've played in games with people much more geared than me and do much better, I wonder why???
Edited by Yao#1420 on 7/9/2012 9:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I find that my style of play is fun, full out dps 110k dps so far, with only 3 Ilevel 63 items so lots of room to upgrade, and I can clear everything in inferno, However, the game Diablo has never been about beating the game.

Its about doing it 10000 times

Also there is alot of better players than this guy, they just don't make videos, as myself I play the game for myself, I don't need to make a video to show people "hey look at me!"
Edited by Mystblade#1661 on 7/9/2012 9:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
skill player lol

then clear inferno hardcore with a barb, or any class for that matter. Or spend less than 500K on your gear in total and clear inferno softcore with a barb. If other people can then so should you right? Tired of people saying theres no skill involved. I've played in games with people much more geared than me and do much better, I wonder why???

LOL @ you seriously. This is diablo, not starcraft of some shyt. You're deluding yourself if you think you're actually more 'skilled' than the average gamer at diablo.

The only people who could be bad at this game are the kids who are less than 6 years old.

Diablo requires a different kind of skill from games like dota and starcraft. In diablo, the people who are more geared than you are probably more skilled than you, provided they didnt spend any RL money.

In diablo, skills refers to being able to come up with builds or being able to gear your character properly to farm. There is no such thing as 'in game skill' in Diablo because every skill and mechanic is so p!ss easy to use or master.
Edited by Loser#6723 on 7/9/2012 9:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote

LOL @ you seriously. This is diablo, not starcraft of some shyt. You're deluding yourself if you think you're actually more 'skilled' than the average gamer at diablo.

The only people who could be bad at this game are the kids who are less than 6 years old.

Diablo requires a different kind of skill from games like dota and starcraft. In diablo, the people who are more geared than you are probably more skilled than you, provided they didnt spend any RL money.

In diablo, skills refers to being able to come up with builds or being able to gear your character properly to farm. There is no such thing as 'in game skill' in Diablo because every skill and mechanic is so p!ss easy to use or master.

This is what i thought about high school math, then I see people failing. Then I learned to each their own.

Then i played wow, thought people wouldn't stand in fire, then people did. To each their own.

Are there fires on the ground in d3? Would you classify dodging !@#$ skill? Or do you conclude that dodging !@#$ not a skill, cause then there will be no games out there that requires skill then.

Last time i checked, dodging !@#$ on the ground or projectiles still counts as skill in dota or league of legend. Maybe the times have changed that everyone in dota can dodge pudge hooks, mirana arrows, ashe arrows, or ezreal ults where the only people couldn't dodge them are as you classified, 6 year olds.
Edited by Represent#1424 on 7/9/2012 9:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote

This is what i thought about high school math, then I see people failing. Then I learned to each their own.

Then i played wow, thought people wouldn't stand in fire, then people did. To each their own.

Are there fires on the ground in d3? Would you classify dodging !@#$ skill? Or do you conclude that dodging !@#$ not a skill, cause then there will be no games out there that requires skill then.

Last time i checked, dodging !@#$ on the ground or projectiles still counts as skill in dota or league of legend. Maybe the times have changed that everyone in dota can dodge pudge hooks, mirana arrows, ashe arrows, or ezreal ults where the only people couldn't dodge them are as you classified, 6 year olds.

Wtf? Name me one thing in diablo which is even half as difficult as dodging a pudge hook or ashe arrow. You can't. Because diablo isn't a SKILL-BASED game like dota or LoL. It is a gear based game, everything in diablo revolves around gear and builds, that's the way it has always been since diablo 2.
Edited by Loser#6723 on 7/9/2012 10:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
[quote]

I think you're trying a little too hard to glorify d3. I play all the said games above (sc1/2, lol, dota, wow, etc) and i play them H A R D and I can tell you you are comparing apples and oranges.
First, most of those are pvp. Though the skill sets (required to excel) are different in pve (d3, at the moment) and pvp (the said games), you HAVE TO admit that pvp requires more; if you can't see that then there isn't even a point in arguing. Pvp is a lot more unpredictable so you need more in: reflex, team coordination, and intuition which is hardly the case in d3.
Second, every encounter (be it pve = wow, or pvp = other said games) has a lot more things for you to pay attention to than d3 (this is often the reason why people die in fire in wow, because so many distractions and diverting their attention, hence they can't see the fire under them). And I can't believe you even mentioned wow in this comparison. The complexity of boss encounters in wow makes d3 look like preschool art classes so please don't even go there.
High school math is a joke but people fail at it because there are other distractions that occupy their minds. Just like the mechanics, transitions, and team coordination in wow that make people fail in fires.
Reply Quote

Wtf? Name me one thing in diablo which is even half as difficult as dodging a pudge hook or ashe arrow. You can't. Because diablo isn't a SKILL-BASED game like dota or LoL. It is a gear based game, everything in diablo revolves around gear and builds, that's the way it has always been since diablo 2.

Did you not understand the whole point of my post? Something like dodging a pudge hook or ashe arrow might seem easy to someone who has superb reflexes, but to someone who don't, it might seem hard. AGAIN, to each their own. To someone who has normal reflexes, diablo 3 mechanics such as fire/poison on the ground or laser might seem easy to avoid (oh and please don't pretend you've never died to them), someone who has inferior reflexes might have trouble at this aspect.

If you choose to ignore the point of my post due to the subjectiveness of the examples given by me, then there is no point continuing discussing this particular topic since there won't be an ending.

When i said to each their own, I account for the fact that there are people out there who thinks diablo 3 mechanics are so dumbed down and easy to avoid, especially with good gear. However, there is no reason to ignore the fact that there are people not as fortunately as you.

I think you're trying a little too hard to glorify d3. I play all the said games above (sc1/2, lol, dota, wow, etc) and i play them H A R D and I can tell you you are comparing apples and oranges.
First, most of those are pvp. Though the skill sets (required to excel) are different in pve (d3, at the moment) and pvp (the said games), you HAVE TO admit that pvp requires more; if you can't see that then there isn't even a point in arguing. Pvp is a lot more unpredictable so you need more in: reflex, team coordination, and intuition which is hardly the case in d3.
Second, every encounter (be it pve = wow, or pvp = other said games) has a lot more things for you to pay attention to than d3 (this is often the reason why people die in fire in wow, because so many distractions and diverting their attention, hence they can't see the fire under them). And I can't believe you even mentioned wow in this comparison. The complexity of boss encounters in wow makes d3 look like preschool art classes so please don't even go there.
High school math is a joke but people fail at it because there are other distractions that occupy their minds. Just like the mechanics, transitions, and team coordination in wow that make people fail in fires.

First of all, I am not trying to comparing pve to pvp. I am trying to comparing myself in pvp to other people in pvp (dota/league of legends) as well as myself in pve to other people in pve (wow raiding/ diablo 3). In the example in wow, I didn't compare the fire on the ground in wow to ground aoes in league or dota. I stated how I felt it was easy to avoid fire yet there are people who doesn't. When i was young, i thought people that stands in the fire are challenged (gaming wise), then i realized that there are people who are not in the same circumstances as myself.

Same as in dota, i thought that it was easy to dodge hooks or avoid arrowed, yet there are people in games that gets gibbed consistantly by them. I am not comparing these pvp mechanics to say, fire on the ground in pve, i am putting myself in the situation where i thought "easy" mechanics should be easy to everyone, yet it is not true. It's not that the game mechanics are dumb, it's that people are different.

Second of all, i dont feel i am trying hard at all, nor am i glorifying diablo 3. I never justified that diablo 3 mechanics are hard nor dota/sc2/league/etc mechanics are easy nor am i trying to compare the difficulty of the mechanics. I am simplying saying that everyone is different. Like i said above, i am not going to argue the specifics as there won't be an ending due to the subjectiveness of this topic.
Edited by Represent#1424 on 7/9/2012 1:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Pretty sure Kripp would be the first to admit he's not the best on softcore because softcore = gear. Still he's fun to watch and done things on a big public stage so grats to him. Anyone who can figure out how to make gold or who doesn't mind spending cash can be as good or better than his character on softcore though.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure anyone would admit im the #1 barb
Reply Quote
The only skill in D3 is dodging !@#$ / don't stand in %^-*, which is pretty easy to do for an average person. Sure, you can argue the game experience differs due to players having different reflex speeds. However, the key thing is that in D3 the mistakes a player made does not have a huge impact on his progression. Sure, the worse player might take a few more hits from fire or arrow - but that just means he needs to take a longer break in between fights and may use more potions. His overall gaming experience in relative to similar geared player with similar builds should be roughly the same.

Let's look at Starcraft 2 and WoW as comparison.

Sc2:
A bad zerg player occasionally forgets to inject larva. He would NOT have similar experience as the player with slower reflex in the D3 case. Because that means he would not have enough drones/units to defend or attack at any state of the game.
A lot of competitive matches rely on players doing everything perfectly.

WoW:
A rogue with slower reflex who plays arena would NOT have similar experience as the average rogues. Why? A rogue pvp skills lies heavily on accurately interrupting his opponents' casting, popping defensive CDs, accurately timing disarm against melee opponents at the right moment, and of course clever trinket use against another rogue.
Any rogue who do not have enough experience would not react fast enough in a face paced arena game.

Conclusion: anyone who says D3 does not take any skills usually do not mean it literally, but in a broad sense that this game does not differentiate players' skills effectively.
Reply Quote
07/09/2012 02:56 PMPosted by Cutha
this game does not differentiate players' skills effectively.

There in lies the problem, it is too gear based. Skill in this game is more defined on how much gold you've farmed (be it AH or straight up gold farming) than how "skilled" you are as a player.
Reply Quote
07/07/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Wardaddy
I concur, Kripp is a skill player and as such he often levels up with inferior gear and superior talents. Once at the top he upgrades his gearset from the Gold AH, then farms Inferno for gear and patterns, which he also uses to upgrade his gear with. He's crafty like that. :-)

Levels up with inferior gear? You mean exploits quest turn-ins to go from 1-60 in 4 hours like the rest of his team No Life buddies :p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]