Diablo® III

Brother locked out of Battlenet for no reason

My brothers Diablo 3 and Battlenet account just got closed because of suspicious activity. He has not done anything out of the ordinary at all , all he did was try to log in to play. Now support says send ticket to them , but it requires you to log in , um ? how does he log in if his acc has been closed , so i used my acc to log in and submit a ticket for him , more than 2 days later now and nothing has changed nor have we recieved any response from support. He may aswell throw his copy of Diablo 3 away that he paid for. As even entering the first 6 digits of his CD key does not work , nor does his answer to his secret question !!! None of my posts get answered either , so it seems there is absolutely no way for him to play again. Im open to any suggestions from someone from SUPPORT that actually sees this
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
The Suspicious Activity system is put in place to protect you from people trying to log in from other locations. It detects a change in your access pattern (there are several factors including IP) and will lock the account and send an email. To get back in you need to reset your password using your secret question. This is working as intended. The system SHOULD learn your usual login patterns and accommodate them. For example I can log in from home and work and have no issues once it learned my patterns.

Why would it happen to you?

1. You logged in from a new location (the obvious answer)
2. You are using software that changes your IP. People do this to lower thier ping and latency but it can trigger the lockout system.
3. You are playing somewhere with a very dynamic IP
4. A hacker is trying to get into your account but does not have access to your email/secret question so can't get in.

If he does not remember his Secret Question then HE has to be the one to contact Billing and Account Support. They will only deal with the rightful account holder that matches the name on the account. He needs to give them a call when they open at 7am PDT/10am EDT. Use Skype or a land line to reduce disconnects and wasted cell minutes. Keep spam dialing until you get in queue and then STAY there, even if the wait is over an hour. That is the fastest way to resolve this. http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I'm having this same issue and I was 15 when I made my security question.... "If you could have another name what would it be?". All of my game purchases have been digital so I don't have the game keys..... This is very disheartening. I was looking forward to playing and now I have to jump through hoops to log in?! Ugh. E-mail verification not enough apparently....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]