Diablo® III

How to convert gold to money?

Anyone have a version factor? Say you sell an item for 20 dollars.

How much gold does that translate to? I know you can't convert directly but there has to be a conversion factor that someone has come up with?
Reply Quote
Gold value is constantly dropping. Chinese farmers are going for less than $2 per million now.
Reply Quote
yesterday it was 1.2$ to 1mil from the chinese. Now commodities are out on RMAH, it will drop further. Good rule of thumb atm is 1$ = 1mil.
Reply Quote
How do you find out what the chinese markets are doing?

Where do you get such information?
Reply Quote
Also how do "chinese farmers" benefit from selling this gold for real money since the real money remains in the blizzard auction house, and can't be converted to real "real money" as in real life.

As in...once the real money goes into real money auction house...it stays there and become fungible with gold rather than being actual real money.
Edited by Acrobat#1221 on 7/10/2012 4:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How do you find out what the chinese markets are doing?

Where do you get such information?

You google it. I won't post links, obviously.

Also how do "chinese farmers" benefit from selling this gold for real money since the real money remains in the blizzard auction house, and can't be converted to real "real money" as in real life.

As in...once the real money goes into real money auction house...it stays there and become fungible with gold rather than being actual real money.

What? You think they sell gold via the AH? Hahahaahahahah. Also, you can cash out of the RMAH, for a 15% fee.
Edited by aimlessgun#1954 on 7/10/2012 4:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/10/2012 04:04 PMPosted by yun
Just because gold farmers are selling it doesn't mean that people buying in $ is making that connection and paying the proper ratio. Most items I sell I can get more than 2$ for because that certain market is skewed and has not caught up yet. My advice: a higher demand in something generally means that people will pay a higher ratio $ for it than gold.

So what's in high demand with your theory?

weapons?

I feel like there are many more items in gold market so with items where there are few of them, it's probably harder for the market to achieve equilibrium price at times.
Edited by Acrobat#1221 on 7/10/2012 7:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The "official" conversion rate right now would be the ability the turn money directly into gold. That would be done with say Radiant Emerald. Which is 35 bucks for 22m. With blizz cut thats 1.87 USD per million. If you can sell outside the ah for 22 that's 1.59 USD per million.
Reply Quote
the current going rate is $1.5 USD to a million outside of the game
Reply Quote
07/10/2012 08:35 PMPosted by Amuse
the current going rate is $1.5 USD to a million outside of the game

any updates on conversions today?
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]