Diablo® III

Naabski's Full Glass Cannon RoF Spec

There's something wrong with this build... For instance, Ray of Frost and Venom Hydra can't crit, so therefore crit damage and crit chance are completely and 100% useless.

So why are they primary stats?

No, the only stats that matter in this build are Int and IAS for damage since IAS increases how fast RoF and Poison Pools tick.

So you only need Int and IAS for damage, enough VIT to hit 32k, and then it's just kiting and life regeneration from then on ie, Movement Speed, Life Regen, Life Steal, and Life Convert.

Ray of frost does crit, and I play this build every day and night so I can tell you that I do crit over 200k damage. Hydras don't crit, but the purpose of hydra is for supporting DPS and not your main source of DPS.
Reply Quote
Just tried this build and let me say, coming from the Melee Wizard build, this is horrible. You kill things faster, sure - but the amount of time spent running for your life doesn't make it worthwhile unless your gear collection trivializes the encounter.

You can't even slow down any minions!

This comment confuses me a bit. If you are a melee wizard, You obviously have melee wizard gear. This means high vit, high resists, and low damage. Using this build with melee wizard gear is totally counterproductive. This build is all about killing things as fast as possible. The dps given by melee wizard gear does not cater well to dps reliant build. So unless you are using godly melee wizard gear with high dps AND survivability, your opinion on this build is irrelevant.

Completely agree that melee wizard gear is terrible for this build and is completely opposite of the gear that this spec requires. I will be updating the guide and adding the item build to it tomorrow, so come back and check it by tomorrow night.
Reply Quote
Hi naabski, im so glad to see another wiz with ROF spec.
im running a similar spec with a different gear set up.. more on the defensive side..

Hi Tengeo, I checked out your vid and I like what you are doing. However our builds are different, but I am happy to see another wizard use ray of frost. I sent you a friend request ingame so we can talk and maybe play together. See ya!
Reply Quote
07/15/2012 10:47 PMPosted by lulzfactor
I saw your stream and tried ROF... didn't like it lol... I'm kind of hooked on archon...

We all have our own play style, and you will have the most success with the build that fits your play style. But its cool that you tried it out, I personally don't like archon, but that is just me.
Reply Quote
Ray of Frost DOES NOT CRIT. I have over 27% crit and I have NEVER seen it crit once.
Reply Quote
Ray of Frost DOES NOT CRIT. I have over 27% crit and I have NEVER seen it crit once

Ray of frost crits do not show up in yellow, so do not be confused by that. This skill definitely crits. I have played this build for over 500 hours and I think I would notice by now if it didn't.
Reply Quote
07/16/2012 02:58 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
How do you beat jailers or elites faster than you without teleport, freezing, or serious tanking?

These groups are generally a problem for us glass cannon, but the best strategy I can offer here is that it is a DPS war. You will need to use everything you got (diamond skin, potions) and kill them before they kill you.

Fighting groups like this generally will require more DPS than usual, 70k DPS+ (Act 3 Inferno) to be successful and having high life regen and high dodge chance will prevail in these fights.
Reply Quote
This build helped me progress past where i was stuck, thank you for sharing it.
Reply Quote
will try, it looks like an interesting build.

The most interesting thing to me is you don't care a lot about resists..this WOULD open a whole new world in terms of gear/DPS to me if resists can basically be neglected. Will try this build.
Reply Quote
There seems to be a few variations of glass cannon gearing (listed below). What is the 'general' order of cheapest to most expensive that people think?

1) Pure damage GC - 150K-200K DPS, 25K health, 200AR, 5000armor, no life regen
2) "Defensive" GC - 100K DPS, 27K health, 800-900AR, 7000armor, no life regen
3) Average GC - 100K DPS, 25K health, 500AR, 7000armor, 1000 life regen

If you want to know where I got these figures from - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6079753046?page=3#48
Basically its what I observed from some peoples glass cannon builds - the names I totally made up :P

Want to know which is the easiest/cheapest to gear for!
Reply Quote
And there is NO WAY you can kill extra health, fast , reflect damage, molten. Just no way with that build.
Reply Quote
07/18/2012 09:07 PMPosted by PoXx
And there is NO WAY you can kill extra health, fast , reflect damage, molten. Just no way with that build.

If you cant kill that with ANY build...you need to uninstall.
Reply Quote
07/18/2012 09:19 PMPosted by robotj

If you cant kill that with ANY build...you need to uninstall.

Dem Trolls, Tooooo strong bro.

Too Bad I already uninstalled homie, the game is terrible. Enjoy the Bot infested, duped, gold farmed piece of trash of a game you troll.
Reply Quote

It very much depends on what type of elite monster that this is. For example one of the worst ones to have these affixes are the ones right outside of Areat's Gate in Act 3, the jumping critters that explode into poison when they die. Those are by far the worst monster to fight using my glassy build. To defeat them, it generally requires a higher dps than the rest of act 3 does, because you will be fighting a DPS war with them, "kill them, before they kill you". Concentrate on 1 at a time, and you will start taking them down. I have done this on stream and succeeded in killing these elites with reflect / fast / molten / and another terrible affix. It may even take a few deaths to defeat these kind of elites.

But my suggestion is whenever you come across a really tough elite, and you don't want to waste many deaths... then there is no shame in skipping it. Every class and build in the game has its weakness from arcane enchanted, to reflect damage, to mortar, vortex or jailer.
Reply Quote
check out my disintegrate build in this thread

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6079753775

we use a lot of the same principles, but I try to go defensive enough so I do not have to kite.

Feel free to drop a comment in my thread and let me know what you think :)
Reply Quote
07/18/2012 03:48 PMPosted by PoXx
Ray of Frost DOES NOT CRIT. I have over 27% crit and I have NEVER seen it crit once.

I'm not surprised. The is a bug where it doesnt show any critical hits. However it does crit. Its really noticeable when you have high dps with 300% crit damage and you really see the difference on the health bar when you crit.
Reply Quote

Reflect damage isnt a problem, as you can have life drain, life on hit etc gear to ignore refect damage. you can also use diamond skin, and with a high crit change and critical mass diamond skin will be up very quickly.

Naabski I assume has faster than 12% movement (maybe 25%?) which means he can kite faster than most - but not all - elite fast packs.

Molten I dont find a problem if you have room to move around. Its where you are in a narrow tunnel that its an issue. You can always diamond skin it. I rarely die to molten damage using this build.

Extra health is an issue on some elite packs depending on the base creature type, that said if your faster than they are, have kite room and have good dps they will go down.

I've killed such elite packs with this build in inferno act 1-3.
Edited by Pandemic#2921 on 7/19/2012 1:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]