Diablo® III

The Longest Surviving NPCs

So for whatever reason, Jay Wilson and company deceided it would be "fun" for the community if the most iconic NPC of the Diablo series, Deckard Cain, was killed off this "version" of the Diablo series. I call it a "version" because let's be real, this isn't really a Diablo game.

Anyway, before I go completely off track with all that, my original intent of this post was to bring to light something that bothers me on the story aspect of the game now.

As I mentioned above, everyone's favorite old grandpa-like NPC, Deckard Cain, has been slain by pew pewing butterflies. The badass angel, Tyreal, is reduced to nothing more than a mere mortal. Diablo dies at the end of Act 4, or at least until the expansion. So...as of right now, the ONLY character remaining from previous Diablos is Adria the Witch. She is also the ONLY character to have gained status from previous Diablos.

Deckard Cain - Dead
Tyreal - Mortal
Griswold - Killed at the end of D1, killed as a zombie in D2
Wirt - Dead in D2
Warriv - Dead in D3
Butcher - Dead...again?
King Leoric - Dead...again?
Diablo - Dead until future announcements

And Last But not least...

Adria the Witch - Simple merchant in Diablo 1...mother of Leah/spawn of Diablo...the reason for Diablo "walking the earth" again.

I have a really hard time keeping Diablo up near the top of the list when there's nothing left from what made Diablo interesting. Ah well...here's to hoping that the expansion reveals that the entirety of Acts 1 - 4 were just a dream sequence. As lame as that sounds, I sure would find that more interesting than what we were force fed on this one.
Reply Quote
Let's not forget Asheara of the Iron Wolves...she not only survived the last two games, she found a better job.

:)
Reply Quote
Let's not forget Asheara of the Iron Wolves...she not only survived the last two games, she found a better job.

:)

Yeah, she found a better job for herself...but I think we all liked the way she looked a LOT better in D2! o.O

More armor on Asheara = downgrade to me! lol
Reply Quote
Her Iron Wolves also appear to have taken a step back. I didn't see them cast any spells, since they are....sorcerers.
Reply Quote
You know, I didn't actually care about any of that really until I read you post o.O now I'm like "he's right! that is pretty lame!"
Reply Quote
How did warriv die? :( dont remmeber that part
Reply Quote
http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Warriv

His corpse makes an appearance in Act 1 of Diablo III. Not far from New Tristram he is found with a journal mentioning the bad luck he has had since aiding the travellers hunting the Dark Wanderer. He was looking for Deckard Cain to help "banish the shadow hanging over my life" when he met his end next to his upturned caravan.

It doesn't say how he died, but he was probably attacked and killed by zombies. Poor guy :(
Reply Quote
View profile
butcher is different

he is not even d1 one.

king leoric kinda returned from d1, undead again

claw vipers=d3 snake things
Reply Quote
butcher is different

he is not even d1 one.

king leoric kinda returned from d1, undead again

claw vipers=d3 snake things

The Butcher is in Diablo 1.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/The_Butcher_(Diablo_I)
He is in Dungeon Level 2.

Also important to note:
He is also referred to in the description of Tristram from Diablo III, as a warrior describes the time he entered Tristram. Another demon called "The Butcher" serves as the act boss for Act I of Diablo III, possibly implying that a "Butcher" is simply a class of unique demon rather than an individual.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]