Diablo® III

Automatic bidding?

I was trying to bid on a torso and I was immediately outbid as soon as I confirm the bidding. I try to re-bid and it keeps happening.

So is people using macro to do this or am I missing a function in the AH? Thanks.
Reply Quote
Same thing happened with me today. Looks like some are running a macro. Isn't it illegal?
Reply Quote
Proxy bidding, that is all.
Reply Quote
Blizzard has allowed Botters in this game since day one it looks like so enjoy the game while you can cause not many will be playing in a few months.Leaving all that crap in their Auction house unsold.Yes you best believe they are cheating many.By the thousands.Blizzard cllaims they are banning but it isnt helping anything.

Dont watch or support streams why most are cheating in some way.Its almost as if they are working for Blizzard.

To above poster wth is proxy bidding?
Edited by JacobsHell#1185 on 12/14/2012 7:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
I was trying to bid on a torso and I was immediately outbid as soon as I confirm the bidding. I try to re-bid and it keeps happening.

So is people using macro to do this or am I missing a function in the AH? Thanks.

Nothing shady here. You just obviously don't know how the bidding actually works.

Everytime you bid, you set YOUR MAXIMUM BID.

Someone else has set certain Maximum bid... let's say 2 000 000 for an item... and let's say the current bid that it shows you, is 1 200 000..... as long as you keep bidding his minimum bid higher.... for example to 1 400 000 then his bid will automatically win, because his maximum bid is set to 2 000 000 ... you can keep bidding as long as you reach his maximum bid, after which you are winning the bidding. If you bid 2 200 000, then you are winning the bid, but every time you bid below 2 000 000, it will raise the "shown current bid", and you keep automatically losing the bid, and he is still winning... and it tells you, you were "outbid".

I don't know if that was very clear explanation how it works, but I hope you understood it.

Thing is... you set MAXIMUM bid, when you bid, but it doesn't mean that CURRENT bid is that high. Setting maximum bid makes it so, that you don't have to be online all than time, to outbid your competition. You can just set how high you will automatically bid.

This is how AH actually works. There are no gnomes or fairies involved.
Reply Quote
It's amazing how many people don't know how the AH works lol

How do you people have 1000s of elite kills yet not understand a basic function of the game you've been playing for hundreds of hours lololol
Edited by databandit#1705 on 12/14/2012 7:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 07:24 PMPosted by JacobsHell

its the system Diablo AH's employ for bidding.
Reply Quote
OP is not talking about

Nothing shady here. You just obviously don't know how the bidding actually works.

Everytime you bid, you set YOUR MAXIMUM BID.

Someone else has set certain Maximum bid... let's say 2 000 000 for an item... and let's say the current bid that it shows you, is 1 200 000..... as long as you keep bidding his minimum bid higher.... for example to 1 400 000 then his bid will automatically win, because his maximum bid is set to 2 000 000 ... you can keep bidding as long as you reach his maximum bid, after which you are winning the bidding. If you bid 2 200 000, then you are winning the bid, but every time you bid below 2 000 000, it will raise the "shown current bid", and you keep automatically losing the bid, and he is still winning... and it tells you, you were "outbid".

I don't know if that was very clear explanation how it works, but I hope you understood it.

Thing is... you set MAXIMUM bid, when you bid, but it doesn't mean that CURRENT bid is that high. Setting maximum bid makes it so, that you don't have to be online all than time, to outbid your competition. You can just set how high you will automatically bid.

This is how AH actually works. There are no gnomes or fairies involved.

OP talking about bidding, & Winning current bid on it * thus raising the maximum bid * and then automatically sniped and no longer winning bid. this is not the case of someone else placing a higher bid and he cant get up to that bid and it just shows he havent bid enough.
Reply Quote
OP talking about bidding, & Winning current bid on it * thus raising the maximum bid * and then automatically sniped and no longer winning bid. this is not the case of someone else placing a higher bid and he cant get up to that bid and it just shows he havent bid enough.

No he isn't. He never was winning the bid.

I love how the 1st few posters go blaming bots with no clue how bidding works.
Reply Quote
if the OP wasn't bidding past the maximum, then he wasnt exactly clear.. but my point still is valid lol. and it has happened to me. either by dumb luck or some sort of slick devices they were able to snipe win on the very last second ;)
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 07:58 PMPosted by Skuldrak
if the OP wasn't bidding past the maximum, then he wasnt exactly clear.. but my point still is valid lol. and it has happened to me. either by dumb luck or some sort of slick devices they were able to snipe win on the very last second ;)

Oh I snipe all the time. I was just making it clear that it isn't the case in this topic. Many people use stopwatches to snipe in the final 5-10 seconds.
Reply Quote
true, thats a very reasonable window and i like that.. and do agree.. these werent the final 5-10 though :P but ya, if OP didn't beat the max placed bid he'd get that min bid is too low message over and over thus rendering my arguement in his favor pointless :P
Reply Quote

99.99% it's just proxy bidding.
Someone made a MAX BID bigger than yours. Your bids will only stop be automatically outbid until your bid is bigger than his original MAX BID. It's the system.

EDIT:
See the difference of this thread? OP asked a question about AH, so ppl will help.
Unlike those stupid threads which began with a statement "OMG AH BOTTERS OUTBID ME EVERYTIME THIS GAME IS BROKEN"
Edited by Contra#1729 on 12/14/2012 9:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
Blizzard has allowed Botters in this game since day one it looks like so enjoy the game while you can cause not many will be playing in a few months.Leaving all that crap in their Auction house unsold.Yes you best believe they are cheating many.By the thousands.Blizzard cllaims they are banning but it isnt helping anything.

Dont watch or support streams why most are cheating in some way.Its almost as if they are working for Blizzard.

You know...you lost all your credibility in making an argument when you
1. don't know what is proxy bidding
2. and don't know to GOOGLE IT.
Reply Quote

How do you people have 1000s of elite kills yet not understand a basic function of the game you've been playing for hundreds of hours lololol

Simple, there is no explanation for a non intuitive function anywhere in the game info. I figured this what how it worked after I overbid, won, and got cash back on my bid. But without testing, how would anyone know that is how it works?
Reply Quote

Simple, there is no explanation for a non intuitive function anywhere in the game info. I figured this what how it worked after I overbid, won, and got cash back on my bid. But without testing, how would anyone know that is how it works?

Actually...the AH did give you plain English instruction: place your MAX BID.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]