Diablo® III

ACT III: Is there any good reason why...

We had to descend two levels of a spire (Tower of the Damned), fight Cydaea for a bit, destroy a Sin Heart, traverse some terrain (Arreat Crater Lvl 2) and then....

Descend two more levels of a spire (Tower of the Cursed), fight Cydaea again, destroy another Sin Heart, then traverse some more terrain (The Core of Arreat)?
Edited by Donbot#1843 on 7/19/2012 12:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Because it's a Diablo game: the bosses never come to you.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf#1953 on 7/19/2012 6:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Because lazy game devs recycling content.

It's terrible and that's my least favorite part of the game.

You'll notice there's zero side areas in there, too. The few events (I can only think of one, it has no reward and just involves hitting six or so succubi to break their mind control over six humans who then run around until they die uselessly) are really lame and unrewarding as well.
Edited by Bianary#1174 on 7/19/2012 10:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/19/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Bianary
You'll notice there's zero side areas in there, too. The few events (I can only think of one, it has no reward and just involves hitting six or so succubi to break their mind control over six humans who then run around until they die uselessly) are really lame and unrewarding as well.

There is one event I found in there with a reward. Azmodan ambushes you after you open a chest with a large force. Reward being the chest.
Reply Quote
Same reason you had to go to open a lever in the sewers in two separate dungeon but equally the same, to collect two vials of blood in two separated dungeons and drop on another two different dungeons (but equally the same):

07/19/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Bianary
devs recycling content.

There is one event I found in there with a reward. Azmodan ambushes you after you open a chest with a large force. Reward being the chest.

That was in the Bastion Keep basement.
Reply Quote
07/19/2012 07:28 PMPosted by DarkSpell

Theres another one, not just that one. The one in Bastion Keep's basement is talking about shadows in the corner and your eyes n how you wont live to see your opponets, the one in the Crater is talking about your greed.
Reply Quote
07/20/2012 04:09 AMPosted by AscendedOne
Theres another one, not just that one. The one in Bastion Keep's basement is talking about shadows in the corner and your eyes n how you wont live to see your opponets, the one in the Crater is talking about your greed.

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for that one.

To the people going on about 'recycled content', you'll find it in many other levels in all the acts. But is it really worth complaining about? This isn't even recycling, it's making a bunch of levels with the same theme. If you paint one room and you have some left over paint, is it 'recycling' to use it to paint another room? If the devs didn't do this, then either D3 would be really, really short or we'd have to wait another year or two for it.
Reply Quote
07/20/2012 05:54 AMPosted by Wurg
To the people going on about 'recycled content', you'll find it in many other levels in all the acts. But is it really worth complaining about?
I probably wouldn't be as annoyed by it if the entire sequence wasn't considered one big quest. If I wanted to play it on public, I would basically have to start all the way at the very beginning and fight all the way through just to get to Azmodan.

There's not enough change in pace, gameplay or scenery that makes this specific point in the game a pleasant play-through, but of course that's my opinion.
Reply Quote
07/20/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Donbot
There's not enough change in pace, gameplay or scenery that makes this specific point in the game a pleasant play-through, but of course that's my opinion.

It's not just you, the pacing is terrible.

It basically feels like they thought "Oh Cydaea introducing herself and throwing four succubi at you is worth an entire boss fight, we can pretend that's a sub area." and that's how they justified FOUR AREAS OF SPIRAL STAIRS WITH NO SIDE AREAS OR QUESTS IN A ROW.

Then you get Cydaea, then one small zone, then Azmodan and you're done and going "What? Why wasn't the actual fight with Cydaea halfway down that to at least break up the monotony?"
Reply Quote
07/20/2012 04:09 AMPosted by AscendedOne

I ran into this once in all my playthroughs so it's pretty rare and also pretty lackluster.

I do get annoyed at all the repetition throughout the game but Arreat Crater has to be the worst. The later levels are pretty small so in theory it probably totals up to the same real estate as the other repetitive areas in the game but there is something worse about going through repetitive levels over and over than having fewer but larger maps with maybe some outdoor area to break it up a bit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]