Diablo® III

Follow-Up Points

(Locked)

07/10/2012 06:29 PMPosted by Vigilence
Everyone who used IAS benefited from it equally, so you point is invalid and so was the nerf.

Not quite entirely true - for example, several attack skills don't use attack speed at all, so the classes that have a lot of these skills would fall behind in comparison to people who gained more benefit from IAS.

Not, in my mind, a reason to nerf IAS - I instead would have found a way to factor in attack speeds into every attack skill instead - but I can see why that would be a good reason for someone else's vision.
07/10/2012 06:34 PMPosted by Scrappa
Every class can run at least 3 different builds.

Which demonstrates that Blizzard failed AT THEIR OWN GOALS for diablo 3.

How? I meant three unique builds, not only three sets of six skills.

If you include using one different skill a different "build" then you can have 50+ builds per class.
07/10/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Lylirra
We know that not all players will see eye-to-eye with us on how these categories are organized, and we expect some criticism and disagreement, especially from such a passionate group of gamers. While we're happy with where affix combos are right now, we're open to feedback and especially constructive discussion. :)

Hey Lylirra,

Suggest you group the monster affix considering melee and ranged.

THREE BUILDS, HOLY MOLY CALL THE FUN POLICE.

Unlike D2 where each class had say...15-20 builds that worked.

lol, there are trillion builds. Wink wink!

Aren't you thankful?
The majority of those are variants of the same build, and most won't even get you past act 1 nightmare.
Zeno
07/10/2012 06:29 PMPosted by Vigilence
it's not that it made characters too powerful, but rather that it caused a few builds to become vastly superior to others

Everyone who used IAS benefited from it equally, so you point is invalid and so was the nerf.

We've no plans to nerf +Crit Chance or +Crit Damage. While +Crit Chance and +Crit Damage are very strong right now, there's nothing inherently wrong with something being strong. As mentioned above, players doing too much damage is not enough reason for us to bring out the nerf bat. Neither affix is having a negative impact on build diversity (we're seeing a pretty good balance overall), and there aren't any technical issues with them being stacked to higher values. It's something we're keeping an eye on of course.

Crit hit/Crital Damage falls under the same aspect of IAS. Everyone can benefit from it if they gear properly. So why nerf IAS again?

We know that not all players will see eye-to-eye with us on how these categories are organized, and we expect some criticism and disagreement, especially from such a passionate group of gamers. While we're happy with where affix combos are right now, we're open to feedback and especially constructive discussion. :)

Players have been saying from day 1 that certain afflix combinations are just too overpowered, and in some cases unbeatable. Yet you still want feedback and constructive criticism? You didn't do anything before, even when there were multiple threads stating this flaw, giving feedback, and constructive criticism. What more do you want? As far as the community is concerned you guys are clearly ignoring the issue.

4) Is Whimsyshire considered an Act I or Act IV zone?

It's considered an Act III/Act IV zone, depending on difficulty. The monsters in Hell are considered Hell - Act IV monsters, and the monsters in Inferno are considered Inferno - Act III/Act IV monsters. The drop rates buffs from June 28 affect the zone accordingly.

Thanks to the chest nerf Whimsyhire is absolutely useless, and a waste of gold. This place has no real use any longer. Why not allow players with 5 stacks of NV to utilize NV+MF when opening chests? Its not rocket science. Maybe I should be on the dev team, cause they sure are clueless on how to handle things that affect legitimate players.

1) Allow to gems to stack up to 100.

Should have been implemented since day 1.

2) Allow players to create multiple gems and items with just one click, if you have enough materials.

3) Allow users to buy multiple health potions with one click.

4) Allow the Town Healer to heal your active follower too.

Understandable annoyance, but no plans at this time to add in an option. Still good feedback!

actually i would have to agree with you on all these points. And if the system is designed right then all you would need to do to up the gem stack is change 1 int in your item properties from 30 to 100. that would take 10 sec. But if these weren't designed like this in the first place then well, not much faith in the fact that it would be that easy
MVP
View profile
07/10/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Scrappa
All it does is cause frustration given that the player is geared for the content they're working on.

It simply isn't fun. Fighting elites and champions (the meat of the game) is not fun.

I completely agree, it's not even a challenge anymore at that point, it's a death wish.
The limits are on the wrong affixes. Almost none of the limited affixes concern me. Are we playing the same game, Blizzard?
"Strong CC" (Limit 1):

Knockback
Nightmarish
Vortex

No such limit of 1 I still run into many mobs that have at least 2 of the 3 here. I know some people like me ran into a mob with both knockback and vortex added on to of the server lag instant death all ways you look at it.

"Defensive" (Limit 1):

Avenger
Extra Health
Health Link
Horde
Illusionist
Missile Dampening
Invulnerable Minions
Shielding
Vampiric

Same here I see most mobs with at least 2 to 3 from here.

"Aggressive" (No Limit):

ArcaneEnchanted
Desecrator
Electrified
Fast
Fire Chains
Frozen
Jailer
Molten
Mortar
Plagued
Reflects Damage
Teleporter
Waller

This is the list that need a limit of 1 some of these should never be mixed with one another especially in Inferno.

The only real fix I can see to balance everything is to increase the damage output of all classes to scale with the hp of mobs cause most people do not have the gold or the money to create a build that does 500k dps. A person with average gear and lvl 60 in Inferno should be at base doing 500k dps and a person who gears up to godly amounts should be doing well over 1m dps.
Edited by twilightk#1359 on 7/10/2012 6:39 PM PDT
So keying in on a few consistencies here, I am best off stacking crit and spec into a "faceroll" cutter build to be most effective with the elites and environment?

I only ask because while I am grateful at the attention to some of the concerns, it appears that the true meat of some of the issues, inconsistencies and frustrations are not or will not be addressed directly?

For instance, rubberbanding; while it has been recognized in some manner, is there a time frame for a fix, or perhaps a reason for this particular issue? As well the day to day lag, be it spikes or the constant play-to-disconnect, which all well nullifies Hardcore Mode.

Has elemental damage been buffed because with stacked resists many things that used to hurt "bad" now "2 shot" you?

Is there any attention being paid to resets or the death dot of enraging or is there a need to? It is clear many people feel it is a waste of time to fight a mob that is challenging due to this feature. Frustration may be a better term though I don't want to speak for others using my particular terminology.

Again, I appreciate the attention you are giving to the concerns. I hope you had a great holiday.
Thanks for the info.

I have a minor "gripe" in terms of gear, specifically with amulets and rings.

I know the ilvl of base items is sort of determined by their base stats, such as damage or armor, and that makes sense in terms of how drops are determined etc.

However, there is no base stat for rings or amulets, and I don't know about anyone else, but it feels like a significant portion of the rings and amulets I find, at any level, are socketed and nothing more.

By having no base stat or no way to help determine the ilvl with these items, you end up with a socketed lvl 10 ring and a socketed lvl 60 ring that are completely identical other than the level requirement to wear them.

In contrast, a socketed armor piece or weapon at lvl ten compared to a socketed lvl 60 item of similar type will be more effective as the level increases because their base damage or armor rating will increase.
As far as the community is concerned you guys are clearly ignoring the issue.

This.

My new motto
Alright, only thing I want to point out is how badly those affixes are grouped.

Fire Chains and Waller should be moved into CC, give defensive a limit of 2, and for the love of god, make special exceptions so that rolling vortex+jailer isn't grouped with "Desecrator" or "Plagued". Those combinations are ridiculous.
Thank you for all the info:) Im sure the community does appreciate the info!
May I suggest instead of nerfing any other stats/skills, just buff others in the future if need be to counter the nerf of any said stat affix?

Keep up the good work, light at the end of the tunnel!
All I got from this post was, no matter how much we complain they aren't changing elite affixes!
07/10/2012 05:53 PMPosted by FaUsT
Monster affixes are actually grouped into categories and then restricted based on those categories (to a degree). Our restrictions aren't as tight as some players have suggested, but in the end we found that adding extra limitations often made Elite pack encounters very predictable and repetitive, which kind of went against our design goal for these types of monsters.

they are very predicable now, they make me into a corpse.... without fail.

Any plans to fix rolls on items, ? that's the main complaint form me, and getting lvl 55 items in inferno...

lol! very predictable indeed. agree on ilvl drops.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]