Diablo® III

Follow-Up Points

(Locked)

Can anyone explain these 2 ivl63 affixes to me?

of Devastation ilvl63
+(24-30) Minimum Damage

of Doom ilvl63
+(27-33) Maximum Damage

when at ilvl 48 u can get

of Agony ilvl48
+(19-38)-(45-89) Damage

all stats from diablonut and are found on weapons... e affix names of "doom" and "devastation" sound so cool yet they suck big time.. is it due to the fact that there was a programming error? because for amulets the Doom, Destruction and Death affixes are:

of Devastation 63
+(27-33) Minimum Damage

MaxDam 14 Secondary of Doom 63
+(27-33) Maximum Damage

MinMaxDam 14 Secondary of Death 63
+(27-33) Minimum Damage
+(27-33) Maximum Damage

compared to the relative "of Death" affix on weapons which is:

of Death 63
+(143-286)-(334-667) Damage

Somehow the Doom and Devastation affixes just seem so wrong on weapons. Seeing a rare revenant bow with "adds 33 max dmg" n dps of 367 is wrong
07/10/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Lylirra
While IAS was pretty strong on its own, when coupled with certain gear and skill combinations, it simply became too alluring for a lot of players to ignore.

So I'm assuming we can expect a similar nerf to passives and abilities that anyone who's not an idiot uses without fail? Examples of this being One With Everything, Serenity, Venom Hydra, Energy Armor, etc. Because every single class at this point has a couple of abilities that are just clearly the best, and a lot more that just aren't worth it. Or can we expect you to, for once, buff something that's clearly awful and no one uses, i.e. everything in the game that uses life steal? Yes yes, I understand power creep, blah blah, RMAH blah blah, but I would very much like to know if your design philosophy is more "make them pick the least awful ability" rather than "This power is way stupider than we initially thought and needs to be more powerful".

I mean, if you really, truly want build diversity, then you're going to have to make some things viable in the endgame. WD pets are going to have to survive elites retarded death floors for more than half a second. Diamond Skin is going to have to actually afford some protection, rather than shielding for half of one hit. Trust me, my years of City of Heroes showed very clearly that "make the things people like suck" doesn't make people pick things that were never good to begin with instead.

07/10/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Lylirra
While we're happy with where affix combos are right now, we're open to feedback and especially constructive discussion

Okay, let's do that. I was wondering how these affixes were grouped. Thank you for shedding light on just how that particular mechanic works, so I can specifically tell you just how wrongity wrong wrongerton you are in the way you've done it.

The groups you've made and the powers you've put in those groups are nonsensical. Affixes do three things in this game: Make it more difficult to kill the target they're affixed to, make it harder for you to run away from them, and do extra damage while in combat. Jailer, Teleporter, Waller and Fast *don't do damage*. Functionally, they're *no different* from Vortex, they are *clearly" Crowd Control powers.

You also need to go through this list of affixes with a fine tooth comb if you actually care about game design whatsoever. Large enemies that appear in small hallways (like those hulking spike covered things in the halls of agony) should not be able to have the illusionist affix. Why? Because I can't even see my character at that point, and quite frankly there's one power for each class that would even allow me to move at all. Since NV stacks go away if you change powers, you're basically saying "I have to have this power if I don't want to die to an illusionist at some point". Not really helping that whole build diversity thing. Those little hoppy frog things in act one misery fields shouldn't ever have Fast, because they're *already fast*. In playing three classes to 60 and one more on the way, I've seen missile dampening about 4 times total. You also need to rework a couple of these affixes to not be "the ground is Lava now", because not only do they far outnumber the affixes that are irritating to ranged classes, they also make pets invalid.
appreciate the feedback :) thanks hurry up with 1.04! :)
BLUE POSTER Lylirra: Would you comment on the poor drop quality in Inferno, the amazing number of farm bots being reported, inflation and the possibility of item comparison while in AH please?

Thanks

One of the biggest issues we discovered with IAS was that it actively limited build diversity.

I only play as a monk so forgive me as I do not have much experiences with other classes. I don't think you meant to say "build" diversity, what I think you meant to say is "gear" diversity. Monks only generate resources when they attack, so the attack speed nerf actually limited our build diversity (in contrast to what you wanted to accomplish). With IAS, we were able to generate enough spirit to actually try out other skills. Now 90%(maybe more) of the monks use "Fist of thunder" as this is by far the fastest spirit generator. Before the IAS nerf, crippling wave and deadly reach was actually useful. Now, to compensate for the lack of attack speed that was nerfed, monks are pigeonholed to use fist of thunder (please don't nerf this, I feel a bit guilty selling out my fellow monks like this haha)

Could you perhaps state examples of this "limited build diversity"?

Yes, IAS was the stat that trumped all other stats but a main reason people enjoyed stacking IAS was because it provided faster game play. This game was actually fun with a fast attack speed. With faster Life on hit and faster resource generation, it leads to a faster, more exciting gameplay. There will always be a stat that trumps out. Critical hit chance is the king now. There will always be a king stat. Atleast when IAS was king, it made this game fun, which Diablo 3 lacks right now.

Personally, I would prefer you buff the hell out of inferno, but please, bring IAS back.
Nice post. I've got a bunch of (mostly minor) suggestions here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6036884236

It would be cool if you can check them out.
IAS for diversity? really?
do you have any tester?
we are stuck with mandatory skills in inferno, what are you talking about?
and in case you don't have testers that could give you overall problem analysis.

I will tell you this, the cause of mandatory skills "IS" those over power CC and defensive affix of elites and champs.
nightmarish, fast -> barb. WOTB.
jailer -> charge.
take a look in barb. forum and they will tell you this is the only way out.

One of the biggest issues we discovered with IAS was that it actively limited build diversity.

I only play as a monk so forgive me as I do not have much experiences with other classes. I don't think you meant to say "build" diversity, what I think you meant to say is "gear" diversity. Monks only generate resources when they attack, so the attack speed nerf actually limited our build diversity (in contrast to what you wanted to accomplish). With IAS, we were able to generate enough spirit to actually try out other skills. Now 90%(maybe more) of the monks use "Fist of thunder" as this is by far the fastest spirit generator. Before the IAS nerf, crippling wave and deadly reach was actually useful. Now, to compensate for the lack of attack speed that was nerfed, monks are pigeonholed to use fist of thunder (please don't nerf this, I feel a bit guilty selling out my fellow monks like this haha)

Could you perhaps state examples of this "limited build diversity"?

Yes, IAS was the stat that trumped all other stats but a main reason people enjoyed stacking IAS was because it provided faster game play. This game was actually fun with a fast attack speed. With faster Life on hit and faster resource generation, it leads to a faster, more exciting gameplay. There will always be a stat that trumps out. Critical hit chance is the king now. There will always be a king stat. Atleast when IAS was king, it made this game fun, which Diablo 3 lacks right now.

Personally, I would prefer you buff the hell out of inferno, but please, bring IAS back.

+100000000000000000000
2 Goblin Mage
I don't agree with quite a few of your points, pointing them out as we know is a waste of time. I feel that you and the rest of the d3 team is lost on what is best for the game. With that said, it really doesn't matter, your teams poor choices have already caused this game to go down as a laughing stock.

Thanks again for being vague and not addressing the more serious issues with the game. Pretty much on par for the customer support we have seen since launch of this beta.
as well as skill diversity in general (though we're going to need to do some additional skill balancing to bring it up to where we want).

AHAHAHAHA.......what a big lie
how is waller, jailer, and frozen not "strong CC"?
Edited by DarkWonder#1488 on 7/10/2012 6:48 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]