Diablo® III

Follow-Up Points

(Locked)

Why does blizzard continue to insist on its current terrible champion design if nobody is having FUN fighting them? Not once have I heard anyone say, "boy, that champ pack was fun!" All I hear is, "jeez, this is so annooooyyingg."

edit: Further proof that Blizzard doesn't test. Their perception of what's strong is far from reality. Knockback is strong?? o_O
Edited by Gentso#1351 on 7/10/2012 7:03 PM PDT
07/10/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Scrappa
The build diversity isn't massive

You just conceded to my point. Blizz's stated goal was to have massive build diversity. Thanks for helping my statement.

Partially because you're an imbecile and created a straw man to argue with me.

I never disagreed with your point, you simply started yelling at me and calling me an idiot because I said that each class can have many viable builds.

I really wish Americans weren't so brutally rude.
85 Gnome Warlock
IAS

it's not that it made characters too powerful, but rather that it caused a few builds to become vastly superior to others.

CRIT DMG

We've no plans to nerf +Crit Chance or +Crit Damage. While +Crit Chance and +Crit Damage are very strong right now, there's nothing inherently wrong with something being strong.

So making something vastly superior to something is more bad than making something very strong.

God this company has fallen so far haha.
ROFLROFL WHAT!
14 pages in an hour? Wow!

I, for one, thank you for the feedback. Hope to see more posts like this in the future!
07/10/2012 06:01 PMPosted by eric
so now everybody stacks crit because it is too good to neglect. You really should tone it down or boost IAS a tad. As of right now it makes no sense to not have crit on everything which was the case with IAS.

QFT this is not diversity at all. I don't want crit nerf... who doesn't like seeing big numbers? but why is it the only viable way to achieve high dps? Other damage modifiers need to be vastly improved.
Please concern these recommendations:

1.Increase the jokes of followers, it makes farming funny.

2.Add an option to lock the skills bar.

3.Add a NPC to identify items at once.

4.Auction time decrease to 24 hours, or add an option to cancel the auction when there is no bid

5.Add an option to disable showing white and grey item.

6.Add the "trace" function in AH.

7.Shows the states changes between the AH item and equiped gears.

8.Add 3 more minutes to auction time when there is a bid for a certain item.

9.Add 2-3 more filters options in the auction searching box.

10.customized chat channel and built-in voice chat channel.

11.capable to send items to other players.

12.capable to send offline message to other players.

13.customized font size or increase the font size in lower resolution.

I know We all want Diablo3 toll be better! :)
So let me get this straight...

You provide one of the most broad reasonings behind nerfing IAS when crit does the EXACT SAME THING YOU ARE NERFING IAS FOR!!! Its the main stat people are looking for and thus increasing inflation for items that have high crit dmg and or crit chance. ITS THE ONLY VIABLE AFFIX PEOPLE USE TO KILL STUFF!

Wow....how misguided are the devs?

I definitely agree. I wish examples were stated on how IAS limited "build diversity". I agree that it limits "gear diversity", but in the current state of the game, there is no gear diversity. Everyone stacks Primary stat, +vit, +all resist, crit hit %, and crit hit damage, with IAS as the last preferred stat. There will always be a main stat people will look for, all the IAS nerf did was make people angry as gameplay slowed down, and people who spent real money on IAS had to rebuy gear with crit %
It was because IAS was so powerful that I could get away with using random and diverse builds on my WD. Since the IAS nerf I've been pigeonholed into using the only 2 builds WDs have, VQ or darts.

IAS nerf ruined my classes diversity.
Will you lower the minimum price of commodities?
you can tell MMO devs made this game and it shows badly everywhere.

Enrage timers, crafting timers, identifying timers, town portal timers, Skill Cooldowns.

All this crap in a supposed "Action" RPG. Sadly I am still waiting for the "Action" part to be seen.
07/10/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Shaden
well the whole nerfing of IAS seems to go directly against that

Guys, holy crap. Stop talking about the IAS nerf. Stop it. The blue post gave you a decent, technical reason why they had to nerf it, i.e. stacking it and machine gunning stuff caused problems with the servers. It got so that people were too fast for them to keep up. The "build diversity" line is garbage, but it's now not the only reason for it. It's not getting looked at again, leave it alone
Why does blizzard continue to insist on its current terrible champion design if nobody is having FUN fighting them? Not once have I heard anyone say, "boy, that champ pack was fun!" All I hear is, "jeez, this is so annooooyyingg."

edit: Further proof that Blizzard doesn't test. Their perception of what's strong is far from reality. Knockback is strong?? o_O

lmao sometimes knockback saves my life...
How about answering the important questions rather than the questions the majority of us don't care about? You guys need to see that this is only an attempt to quell the anger in the forums, none of these are even remotely close to the issues that the community is even slightly concerned about, sans one.

I am not happy at all with this response and none of you should be either - this is garbage. This is a slap in the face to people who really want something done.

You want to give something to the community? How about you answer the following:

What are you doing about botters?
What are you doing about inflation in the auction house?
What are you doing about fixing the GUI?
What is the reasoning behind the outrageous chances of getting decent items and what are you doing about that?

That's jsut for starters. How about instead of this garbage update you give the community something with some substance. After all, we did shell out the cash and we don't deserve to have you tell us how to have fun. We are telling you what we want, you just won't listen.
Edited by Furious#1866 on 7/10/2012 7:14 PM PDT
Thank you for the post, it's appreciated.

However telling us the reason behind each nerf doesn't change the fact that the game isn't fun as it is, while "fun" is certainly something subjective, the recent threads suggest most people agree with this.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]