Diablo® III

Follow-Up Points

(Locked)

Extra Health
Health Link
Horde
Illusionist

Just gonna say, this would be a fun pack to fight!

Yeah, my DH would love this as every almost everything he uses is AE. Would be about the easiest pack ever. I have run into illusionist with mobs which are naturally horde, it was nice & easy. :-)
All the points addressed are tertiary to the health of this game...
Ly, you say you plan on bringing skills in line with the IAS nerf, does that mean you'll at least buff skills like say Barbarian with the attack speed increase, so that the class doesn't feel as sluggish and slow? Having to rely on tank builds or whirlwind build would just be boring to me, I want some of my original build back >< Having 2.3 speed was more than enough for me >_>
So you're telling me that the elite mob affixes are currently grouped, but they still have such ridiculous combinations??

Why?

Why is there no limit to the amount of aggressive affixes they can have? What kind of sense does it make to allow them to have ALL aggressive affixes if the RNG rolls them that way? Do you not realize that players are having to completely avoid many of these elite packs because the roll such ridiculous combinations? How is that fun? I have never had fun being forced to avoid a monster just someone feels like players should have to be more careful with their choices. I don't want to be careful with my choices. I want to kill every demon in sanctuary. Why should we not?

I'm honestly having trouble coming up with reasons to continue playing D3. The only reason I have right now is the fact that it's called Diablo. All of my friends have stopped playing. I've stopped having fun. Why am I even still here? Just because this game is named Diablo. If it had any other name, I'd have given up long ago, written it off as another victim of corporate video gaming, but something inside of me refuses to believe that Diablo could possibly have come to this.

Posts like this make me just want to give up on this franchise, and the whole company in general. Are the golden years of Blizzard producing nothing but AAA titles a thing of the past?
Edited by simonizor#1709 on 7/12/2012 2:09 PM PDT
Lylirra:
... it's not that it made characters too powerful, but rather that it caused a few builds to become vastly superior to others. On top of that, it introduced a ton of bugs just due to how fast characters were attacking when stacked to its upper limits.

We've no plans to nerf +Crit Chance or +Crit Damage. While +Crit Chance and +Crit Damage are very strong right now, there's nothing inherently wrong with something being strong. As mentioned above, players doing too much damage is not enough reason for us to bring out the nerf bat. Neither affix is having a negative impact on build diversity...

This is simply not true.

Crit + CritDmg scaling limits build diversity in the exact same way that IAS did. The damage scaling is so absolutely off the charts compared to everything else that it becomes a mandatory stat to stack, pretty much.

When you have 200k+ DPS DHs and 400k+ barbs killing !@#$ within seconds, then those builds become the stars compared to whom every single other build looks laughable in comparison.

So please, before you make such bold statements take a look at what's actually going on in your game.
Edited by RRjr#2163 on 7/12/2012 2:14 PM PDT
... it's not that it made characters too powerful, but rather that it caused a few builds to become vastly superior to others. On top of that, it introduced a ton of bugs just due to how fast characters were attacking when stacked to its upper limits.

We've no plans to nerf +Crit Chance or +Crit Damage. While +Crit Chance and +Crit Damage are very strong right now, there's nothing inherently wrong with something being strong. As mentioned above, players doing too much damage is not enough reason for us to bring out the nerf bat. Neither affix is having a negative impact on build diversity...

This is simply not true.

Crit + CritDmg scaling limits build diversity in the exact same way that IAS did. The damage scaling is so absolutely off the charts compared to everything else that it becomes a mandatory stat to stack, pretty much.

When you have 200k+ DPS DHs and 400k+ barbs killing !@#$ within seconds, then those builds become the stars compared to whom every single other build looks laughable in comparison.

So please, before you make such bold statements take a look what's actually going on in your game.
It's almost as if Blizzard doesn't even play their game on Battle.net with the rest of us. It feels like they're still playing on some test server, so they have no clue how terribly things are going on Battle.net.
"Strong CC" (Limit 1):KnockbackNightmarishVortex

These three are very much not in the same realm. Yes the argument can be made that two effect melee in a similar way to how one effects range - ie preventing you from being where you want to be. But the first two are opposites of the last, and knocking a melee away is rarely as devistating as pulling a ranged towards (particularly given the number of enemies who will start an attack while you are in the air, and land it when you arrive, resulting in instant, unavoidable damage.)

Further Jailer and Waller (in Inferno) are having just as much of a "Strong CC" player control removing effect as either of the above. Waller is particularly right now prone to causing a more complete lockout than Jailer, as if a wall spawns -on- the player it creates a root, if not also preventing attack.

Further given walls spawn more often than Jails they are again potentially much worse than Jails.
When asked in a recent interview if the widespread criticism affects him:

Jay Wilson:
Does it bother me? The short answer is no. The people complaining are the vocal minority and we don't pay too much attention to that. We have tons of metrics as well as player feedback that are showing that the vast majority are are enjoying the game and enjoying the innovations we have implemented.

We didn't set out to re-create Diablo 2, we improved on every aspect on it and we are quite proud of our game at the moment. There are plenty of bug fixes, UI improvements, and of course, arena PVP that we need to implement but on the whole the game is solid.

[Diablo 3] has been a success and we will continue to build upon that success in the coming months.

Seriously? Is everyone at Blizzard this blind?

Well that's great that they're proud of their game, they absolutely should be. It's a fun game!

Unfortunately, there are many dire issues that need immediate attention. The game is nowhere near what it should have been upon release and it saddens and confuses me to learn that they don't seem to think any major problems exist (aside from lack of end game).

The item system is Diablo's biggest and most important aspect. The current item system in this game is very poor. I don't need to go into detail about every problem with the item system here as I've done that already in many threads. If you're interested in reading my solutions to some of the problems, check out this thread.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6079608207?page=1
Oh and one more thing:

Lylirra:
We know that not all players will see eye-to-eye with us on how these categories are organized, and we expect some criticism and disagreement, especially from such a passionate group of gamers. While we're happy with where affix combos are right now, we're open to feedback and especially constructive discussion. :)

You are correct in that us players are not eye-to-eye with you on how they're organized. That's the case because appearently we play the game, while you and your QA guys don't.

If you'd actually go and play against some of the affix combos your game throws at us in places where most of them become impossible to dodge let alone tank, you'd know how incredibly frustrating and demotivating they can be and just how much they turn an otherwise awesome game into something where you just grind your teeth asking yourself why you're even playing this.

Stuff like Invulnerable + Arcane in tight corridors simply shouldn't exist. As a matter of fact, both Invulnerable and Shielding shouldn't even be in the game because those affixes are retarded.
If your game designers haven't realized this by now, then maybe they should actually spend a few hours playing them.
Edited by RRjr#2163 on 7/12/2012 2:26 PM PDT
07/10/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Lylirra
While we're happy with where affix combos are right now, we're open to feedback and especially constructive discussion. :)

Thanks for this list.

I am curious, after playing several 6+ hour sessions in inferno act 3 and 4 with a group of friends over the past week, since the last patch, about affix combinations.

Some of them just seem too hard to kill without dying over and over and over and over until there is a 30 second revive timer and red gear, rinse repeat.
What we end up doing with a lot of these impossible type of mob affixes on Champion and Rare Elite packs is what we call, "park" them. One of us kites them to a dead end are of the map and dies, while the rest of us move on.

We are a solid group of players, each with a variance between 800 to 1400 RA and 5k to 8k armor, and we each use a variety of defensive and buff skills.

Affix combinations that we've encountered that seem too overpowered and not as intended include:

Arcane, minion, vortex, plague
Arcane, minion, vortex, desecrator
Arcane, minion, vortex, molten
Arcane, minion, vortex, frozen

Mortar, plague, vortex, frozen
Mortar, plague, vortex, jailer

We definitely noticed that plague seems to be doing more damage than it did before 1.0.3, even with our new, upgraded gear with more ra and armor.

Any thoughts on adjusting some of these more impossible to ridiculously hard affix combinations?

Also, any thoughts on why it seems plague among other elite dot tick dmg spells seem to be doing more than they used to?

Thanks!
Edited by Sidra#1871 on 7/12/2012 4:20 PM PDT
07/10/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Lylirra
but rather that it caused a few builds to become vastly superior to others. On top of that, it introduced a ton of bugs just due to how fast characters were attacking when stacked to its upper limits.

I can see how this was not brought to anyone's attention during testing, because there are sooo many viable builds for inferno XD

Did you guys bother to have this game tested lol
Sooooooo....no word on a change to Whimsyshire? It is basically the farming level, yet with the incredibly powerful nerf to chest/destructibles (MF no longer affecting drops from them) Whimsyshire is practically pointless since it is almost all chest(those cloud things and pots of gold/mushrooms). There aren't even enough elites to get a full 5 stacks of NV in there so you gotta farm the tombs and THEN go in and even then you just get 3 or 4 elite groups tops.....so disappointing.

I'm sure you must of noticed this by now by a huge drop in the number of runs being made there.

It reminds me of when Blizzard nerfed Cows in D2. It took them many many years to do so, but you effectively made it pointless to run unless people wanted gems. Even rune drops were nerfed horribly. Is the Diablo 3 team aiming to make Whimsyshire pointless too? Or was the original plan for it to be the "Haha that's kind of cool/funny" thing for a few weeks and then forgotten about?

Curious to know.
Edited by TigerHawk#1275 on 7/12/2012 11:46 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]