• Jailer
  • Molten
  • Mortar
  • Plagued
  • Reflects Damage
  • Teleporter
  • Waller

I read/skimmed most of the 33 pages.

You're wrong though about how these get combined.

Tonight I had three packs that had two of the abilities from Strong CC: two were knock back/nightmarish and one was of all things nightmarish/vortex (which made it interesting being feared then pulled back).
I made a post here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6079749913

It turns out MF not only affects whether you get a blue/rare/legendary but it also affects how good (how many affixes) that rare is.

So not only is item level taken into account but MF too (the more MF, the more chance the rare has 6 affixes rather than 2, for example).

What this means is that I think Blizzard should show how many affixes the item has. Can anyone bump my topic for Blizzard to notice?
"Defensive" (Limit 1):

Avenger
Extra Health
Health Link
Horde
Illusionist
Missile Dampening
Invulnerable Minions
Shielding
Vampiric

this "limit is def wrong.
ive had
horde+invuln
horde+shielding
horde + HP link
horde +extra HP
lots of times.
I'm assuming horde is actually in the aggressive selection of affixes and not in this one.
PLEASE tell me you guys aren't nerfing the tornado barb build. I've spent tens of millions on it...
Crit + CritDmg scaling limits build diversity in the exact same way that IAS did.

Neither of them limit diversity and what you are dealing with is semantics anyway. The more powerful your charecter is from gear, the more builds open up to you. Outside of that, if people are not being diverse its from lack of imagination or willingness to create builds and take a risk.

Back when IAS was stupidly overpowered you had the exact same choice. The situation isn't different now.

Especially when you're playing DH or Barb, these two stats are mandatory and it becomes imopossible to argue with in terms of effciency. Sure there are other builds. Compared to the very simple and very no-brainer critstacking, however, they are all horribly inefficient.

If critstacking and the way it affects the game is okay, then we should also be able to stack AR + Armor to the point where your character becomes literally invulnerable.
So... if you're looking to stay consistent with this game's design, then you either buff up all other stats to the point where they scale as stupidly high as crit+critdmg, or you bring critdmg down to reasonable levels so that playing a glasscannon actually has tangible consequences.
Edited by RRjr#2163 on 7/13/2012 3:45 AM PDT
Here are the categories:

"Strong CC" (Limit 1):

Knockback
Nightmarish
Vortex

"Defensive" (Limit 1):

Avenger
Extra Health
Health Link
Horde
Illusionist
Missile Dampening
Invulnerable Minions
Shielding
Vampiric

"Aggressive" (No Limit):

ArcaneEnchanted
Desecrator
Electrified
Fast
Fire Chains
Frozen
Jailer
Molten
Mortar
Plagued
Reflects Damage
Teleporter
Waller

so what happens when I come across an elite pack that has
Nightmare-vortex-health link-Illusionist-firechains-plagued-reflects damage? the first four of which come from a category listed as "Limit 1". And I know this does happen because those are the affixes of a pack that pwned my @$$ for 15mins before i finally shut the game off. How can they have multiple affixes from a category that say's it's limited to one affix?
Nightmare-vortex-health link-Illusionist-firechains-plagued-reflects damage? the first four of which come from a category listed as "Limit 1". And I know this does happen because those are the affixes of a pack that pwned my @$$ for 15mins before i finally shut the game off. How can they have multiple affixes from a category that say's it's limited to one affix?

What are you on about? They only have one instance of each up don't they?

Working as intended. Aren't you thankful? XD
We all stack IAS because its fun to see that we're attacking fast, blasting things super fast, like my character is alive! if IAS is playing too big of a role in DPS, just redo the algorithm of DPS to make IAS less affect on the DPS rather than just nerf off IAS of every item. everything plays so slow now! the content is boring enough, u slowed everything now, i dozed off a few times while playing diablo and went afk.

So now what? after nerfing IAS, everyone starts stacking crit damg and crit chance. did that solved your diversifying builds problems????

seriously?
07/13/2012 10:05 PMPosted by Rowane

They have probably realized they made a mistake in nerfing IAS and dont want to make another one.

When one makes a mistake one should correct said mistake not spout inanities about not making another mistake in the same vein.

+1

Greed, both corporate and player, killed D3.

"There is no such thing as too much power". - Jay Wilson

Absolute power corrupts absolutely!!
Please streamline the cut scenes and dialog in the same way you have "streamlined" the itemization, the character development, and the fun. Thanks.
Edited by jsneaks#1999 on 7/13/2012 10:28 PM PDT

What are you on about? They only have one instance of each up don't they?

Working as intended. Aren't you thankful? XD

I guess that's true.. there is one from each of the limit 1 categories..

Maybe the extras from those are just a good 'ole bonus?

this "limit is def wrong.
ive had
horde+invuln
horde+shielding
horde + HP link
horde +extra HP
lots of times.
I'm assuming horde is actually in the aggressive selection of affixes and not in this one.

I don't know about the rest of them but i am 100% sure you are lying about Horde + Health Link.

Horde can only be on an elite and Health Link can only be on champions. That combination is 100% impossible.
90 Worgen Death Knight
There should be at LEAST one blue post on every single page of this thread, if not more. I've read about a third of this entire thing...I'm done...not reading anymore. If the age old saying is true, and actions speak louder than words, then I think it's time for Blizzard to do some SERIOUS FRIGGIN' ACTING.

I don't mean "acting" as in "acting like they're concerned so they send their CMs out to us to give us the third degree every few days or so." I don't mean "acting" as in "Rob Schneider DERP DEE DERR". I mean "acting" as in "getting more than a few select people to go through not only this but other threads where US PLAYERS get actively involved in the game and offer up our opinions and solutions on how to make it better." Yes, I mean that acting.

You can face it or not, Jay/ActiBlizz/whoever this ACTUALLY concerns...but like one very insightful poster said earlier, you guys are clearly and blatantly side-stepping a great deal of the REAL issues Diablo 3 has...and will continue to have as long as the corporate beligerence, ignorance and laziness is allowed to continue.

The first thing I'm seeing wrong with the headlining Blue post is the Monster Affixes. While I can defeat pretty much all of them in Act I and II on my Witch Doc (who SEVERELY outgears BOTH Acts no less, and yet somehow I'm still terrified of Act III), a large percentage of them are...stay with me here...CHEAP/CHEESY/UNREASONABLY OVERTUNED. Oh, and aren't I thankful that they drop the most GOD AWFUL gear (even if it's lvl 62 or 63)?? Your explanation of how they are allocated is absolutely abhorrable. It's an outright lie. Are you a CM or a politician? I don't think I have to go through and reiterate how utterly correct everyone has been who says they've seen elites with 2 or more of those "limited to 1" affixes you listed.

I did "LOL" a bit when I read a post where someone said "This should have been implemented since Day 1." That was great and made my night. Why? Cuz it's TRUE. ALL of those things he cited are things that should already be in the game. God forbid, we put up with the IAS nerf (and god knows how many more ridiculous ones to come later, just cuz you guys snowjobbed us on the acutal reasons WHY and decided it was "necessary"), and yet you all still willingly overlook MINOR CONVENIENCES that every player would appreciate forever.

Speaking of the IAS nerf...we all know it was cuz players were doing too much damage and killing your precious elite cheeseheads too quickly. I'm not even going to get into how I currently go about killing them in Act I and II...simply cuz if I do, I KNOW I'm setting myself up for a knife in the lower spine later on with yet another pointless nerf to a FUN MECHANIC that YOU, BLIZZARD, put into your game. I think what I'm saying, is that "You made your bed, so sleep in it." That IAS was killing build diversity argument is complete manure. Ever hear the saying "The customer is always right"? Well...

Or maybe "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"? Well right now, Diablo 3 is pretty downright ugly. I, myself, have already vowed to outright quit for good if certain things happen or don't happen by or slightly after 1.04 hits. I keep seeing fanbois cite the "Inferno is supposed to be hard - learn to play - you're just bad - learn your class - blahblahblah." You guys must really be beaming at the sight of those posts. Very constructive indeed. Inferno mode is very unclear right now...incomplete even...and so are Blizzard's intentions for it.

What do I mean? I mean, if the point is for average to slightly above average gamers like myself to have our intelligence insulted with lies and maybes left and right, then I hope all Blizzard employees realize (or at least the ones responsible for putting out D3 and updating content within) that they could be experiencing severely decreased revenue...and soon...resulting in lack of interest in the company, inherent money loss, and loss of employment. Do I have all the answers? No. Do I have SOME? Hell yes! Have I touched on even a fraction of the problematic issues with D3 right now? No...but others in this thread have! Does this post, and many others, deserve to be read, understood, and responded to? OH MY GOD FRIGGIN' RIGHT THEY DO. Time to communicate with the community, Blizzard...is that really too much to ask?
Edited by EricS#1876 on 7/14/2012 12:37 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]