Diablo® III

Follow-Up Points

(Locked)

Regarding IAS and Crit issues:

1, Blizz believes they did it right to nerf IAS, and they actually want to nerf crit damage/chance the same way, but they dare not because of the massive rage from players it could cause, not to mention the potential legal risk they might have to face because of RMAH.

2, Blizz regrets what they did to IAS, maybe they have internally admitted that it was a big mistake to nerf IAS, but they won't say it to the public because of what? Dignity?
90 Worgen Death Knight
Regarding IAS and Crit issues:

1, Blizz believes they did it right to nerf IAS, and they actually want to nerf crit damage/chance the same way, but they dare not because of the massive rage from players it could cause, not to mention the potential legal risk they might have to face because of RMAH.

2, Blizz regrets what they did to IAS, maybe they have internally admitted that it was a big mistake to nerf IAS, but they won't say it to the public because of what? Dignity?

They COULD just un-nerf it, like they did with Unholy Death Knights several times in Cataclysm...but I doubt it. For some reason, this game's devs care only about money and crappy gameplay. PROVE ME WRONG, BLIZZ.
Edited by EricS#1876 on 7/13/2012 11:46 PM PDT
"Why does item lvl 55 drop in inferno?" "champs too hard" "I'm not strong". If they changed any of that stuff, why would anyone go to the rmah? If you could farm your own gear why would you go to the rmah?

I joked for weeks with friends that Blizz never played this game before release.... They did play it and nailed it. It was perfectly developed to make you rage quit on over to the rmah while still giving plenty of gameplay time to people that will not go to the rmah.
90 Worgen Death Knight
"Why does item lvl 55 drop in inferno?" "champs too hard" "I'm not strong". If they changed any of that stuff, why would anyone go to the rmah? If you could farm your own gear why would you go to the rmah?

I joked for weeks with friends that Blizz never played this game before release.... They did play it and nailed it. It was perfectly developed to make you rage quit on over to the rmah while still giving plenty of gameplay time to people that will not go to the rmah.

Why would I go to the RMAH? I WOULDN'T...never have, never will. There's no reason that I should have to. The whole "we made crappy loot drop 90% of the time in-game so our AH economy wouldn't die" stance is completely assinine and WILL cause a lot of people to quit playing before long if something isn't done to fix/balance it.
Edited by EricS#1876 on 7/13/2012 11:58 PM PDT
the problem with the ias nerf is now the game is 2 times harder and so far nothing was added to make it back to it was. maybe it was too eazy in the beginning. i no its not blizzard fault but anyone who dint jump the glitch train is left behind although they did do days of gobos and they have earned it. the ah jump for hell gear to inferno gear is too high and i no you have no control over that.
90 Worgen Death Knight
07/14/2012 12:17 AMPosted by Thrasher565
the problem with the ias nerf is now the game is 2 times harder and so far nothing was added to make it back to it was. maybe it was too eazy in the beginning. i no its not blizzard fault but anyone who dint jump the glitch train is left behind although they did do days of gobos and they have earned it. the ah jump for hell gear to inferno gear is too high and i no you have no control over that.

True that...you want a weapon that'll get your character through Act II without a ton of hassle? You're paying at least 10 million gold for it...which is, in all honesty, way too damn much. It's not that the elites are insurmountable...just cheesy...but if you wanna kill the Act, you're gonna have to outgear it and farm the PREVIOUS one for about 2 weeks non-stop in order to get the gold you're gonna need to buy the items best suited for progression. Yay wall of text!
i can farm 240k gold and hour but im still going to need 18 mill+ for gear and by that time it may even go up or worse turns out i need more then 18mill then what its all down the drain.
90 Worgen Death Knight
07/14/2012 12:27 AMPosted by Thrasher565
i can farm 240k gold and hour but im still going to need 18 mill+ for gear and by that time it may even go up or worse turns out i need more then 18mill then what its all down the drain.

This. Yet another crappy aspect that needs fixing. +1
90 Worgen Death Knight
^
90 Worgen Death Knight
07/14/2012 09:11 AMPosted by Minato
This is some !@#$ty feedback and doesn't address anything serious at all. Its one of those responses used to simmer down the masses. Waste of time.

Pretty much. I won't allow this thread to be bumped out of existence either. It contains far too many important opinions, gripes and solutions...all brought out into the open by US PLAYERS. Open your eyes Blizzard.
1) Allow to gems to stack up to 100.

Totally reasonable request. We're looking into it!

(We originally set the stack size to 30 so it would fit in with the other "3" gem values. Now that it only requires 2 gems to combine into the next tier and the pattern has been broken, we've no issue increasing the base stack size. Good suggestion.)

Excellent.

2) Allow players to create multiple gems and items with just one click, if you have enough materials.

No plans right now to implement this kind of automated queuing for crafting.

Keep it just like it is.

3) Allow users to buy multiple health potions with one click.

Also a cool idea! We're looking into it.

Something many have been waiting for.. Buying lots of healing potions one at a time is a bit boring.

4) Allow the Town Healer to heal your active follower too.

Ditto. We'll definitely consider this.

Does not really matter on inferno later stages, they die instantly anyway.

5) Add an option to block follower conversations.

Understandable annoyance, but no plans at this time to add in an option. Still good feedback!

Who likes to listen to the Templar babble on for the 7868th time about honor and such?
I have the speech volume at ZERO just because of that. At least the speech-bobbles are gone. They were even worse! :)
This is like Obama addressing the issue of whether or not he supports the tobacco legislation being passed in New York. Yes, I suppose these questions are moderately pertinent. But how many people really care?

I'm honestly sort of appalled that you would include a question about purchasing multiple potions at the same time (no really, thanks for answering that one - the suspense was killing me), and say nothing about item drop rates in inferno, or plans for PvP. This is a pathetic attempt to placate players, and it shows.
90 Worgen Death Knight
This thread COULD help change the game for the better...if the Devs and Blues would just read my, and other people's, initial responses to the OP. As I've already said, if I have the time, this thread will continue to stay noticed - until we get what we're looking for. Communication.
90 Worgen Death Knight
One final bump before I leave for the day.
07/14/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Gordone
One final bump before I leave for the day.

Bumping your bump.
Im going to state my opinions on some of the affixes because some are ridiculous.
Before I start, thank you for answering some of the questions that this "passionate group of gamers" asked.

First off there should be a limit on all three categories, a limit of one to all 3 categories. This would help possibly balance out the difficulty a bit and also sand down the tank, dps, controller mechanic that seems to be in place. This is not WoW, every character should be able to tank, dps, and CC. True that some should be able to do it slightly better than others but the difference between a barbtank who is constantly in front of those mobs and a "demon hunter" who spends his life running away from said demons is not cool. There is something wrong if a ranged character needs to start kiting. This is something that needs to be looked into.

Now the affixes.

First the aggressive category has some affixes which arent entirely aggressive.
-Waller= this affix only helps to keep you in place, block your path, or simply force you to go around, very annoying if ur kiting. This belongs in the CC category, it doesnt do damage.
-Teleporter= not entirely sure, but since the mobs sometimes teleport away from the player and does not do damage, it should probably be in the Defensive category because it doesn't really hinder the player.
-Reflects Damage= put this nuisance in the Defensive category. The defensive affixes should force players to rethink theyre strategy and be a little more careful. True that this affix causes damage but its not meant to be aggressive but to force the player to watch how much damage they're doing and their life.
-Jailer= if this is the one that locks you in place...place in the CC category. It hinders player movement.
-Fast=another one that I am not entirely sure of. It is definitely aggressive but it feels more like a personal enhancement that 1. does not damage 2. forces player to rethink strategy (run away haha) so personally I think it belongs on CC because it forces the player into a corner or quickly moving around so you dont get owned by whatever other aggressive affix its throwing at you. Question regarding this one. Does it increase their movement speed AND attack speed?
-Fire Chains= in the right spot but for crying out load can anyone get rid of the freakin interrupts that it causes. Most affixes have one effect, why does this one interrupt my attacks AND damage me? One or the other. If interrupt then its CC if damage Aggressive.
-Frozen= ummm maybe just a few less snowballs at a time.

The remaining affixes within the aggressive category seem to be in the right place. However, some of them need to be toned down a bit in terms of how much damage the affix itself does. I find myself evading those affixes more than the actual enemies.

Now the Defensive Category.
This category seems dead on except for one thing.
Invulnerable and Shielding= So personally i think invulnerable should go but it is manageable as long as the aggressive affixes are either non existant or has one that does not bother much. But the issue is that something needs to change. Maybe get rid of invulnerable and have shielding take over. When the enemies are shielded they dont take damage so it kind of already plays that invulnerable role. Or keep both but make shielding work like the Demonic Tremor where it gives them increased damage resistance for a time but not making them invulnerable.

and final comment on affixes is that perhaps adding a cool down for them is a good idea so that your not worrying about those fireballs, walls, and hallucinations all at once. Make them turn based and add a significant cooldown like 15-30 seconds. right now it looks like its at 5-10 seconds per affix there should also be a cooldown between using affixes from CC and aggressive categories, maybe a 3-6 sec cooldown. Just so they can't hold you in place and toss fireballs at you from their heads. BARBS want to FIGHT not dance around the field in our skirts :)

hope this is considered constructive feedback.
Back to top.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]