Diablo® III

Follow-Up Points

(Locked)

Ok, now for things that actually matter that you all will never do anything about and why your game is sort of junk right now. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt I have played more Diablo 2 in my life than any other game ever and have been hooked on D2 for at least a decade. I would have never dreamed I'd be done playing D3 after a month, but here I am playing LoL now and thinking about starting D2 back up.

More items to collect, Diablo 2 had runes, superior, socketables, jewels, charms, ethereal, ebugged ethereals that would get a random amount of sockets, etc. Low level sets and uniques should be more common. People like to run through early levels twinked and feel super powerful. More possible mods (Diablo 2 probably had 3x what D3 does, funneh). Also, people like to plan out gear, so if all the uniques and sets are kind of meh, and rares are always better people have no idea what to shoot for. More rares with main stat, vit, res all, not exciting.

Something to grind at end game. A heavy, nearly insurmountable grind from 60-70 would suffice. Give just a small stat bonus per level here. If you can't do that, one of those youtube guys advised warrior levels or something, just give us some sort of progress for playing, I think it is quite a turnoff to most players that someone who has put in 100 hours and a couple hundred $$s can have the exact same level and gear or better than someone who has been grinding mobs for 500 hours. In Diablo 2, players who didn't mf at least had to leach in Baal runs or buy a naked character from a website. Heck you could have the RMAH include the sale of leveld characters. Characters must be naked to sell and transfer a character over, sold characters include one name change. Boom, you did it.

I have been spewing this rant across the forums off and on for the last week or so as I loved D2 and would love to love D3 :P. If you guys could just recognize that there is an issue with the end game and announce you are looking into the problem that would be great!

The skill tree is ok. Heck Diablo 2 has respecs and the stats in Diablo 2 were "try not to use any stat points except in vit unless you are max block, then enough dex for max block and everything else into vit". So they are essentially the same, although I did enjoy the skill tree and stat points.
Edited by Strolln#1287 on 7/16/2012 12:37 PM PDT
90 Worgen Death Knight
trolls & spammers on forums,
should be banned

You mean like yourself? I'm bumping a post cuz I can, cuz I believe it's pertinent and that every single D3 player would benefit from a Blue seeing this, reporting it to a developer, and then that developer actually DOING something to fix the bullcrap they've dumped on us in D3. If you don't like it, you are free to not read, go elsewhere, and spout your negativity. No one is going to shut me up.

** http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6079707996?page=33#660 **
90 Worgen Death Knight

I salute your loyalty in bumping this thread and trying to make Blues/Blizz pay more attention to the important issues instead of constantly dodging around them

~Regards
A proud AI~

quoting myself because it's true

^

It makes me wonder if the CMs have like a schedule they follow, specifically for coming out of hiding and writing to the players on these forums...or if there's censors within the company that tell them they're not allowed to respond to certain posts like this one. We're being extremely patient with you, Blizzard. We're not raging or swearing at you...we're not typing in all caps or giving you ultimatums here. The posting will stop when we get the information we seek. Someone has it, and someone is sitting on it like a hen with her precious egg.

90 Worgen Death Knight
Yah...the Blizz higher ups are pretty childish, apparently. Jay Wilson never grew out of his Pampers...that much we've established. Lord knows how many more there are.

But enough about that...that's practically trolling...and so not why I'm continuing to bump this, lol.

I think it is quite a turnoff to most players that someone who has put in 100 hours and a couple hundred $$s can have the exact same level and gear or better than someone who has been grinding mobs for 500 hours.

more like an insult

Yes = not fun. In Diablo 2 only the truly dedicated got past 90, but the highest item lvl req you would see would be at most about 85-88, for crafted items they could go to 94 or so but it was rare that someone would craft a lvl94 item that was godly enough to warrant leveling to 94 to use it.

Still though, even if you only leveled to 88 (60 out of 70 say) you could still use every item in the game and be more powerful than lvl 96s/70s (See Diablo 2 lvl 96 legit char could have lots of troubles with someone who had bought godly charms, runes, uniques, socketables).
Edited by Strolln#1287 on 7/16/2012 12:43 PM PDT
Interesting information on the affix categories. What if the selection was 2 CC or 2 defensive abilities instead of offensive?

Or perhaps mob types get different affix selections. So while a Fallen Peon (your basic attack - moderate health) enemy might get the current setup, a Construct-dude might get 2 defensive affixes, 1 CC, 1 aggressive.

Either case might need a little switching up of where affixes are categorized, but when I look at the way the affixes are currently categorized, I see many of the killer combos come from the 2 aggressive affixes more than anything.

If you don't change that up, maybe consider tweaking some of the aggressive affixes? Frozen shouldn't actually freeze you, especially when they can chain stun you. Molten can be pretty fickle in terms of whether you're standing in it or not, maybe make it a low damage proximity DoT? Lower time of plague pools on ground? Higher cooldowns on when aggressive moves can be used? Just some thoughts.
Nevermind.
Edited by Strolln#1287 on 7/16/2012 12:51 PM PDT
Jailer and Frozen should be Strong CC abilities. It's what the do, control the players by keeping their movement limited and hampering attackers from moving into advantageous positions.

Also, many of the offensive abilities hamper melee attackers to a much further degree than ranged simply because they must be in melee ranged to attack. Fire Chain and Molten are the two biggest offenders, as they are centered on the enemies themselves and in higher difficulties become the most difficult to simply survive.
bump. Wow i did it again didnt I?? huh fun.
86 Blood Elf Paladin
1) Allow to gems to stack up to 100.

Totally reasonable request. We're looking into it!

(We originally set the stack size to 30 so it would fit in with the other "3" gem values. Now that it only requires 2 gems to combine into the next tier and the pattern has been broken, we've no issue increasing the base stack size. Good suggestion.)

2) Allow players to create multiple gems and items with just one click, if you have enough materials.

No plans right now to implement this kind of automated queuing for crafting.

3) Allow users to buy multiple health potions with one click.

Also a cool idea! We're looking into it.

4) Allow the Town Healer to heal your active follower too.

Ditto. We'll definitely consider this.

5) Add an option to block follower conversations.

Understandable annoyance, but no plans at this time to add in an option. Still good feedback!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait wait what?

Are you reading the same forums we read? THESE are the questions that blizzard felt NEEDED to get responded to?

IDK it might just be me but every day i check the forums waiting for blue posts that will part the dark clouds and shine a light of change for the better in this game.
THEN.... this is whats on the other side. Telling our follower to shut up and stacking gems to a bigger amount?

Out of ALL the things you could address... buying multiple potions with one click made your top 5?

EDIT: i copied this for my own amusement already because i feel like its a valid point and yet it goes against an all mighty CM so i bet it will get censored.
Edited by Nodrouhoh#1788 on 7/16/2012 3:19 PM PDT
Jailer and Frozen should be Strong CC abilities. It's what the do, control the players by keeping their movement limited and hampering attackers from moving into advantageous positions.

Also, many of the offensive abilities hamper melee attackers to a much further degree than ranged simply because they must be in melee ranged to attack. Fire Chain and Molten are the two biggest offenders, as they are centered on the enemies themselves and in higher difficulties become the most difficult to simply survive.

/agree

add waller to that list too!
First, I am very surprised to see this post. Second, there really are more important questions that have been raised over and over on these forums that have been ignored. I'm sure you can find them.

I'm not going to quote the section I have a question on, I'll just say your #3 question.

My question is: Why do the monsters have no pool to cast from or at the very least any minimum time in between casts?

It really is ridiculous that a mob can instantly throw up 6 vortexes at the same time. Or, constantly spam mortars (while off screen), or jailers, or even wallers. They should be pulling their attacks from some sort of pool like we do. They should only be allowed to cast one at a time, like we do.
Okay well this thread needs a blue response... at least let us know if you enjoy the feedback. Or ill. bump.

Also agree...
Congratulations Blizzard, the closest response to admitting to your atrocious, countless failures in diablo 3 was Bashiok saying there IS NO END GAME. Ignore the 99% of forums and the issues in the game and address the ones no one cares about. Way to go! Shame on you all.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]